nuttinnew

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by nuttinnew »

:( R.i.p. Arthur.
You're a good man mik.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:cry: Good on you for going to the trouble mik, hopefully this means your neighbours cat could still turn up safe and sound.

One of the reasons I'm quite happy not to have pets is having to deal with the fall out when they eventually die. The clamour from the wife to get a cat gets stronger all the time, so I'll probably lose the battle someday.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:15 pm😭
All of this.

A genuinly decent and honourable thing you did Mik.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

How awful, but what a lovely thing to do Mik.

We still have three cats, the one-legged wonder is still going strong at 15, but one of the younger two has been pretty much adopted by our lovely next door neighbours. They recently lost an old cat so its quite nice they can still have a cat without actually having a cat. And the other one is a very sweet cat, but we still have a hankering for a Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am we still have a hankering for a Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest.
According to my friend with four Maine Coons, the Norwegians are lazier and sleep a lot. That might be preferable, of course.

Our bengals are very curious cats. They love humans, they want to play, they love climbing and exploring but, amazingly, they don't immediately rush out of the front door if it's accidentally left open. They termper their curiosity with a dose of caution. I think my wife finds them a bit too much effort, but I love their intelligence and personality.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Ooooh, or a Bengal. I’d forgotten about those 😃
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Good work Mik, not knowing or eventually finding the cat after it’s been out a few days must be a million times harder. A freshly dead animal at least has a bit of dignity about it.

We’ve had to deliver 3 to the vets, it’s horrible and sucks but it’s the right thing to do.

Ours are around 12 each now, it will be very upsetting when George goes especially, he’s such a cool cat.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

On a slightly less depressing and distressing note (I have also found a neighbours cat by the road, back when I lived up north :( ) I am looking after my neighbours cat while he's down south doing some narrowboating with the kids.

So far I have discovered

He likes strokes
He likes scritches
He likes the sound of his food bowl being filled
He likes licking wet flagstones (think he was wanting water, put lots out for him as a result - although he might just be an attention seeking tart)

Tomorrow I plan to find out if he likes chimken as a treat because why wouldn't you treat a nice friendly middle aged kitty who goes 'KWAK' when you say his name?

Really need to sort my shit out and get a cat :)
mik

Post by mik »

😎
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Really need to sort my shit out and get

some vids of the kwakking cat :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Really need to sort my shit out and get

some vids of the kwakking cat :D
I have some videos of the cat totally chilling in my lap after having some chimken, but no kwaking, as he only seems to do that when he wants attention :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sounds like he's training you well. It'll be sod's law you get a cat and it's standoffish :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

No cat is standoffish provided you have enough meaty nibbles to share ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

No meaty nibbles tonight but I'm still his best friend ever it seems. He's also managed to get something that looks like a fig or a date stuck in his long fur.

I have some small shears (for cutting e-cig wicks out of cotton, arf) so I'll check the owners is cool with it and if so, I'll cut it out tomorrow to prevent it from getting worse.

Done that loads of times with my own cat back in the day - long haired cats can be a pain for it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:07 pm No meaty nibbles tonight but I'm still his best friend ever it seems. He's also managed to get something that looks like a fig or a date stuck in his long fur.

I have some small shears (for cutting e-cig wicks out of cotton, arf) so I'll check the owners is cool with it and if so, I'll cut it out tomorrow to prevent it from getting worse.

Done that loads of times with my own cat back in the day - long haired cats can be a pain for it.
Took me till last night to get maxie to chill out enough for me to get the shears out - managed to remove it, although there was still some clumped up fur left over (a bit too close to the skin for me to risk - if he was my cat I'd have cleared it up fully, risked giving him a wee nip with the shears, won his trust back over time, etc - but I didn't want his owner to come back to a grumpy kitty).

His Slave, Charles, has thanked me on Max's behalf for cutting that shit out of him.

As he should - it took me about 45 mins of treats, scritching and careful manipulation of rib-tickling to get Max to sit in my lap in a position where I could get that toot out of his fur :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

<waits for shaved pussy joke>

Our kittens are now nearly 6 months old. We will he letting them outside later this month. Introducing the existing cats to them gradually; Badger has been windmilling at them, and me 😄

Weasel remains missing. Been over 2 months 😢
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh no :(

Max can be let out without any problems. He just luxuriates in my neighbours driveway. Even though he knows I'm chill, he won't cross the road to me on my doorstep :(

Hopefully Weasel has been taken in by a neighbour who tempted him with chimken.

Also, my repayment for looking after my neighbours cat is to....help him with a network problem tomorrow. I'm not sure that's how it works :lol:

(he appreciates me doing the legwork on the chewing gum-esque toot in his long fur though)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »