FTAO: Simon

V8Granite

Re: FTAO: Simon

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am
dinny_g wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 am DJ - if it’s a girl Baby, get her a Music Box. You know, one with the pop up Ballerina...

Best gift for a girl baby and your sister will think you’re a legend...
Errrr... I'm driving to Copenhagen, not the 1950s.
:lol:

Dave!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

When you tell your sister that it's a gift that will live with her daughter for ever - when she goes to college, it'll be in her dorm room, when she gets married, it'll be the first item she'll unpack when she moves in with her husband / wife.

It'll be a little reminder of you and your wife that she'll carry with her always...

New mothers - and particular sisters - love that sh1t... Trust me - you'll be elevated to hero status... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 pm When you tell your sister that it's a gift that will live with her daughter for ever - when she goes to college, it'll be in her dorm room, when she gets married, it'll be the first item she'll unpack when she moves in with her husband / wife.

It'll be a little reminder of you and your wife that she'll carry with her always...

New mothers - and particular sisters - love that sh1t... Trust me - you'll be elevated to hero status... :lol:
Nobody bought one of them for my daughter and I can't say I've felt the loss. But advice gracefully (sort of) noted.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

True story, my Mum has a music box that's been with her since she was a young child, though it doesn't have a pop-up ballerina in it.

Instead it's just got a compartment for jewellery and trinkets. The reason? Her great uncle made it for her - He used to make musical instruments and furniture and this is the one thing that she still has of him. He used to make harps and stuff. Extraordinary. He didn't make the little musical mechanism itself, but the rest including the ornate woodwork on the lid. It's exquisite.

So go on Alex, get cracking now and you might have made it by half term (2023).
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 pm True story, my Mum has a music box that's been with her since she was a young child, though it doesn't have a pop-up ballerina in it.

Instead it's just got a compartment for jewellery and trinkets. The reason? Her great uncle made it for her - He used to make musical instruments and furniture and this is the one thing that she still has of him. He used to make harps and stuff. Extraordinary. He didn't make the little musical mechanism itself, but the rest including the ornate woodwork on the lid. It's exquisite.

So go on Alex, get cracking now and you might have made it by half term (2023).
Well... Problem is that her father is a very skilled woodworker (no sniggering in the back). I've got exactly zero chance to match his abilities.
---
evostick

Post by evostick »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 am
evostick wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 am Caribbean again I expect but then I'm not the one pretending to GAF here.

Do DFDS not run direct ferries anymore then?.
Clearly you don't. No, they've cancelled the service.
He is just angry as the hippies keep stopping him in his Landy thinking he’s off to support the anti-frackers.

Dave!
Not angry Dave just somewhat perplexed.

The bloke that was just listing all the things that he does to literally SAVE THE PLANET and was doubtful as to what other meaningful changes he could make to his lifestyle in order to minimise his own detrimental effect on the aforementioned rock. In the very next post he expresses his concerns that during the discretionary two thousand mile journey that he's about to undertake in a people carrier from his chosen country of residence to the one he regards as home, to look at a baby, he might not have a functioning radio to listen to.

I guess that I just take things too literally and in reality Alex is actually just a well intentioned yet humble serf who spends his time lugging faggots around and worrying about the common good.

And I'm just a cunt.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I think he uses the local butcher though so it's all good :lol:

Dinny's extolling of the virtues of gifting a music box with a ballerina inside - I'm going to need a bit more time to process that, but as a holding post - daaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuumm.
evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:29 am I think he uses the local butcher though so it's all good :lol:

Dinny's extolling of the virtues of gifting a music box with a ballerina inside - I'm going to need a bit more time to process that, but as a holding post - daaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuumm.

As do I James, as do I.

However I do so because they sell fucking good steak (usually anyway).

As for Dinny and his musical box of dreams, I think much like Pandora's, it's probably one best left unopened.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

evostick wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 am

He is just angry as the hippies keep stopping him in his Landy thinking he’s off to support the anti-frackers.

Dave!

The bloke that was just listing all the things that he does to literally SAVE THE PLANET and was doubtful as to what other meaningful changes he could make to his lifestyle in order to minimise his own detrimental effect on the aforementioned rock. In the very next post he expresses his concerns that during the discretionary two thousand mile journey that he's about to undertake in a people carrier from his chosen country of residence to the one he regards as home, to look at a baby, he might not have a functioning radio to listen to.

I guess that I just take things too literally and in reality Alex is actually just a well intentioned yet humble serf who spends his time lugging faggots around and worrying about the common good.

And I'm just a cunt.
:lol: we only read the responses for the bazinga moment :lol:

I’ll do a recycling drive at the kids school, you have a chat to China about their smokey chimneys.

Most of us are not quite at Tesla erection levels but every little helps.

Dave!
evostick

Post by evostick »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am

:lol: we only read the responses for the bazinga moment :lol:

I’ll do a recycling drive at the kids school, you have a chat to China about their smokey chimneys.

Most of us are not quite at Tesla erection levels but every little helps.

Dave!
Every day, further down the rabbit hole...

Can anyone translate Dave for me please?.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Not me - Dave has become increasingly incomprehensible over the last few weeks.
evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am Not me - Dave has become increasingly incomprehensible over the last few weeks.
Climate change?.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Only explanation.
evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 am Only explanation.
FFS that's terrible. We must all do something!.

I'm going to buy a special plastic bin so I can separate recycling in a more self-satisfactory manner.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

evostick wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 am

Dave!

And I'm just a cunt.
I was about to try a meaningful response, but then I found myself agreeing with your very last statement. So, I'll not bother.
---
evostick

Post by evostick »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am

I was about to try a meaningful response, but then I found myself agreeing with your very last statement. So, I'll not bother.
:lol:

I suspect the only real difference between you and I is that I know it too and you still think that you're not.

Have a nice trip!.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon, I've emailed you (using the account associated with this good forum). Just had a thought that it might be a spam account you don't check.
---
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thanks Alex,

Yes just seen it. Replying now.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Hi Simon,

Did you see my last email?
---
Simon

Post by Simon »

OOooooooh, sorry, yes, I had, but wasn't in a place to reply and have subsequently forgotten to. I'll do that now.