The Cats are good too thread

McSwede

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:53 pm
That's ginger and therefore requires a sound thrashing. Please administer immediately 😂😂
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm
unzippy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:16 am I think that's because she is still a kitten (just about to turn one) and as such sees everything is a fantastic adventure.
She also has yet to go to the vet in the carrier box, so has no negative experience to tie to the carrier box.
Did you have a harness on her for walking her outside the car?
Oh yes!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jeez. Tried them once on 2 cats that were 1yo. We'd had them a week, and they were climbing the walls even after the snip. It was a nightmare.

One didn't make it past the front step before becoming a raging ball of fur, claws and teeth - I just swung him back into the house. The other dragged the wife up the estate as he'd got a sniff of a female cat and was ready to do some damage!

Never used them again - just let them go :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Pretty sure ours would rip all the skin from both your arms if you attempted to put a harness on him.

He's a bit odd anyway, friendly as anything inside, but if he's outside and you try and approach him he'll either run away or hiss / take a swipe at you, but he likes coming up to see what you're doing and sit or lay near you 😂
Cheers, Harry
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

It's a gradual process. There's no way that you can put a harness and leash on a cat and take them out straight away.

For a few days we left the harness out, next to her food bowl.
Then at meal time, I put the harness on her on her. While she's eating it's fine - she can't concentrate on anything else. As soon as she finished she notices and falls over - at which point i take it off.
Repeat for the next week until you get to point where she doesn't notice it on. Then practice putting the harness on while she's not eating.
Then you attach the lead until she notices and tries to fight it. Take it off.
Keep going - little and often.

You get to a point where she is happy in the harness with the lead attached.

But at no point will you ever be able to take a cat for a walk. All you will be able to do is let the cat take you for a walk whilst you are safely attached to it :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
mik

Post by mik »

All of the above just makes me think of the famous cat carrier....

As an aside : we had a half-day of Falconry recently - Chrimbo gift. The bloke had 24 birds of differing varieties - several 15+ yrs old. I can’t remember his exact script, but he was highlighting that despite the fact he’s known them (other than his rescues) from chicks, they don’t cuddle up, they aren’t friends, and they would leave him at the drop of a hat if an easier food source became available. I mention this as he stated “Birds of prey make cats look like dogs”. :lol:

(And it was a great experience - holding a Steppe Eagle on a glove at arms length becomes quite difficult after a minute or so. (The owner holds it with his upper arm vertical, so much easier, but only cos the bird knows him - it won’t stay that close to strangers...). The silent-flight of owls is amazing, and having an Eagle-owl with a 6ft wing span fly up and gently land on your glove is magical. As is taking a Hawk for a walk and having it swoop between the group centimetres from your legs/arms/head at 5millionty mph (approx) whilst it follows you around waiting for a glove to be shown to indicate that some food is available. Would recommend 8-) )
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Cats are distracting when you’re trying to work from home.

An absolute unit
evostick

Post by evostick »

Recent pics of mine. He's brought two live bunnies into the house in the past 24 hours. Very reassuring at the current time :lol:

unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Had a reorg of the man cave (laundry) today. Arnie supervised.

Must have knackered her out as she fell asleep in my hand.

IaFG Down Under Division
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Arnie is beautiful.

We have three kittens arriving on Sunday...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:48 am Arnie is beautiful.

We have three kittens arriving on Sunday...
Bloody hell, that's going to be hard work! And an enormous amount of fun 😎

IaFG Down Under Division
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Yeah, two bengals and a munchkin; all almost exactly the same age (born 18th and 20th March) so they should be fine together. It'll be particular fun integrating them with the four cats and two dogs we already have :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:41 am Yeah, two bengals and a munchkin; all almost exactly the same age (born 18th and 20th March) so they should be fine together. It'll be particular fun integrating them with the four cats and two dogs we already have :lol:
You have a bit to go before you rival my colleague at work who has nine cats. And somehow, a boyfriend.

We've decided her boyfriend is actually all of her cats standing on top of each other, wearing a trenchcoat. She has not disabused us of this notion.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Apparently if you get to 32 or more cats, you start to have interest from the authorities but we'll be fine with 7. Scope for many more. Once you get to more than three, the total number is pretty much immaterial.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

7 cats! I’d love that but would probably die from an instant allergic reaction the second I’m in a room with 7 cats 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

2nd pic is a tiger cub foh sho. 😎
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

All very cute and all, but why were four cats not enough?! :lol:
(Apologies if I missed it in an earlier post).
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Because there’s no real disadvantage to more and I like cats 😃