Aus

unzippy

Aus

Post by unzippy »

Those that work had a day off today because Australians died in the war, so Bec and I went to the mountain.  We found some outfuckingstanding roads, as good as anything I've driven on before 8-)

Route - https://goo.gl/maps/PXWQsJVsSER2  It started to get interesting from Chum Creek Road and just got better and better.  Marysville to the ski center at the top was mind blowing.

Found a MK7 GTi to play with and of all things, a KTM Xbow.  The chap's company (https://holinger.com.au/) had developed a sequential box for it.  Very cool stuff but he was babying it along.

Could be a valley on the way to the Ring in October...

Eltham has it's own winery :D

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Beany

Re: Aus

Post by Beany »

Australia is dead? Bloody hell, your immigration really didn't go down well, eh?

Looks like a good day out 8-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Nice! I was born in Moonee Ponds and lived in Footscray for years.

Roads out to the east of Melbourne are good but often heavily trafficked and policed.

Out west if you venture towards the You Yang's you can pick up roads used to film Mad Max. Steiglitz/Brisbane ranges has some nice quiet roads.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Looks like Derbyshire ;)

Good day out driving - cant fault it. :D
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

RobYob wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am Nice! I was born in Moonee Ponds and lived in Footscray for years.

Roads out to the east of Melbourne are good but often heavily trafficked and policed.

Out west if you venture towards the You Yang's you can pick up roads used to film Mad Max. Steiglitz/Brisbane ranges has some nice quiet roads.
Noted ta, will check that out next. How long since you were last in Moonee Ponds? There's a mental amount of construction going on:

A nice touch - I've seen the pumps about but this was extra.  A pump, stand and a selection of tools, none of which had been pinched!

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

unzippy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:26 am A nice touch - I've seen the pumps about but this was extra.  A pump, stand and a selection of tools, none of which had been pinched!

I’ve seen these at some train stations; pump, stand, tools the full works.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I'd have thought in the uk they'd have the tools snipped off within a week 🙄
Cheers, Harry
ste

Post by ste »

Really? They're all over the UK. I'm yet to see one with the tools missing.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

unzippy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:26 am
RobYob wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am Nice! I was born in Moonee Ponds and lived in Footscray for years.

Noted ta, will check that out next. How long since you were last in Moonee Ponds? There's a mental amount of construction going on:
I made it back for the first time since 2012 over Christmas and yeah the inner West of Melbourne is having a huge building boom, although really only starting to close the huge gap to the East side. If it wasn't mortgaged I'd push over my weatherboard place in Footscray and put up terraces. My favourite shabby Viet restaurant was just as I left it though which was perfect for a major pig out on prawn pancakes.

A road I haven't driven in possibly a decade but remember as beautiful is Turton's track out in the Otways near Skeynes creek. Although again cops and tourists might have ruined it for driving like the Great Ocean Road/Footpath.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Which one is your fave restaurant in Footscray? When we landed we spent 2 weeks in an airbnb in Footscray, I loved it. We had also stopped their with mates a few years back.

IaFG Down Under Division
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Thien An on Irving street, ignore the epically tacky interior and enjoy the Prawn&pork pancakes, chilli calamari and chicken ribs.

The only Viet place we've found in the UK that does pancakes even half as well as Thien An is in London and costs about triple that of Footscray.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Popped over to Tas for a long weekend, catch up with the Fam and to see what Dark Mofo is about.
Dark Mofo is a winter festival put on by MONA (https://mona.net.au/) There's art installations all over the city, including this year a chap who's buried himself under a road - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... three-days

Anyway I was more interested in the Winter Feast - https://darkmofo.net.au/program/dark-mo ... ter-feast/

These lead to the entrance;

With a field of Hoyley style braziers

You then get led into the main indoor feast area - a massive shipping shed at the docks.

Food stalls and bars stretching the length either side, including a Mini bar :D

Despite all the flesh, vegans were looked after too.

Then on to the outside areas.

Water features and fire pits galore.

By now I'd found the non hipster beer, proper size tins of Asahi and was quite happy :D

Then we went to look a the art.
One shipping shed had spheres with lights spinning around.

Amazing in my well lubed state.

Next shed had red lasers in, also amazing.

That's about where the pics finish as the next shed had a band and a couple of bars in so we stopped there as all that art had made me thirsty again.
Fantastic evening, highly recommend it.
For Aus, surprisingly non H&S with all the flames, or maybe that's just Tasmania :D

IaFG Down Under Division
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

That looks amazing :lol: 8-)
Marv

Post by Marv »

Looks shit!

I'm hoping to visit Tas some time next year.
Oui, je suis un motard.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

unzippy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:29 am For Aus, surprisingly non H&S with all the flames, or maybe that's just Tasmania :D
The prevalence of extra limbs and mutant regenerative abilities in Tasmania means they need not worry quite as much about safety as regular human settlements.

Looks like great fun!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Vagina visions and no breakfast: what happens when you spend 12 days at a festival

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... a-festival :lol:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Some recent spots.
This is driven by an old boy of at least 80 with a Gandalf beard, wrap around sunnies and a hoodie made of a beach towel.  He lives a 4 min walk from this supermarket.

Cute mini ute:

Tidy pair of Porsches:

IaFG Down Under Division
Simon

Post by Simon »

unzippy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 am
Cute mini ute:

Subaru Brat! :o 8-)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Still can't see one without thinking of a Daisy Dukes'ed Jaime Pressly :lol:

Admittedly that applies to pretty much anything.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

A portaloo on a worksite:

:D

IaFG Down Under Division