IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

6 Nations

Post by IanF »

No one watching?

Missed the French game last night, which looks like it was a good one (but enjoyed today’s games obviously!)
Cheers,

Ian
duncs500

Re: 6 Nations

Post by duncs500 »

8-) EPIC.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think that's as well as I've ever seen England play. Amazing defence.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

They just didn't give Ireland any chance to settle.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

No doubt. Feel bad for the Irish today, they were chasing from the beginning, and that’s always a painful way to play.
Cheers,

Ian
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jonny May should have been MOM for me, under the high ball he was winning everything against the best in the world at it.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm Jonny May should have been MOM for me, under the high ball he was winning everything against the best in the world at it.
Yeah, even Eddie didn’t agree with the MotM!
Cheers,

Ian
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Great game and a fantastic result.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

England were absolutely superb today. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

IanF wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:18 pm
duncs500 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm Jonny May should have been MOM for me, under the high ball he was winning everything against the best in the world at it.
You guys are those skinny 100kg pretty types aren't you ? 😀

Furlong is one of the best tightheads (if not the) in the world and Mako held his own scrummaging, when you add that to tackles, metres made and the fact that he needs to 125kg+ considering he's there primarily as a pusher it was outstanding.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

As a player admittedly 25 years ago, I am in awe of the hits these guys take. Anyone that can stand up to that for 80 minutes is MOM for me.
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jezh wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:56 pm As a player admittedly 25 years ago, I am in awe of the hits these guys take. Anyone that can stand up to that for 80 minutes is MOM for me.
You’re absolutely right, but we’re not talking about participation medals here, so only one person can win MotM. 😉
Cheers,

Ian
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

IanF wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:14 pm
Jezh wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:56 pm As a player admittedly 25 years ago, I am in awe of the hits these guys take. Anyone that can stand up to that for 80 minutes is MOM for me.
You’re absolutely right, but we’re not talking about participation medals here, so only one person can win MotM. 😉
Accepted. Don't think it was the right choice tonight though. Slade and Nowell were far superior
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Carlos wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:24 pm
IanF wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:18 pm
You guys are those skinny 100kg pretty types aren't you ? 😀

Furlong is one of the best tightheads (if not the) in the world and Mako held his own scrummaging, when you add that to tackles, metres made and the fact that he needs to 125kg+ considering he's there primarily as a pusher it was outstanding.
I'm not saying Mako didn't have a great game, but that's the best I've seen May play by some distance.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Well beaten - can’t have any complains. England were superb in defence - like an old school Springbok team.

Only positive for me was it might take Ireland down a peg or two because they were beginning to run away with themselves.

Might make them better prepared for the World Cup because it’s obvious, there’s a formula that works against us.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

dinny_g wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 am Well beaten - can’t have any complains. England were superb in defence - like an old school Springbok team.

Only positive for me was it might take Ireland down a peg or two because they were beginning to run away with themselves.

Might make them better prepared for the World Cup because it’s obvious, there’s a formula that works against us.
Cut off the supply lines by hitting every breakdown hard and kicking in behind Sexton whenever the opportunity presents itself...... seems obvious now it's been done but took long enough for anyone to make it work, just goes to show how we were missing the Vunipola brothers and Tuilangi, that spearhead draws everyone away from Slade / Farrell / Daly etc. and created the space that allowed the opportunist tries to be taken.

Feel that Curry could have just had a warning as Irish player was leaning back as the tackle (which he was fully committed to, and did try to wrap under the arm/shoulder) occurred due to having just hoofed the ball at the last possible second - but it was academic as England were magnificent in every area and you could see Irish confusion growing as to WTAF was happening because that was not the way their script had been written and there wasn't a secondary fall-back plan it seems.

Wales Vs England on 23rd will now it seems be the championship decider after Wales pulled off one of the best comebacks in history (helped by a couple of French howlers) to win a game that they didn't deserve really but perseverance and taking the All Black view of a game is winnable until the whistle blows - so fair play to them, they will have to improve hugely if England can carry yesterdays form forward into that game as they'll get swept off the pitch in a white tidal wave.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Walks come back was superb and I got to watch the England game down the pub on the big screen last night. What a game that was!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

teacherboy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Feel that Curry could have just had a warning as Irish player was leaning back as the tackle (which he was fully committed to, and did try to wrap under the arm/shoulder) occurred due to having just hoofed the ball at the last possible second - but it was academic as England were magnificent in every area .
It was a complete performance by England.

Curry was a bit late, a bit high and borderline a shoulder charge, exactly the sort of dumb play World Rugby is trying to clampdown on . If he'd hit him below the armpit with both arms wrapped it's probably just a penalty for timing.

Halfpenny hasn't played since October due to a concussion incurred during the Australian Autumn international, the incident didn't even warrant a penalty at the time , Curry's contact isn't dissimilar but Kerevi's shoulder road up and caught him in the Jaw.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm8-)
😎Indeed. Superb stuff