Disabled or Family Spaces

Mito Man

Re: Disabled or Family Spaces

Post by Mito Man »

Just don’t say anything in South or East London if you want to return home alive.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Can the parking space police please decide if my mother should be: shot, burnt at the stake or hung, drawn and quartered, for using a parent and child space when she took her frail 90 year old mother to the shops?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jackleg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:19 pm Can the parking space police please decide if my mother should be: shot, burnt at the stake or hung, drawn and quartered, for using a parent and child space when she took her frail 90 year old mother to the shops?
She should be kicked in the shins for forcing her poor, frail mother to do her own shopping.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ste

Post by ste »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm
ste wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm Why is it?

By which I mean, it isn't.
Muttering under your breath is the British way. Being argumentative about it is the PH way.
No, being too uptight and repressed to open a discourse with someone about something because you can't control your emotions and know it's likely to turn into an argument is the British way.

Speaking confidently and politely to somebody about something they've done which is selfish, is inconveniencing you and others and making society work worse is the adult, intelligent thing to do.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ste wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:03 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm
ste wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm Why is it?

By which I mean, it isn't.
Muttering under your breath is the British way. Being argumentative about it is the PH way.
No, being too uptight and repressed to open a discourse with someone about something because you can't control your emotions and know it's likely to turn into an argument is the British way.

Speaking confidently and politely to somebody about something they've done which is selfish, is inconveniencing you and others and making society work worse is the adult, intelligent thing to do.
Like when you see someone getting out of a 911 or Evora, irrespective of whether they have kids in the back? Reactionary escalating aggression, that's the modern British way. If only people had a little more self control. Live and let live. I don't think there's a single example in this thread of anyone here actually inconveniencing anyone, or themselves being inconvenienced, as a result of anyone parking in these types of spaces.
Last edited by Jobbo on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

This can be agreed through further discussion. Guaranteed.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am This can be agreed through further discussion. Guaranteed.
Bugger off with your newly authorised parental right to park in them :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

:lol:

That is something I really noticed in the Fatherland by the way - fk me how small are parking spaces these days!! Had the hire car had a sunroof I'd have used that for access and egress.

Spaces here are normally Land-Cruiser sized with enough space to allow the three maids, two house boys, driver and one obese child to accompany their mother distractedly wandering around any given store on her phone, not giving a shit about her kid and getting in everyone's way, and easy access for the boat-sized perambulatory device the fat little bastard is barely wedged into.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I assume the P+C spaces are near the door to make it easier to get the sprogs in to the shop without mishap. Unlikely to be needing a pushchair around a supermarket as they are a bugger to push when you have a trolley as well. When my two were 1 and 4 but both walking I found the close proximity and wider door opening to be brilliant.

At night I have often used a space without a kid in though as the place is empty, I wouldn't use a disabled space though.
ste

Post by ste »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 am Like when you see someone getting out of a 911 or Evora, irrespective of whether they have kids in the back? Reactionary escalating aggression, that's the modern British way. If only people had a little more self control. Live and let live. I don't think there's a single example in this thread of anyone here actually inconveniencing anyone, or themselves being inconvenienced, as a result of anyone parking in these types of spaces.
You seem to disagree, then agree with me and then disagree with yourself all in that one post. Solid work.

And yes, people are inconvenienced. It's not difficult, don't park in the spaces that are designated for specific purposes; If you do, you're a selfish prick. Pretty easy. Not all disabilities are obvious / visible. People with kids don't need to justify their reasons for using the spaces allocated to them.

Our village Co-op has a single parent space and a single disabled space. They're the ones nearest to the entrance. Lazy, selfish people park in them because they put their need to walk slightly less over the genuine need of people for whom the spaces are allocated. I've seen people struggle from further away in the carpark because, usually a van, is blocking these spaces. If I see the driver i'll politely point out that they've inconvenienced someone and ask them to be more considerate in future. I'm yet to have someone get angry about that or try to argue that they're justified in parking like a dick.
Simon

Post by Simon »

OK so the other half is now pretty big at over 23 weeks pregnant. She can't really get into the car if we're parked in a normal space and there's a car alongside us. What's the consensus on using P+C spaces now? Technically there's a child, it's just not 'out' yet.. :D
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just get her a blue badge and have done with it :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Convertible so she can plop in from above?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Home delivery.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 am I also deliberately park in the disabled spaces outside KFC. Actual disabled people will use the drive-thru.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes