The MotoGP Thread

JLv3.0

The MotoGP Thread

Post by JLv3.0 »

Let's see if this gains any traction - I have a feeling there are more fans on here than we think and it's too good to be buried in the Motorbike thread.

Season kickoff in just over a week - difficult one to forecast this year. As a Marquez fan it's going to be all about his shoulder surgery recovery - this little snippet sums up how bad it turned out to be:

'Marquez’s shoulder was in a much worse state than expected when surgeons operated last December. As soon as he was knocked out for the operation, the shoulder popped out of the shoulder simply because he was no longer using his muscles to keep the humerus bone located. And the operation took four hours, not the planned 90 minutes, due to the seriousness of tendon damage.'

* bork *

J-Lo is going to be a waste of space at first, at a guess. Still a long way from fit on a new bike and no doubt has spent the recovery period on Instagram :lol:

In terms of lack of injury, lack of new bike to get used to and just general ability, I think Dovi is going to be fkn hard to catch, and my money's on him for Qatar at least as the Duke suits the layout to a T.

Be interesting to see how the rookies get on - Quartararo and Bagnaia have been oddly quick in testing and I want to see how Mir settles on, who took his foot right off the gas in 2 last year as soon as his GP ride was confirmed.

It's all very, very exciting and I can't wait 8-) - sometimes spend entire weekends glued to it.

To whet your appetites, here's the best race I've seen so far in the couple of years I've been watching it. I posted this in the 'Bike thread but it's too good to not post again. 175 overtakes!!

Wonder if this thread will just be me talking to myself as usual :lol:
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The MotoGP Thread

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 am oh, and one last request please. No posting the results until 24 hours after the race ends?
How is that going to work? a thread to get excited about MotoGP, but you can’t discuss what happened in the actual MotoGP races until a day after the excitement has died down!

Just avoid the thread if you haven’t watched the race.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I begrudgingly admit that that might be more realistic. I was getting confused between this place and WhatsApp group chats 🤦‍♀️
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I watch every race, or at least I try anyway. Just watching the lean angles they achieve and two-wheel drifting is worth it alone, never mind the close racing.
M235i
tim

Post by tim »

Adds name to cannot wait list.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Alex_ wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:58 am I watch every race, or at least I try anyway. Just watching the lean angles they achieve and two-wheel drifting is worth it alone, never mind the close racing.
^THIS
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 am Just avoid the thread if you haven’t watched the race.
This. If you come on this thread between the actual race and you watching it and complain someone has posted spoilers, you deserve to have your bumhole set on fire.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 am
Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 am Just avoid the thread if you haven’t watched the race.
This. If you come on this thread between the actual race and you watching it and complain someone has posted spoilers, you deserve to have your bumhole set on fire.
plus having it on one thread makes it pretty easy, as opposed to morons posting a new thread titled “well done Hamilton” or something right above the existing F1 thread.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 am
plus having it on one thread makes it pretty easy, as opposed to morons posting a new thread titled “well done Hamilton” or something right above the existing F1 thread.
I also support immolated anuses for that infraction.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Me too. Forgive my earlier retardation - I had a very early start today.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 am Me too. Forgive my earlier retardation - I had a very early start today.
Baby related?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Flying to the Fatherland then bringing them back to Dubai on Sunday. So yeah you could say that! :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Lots more early starts to come, then :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep :) - what to do. 8-)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am Flying to the Fatherland then bringing them back to Dubai on Sunday. So yeah you could say that! :lol:
😎
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Anyone caught the FPs and quali? Great to see them move to a Q1 / Q2 format for 2 and 3, makes the practice sessions far more relevant than they were in the past.

Couldn't have predicted the grid for the GP. I think it will be between Marquez and Dovi like last year but top work by Maverickandgoose to get pole even with the slowest trap speed down the straight.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 amI think it will be between Marquez and Dovi like last year
Well I called that pretty well 😂
tim

Post by tim »

Cal on the podium though! Ace stuff - was like watching a Moto3 race! More of that please.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Got to love Crazy Eyes Cal - he always looks like he's been speeding his tits off for a few days when he's in front of the camera. Magnificent effort!

Moto2 and 3 were good as well, bloody hell I'm pleased this is all back on again!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Is this still restricted to BT Sport in the UK and Quest for highlights?

I practically haven't watched it since it left free-to-air, and the highlights package just doesn't really cut it.