The Cats are good too thread

nuttinnew

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by nuttinnew »

Fair enough (unless they all poop in the same place) :D
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Jobbo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 pm Because there’s no real disadvantage to more and I like cats 😃
Update please?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I have a lot of kitten photos, Zips; too many to go through and upload here. So look at my Facebook for now. One of the bengals is a bit mental, the other is much calmer but gets wound up and plays with the mental one; even the little munchkin has become quite feisty and teases the two bengals. So during mad hour each evening it’s a bit of a riot in the living room. All are quite happy to fall asleep together on my lap at other times 😄

Having started introducing the existing cats to them, we’re not making much progress because the kittens are fine but the three 2yr olds just growl and hiss. More exposure required. The dogs have met the kittens once and one was fine, one was a bit excitable - he’ll calm down when he’s been thwacked on the nose a few times.

The mental Bengal is almost too much; we are getting scratched a lot as she runs over us, climbs our legs etc. It’s not safe to sit with her in anything less than jeans currently. She’ll calm down as she gets older.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon

Post by Simon »

Lovely :)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Can you tell which one is the mentalist from those photos? :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Our cats favourite toy is still a red ball from a child's ball pool 😹

Cheers, Harry
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:34 am Image
😎
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am Can you tell which one is the mentalist from those photos? :lol:
The one behind the camera I'd wager ;)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Beany wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am Can you tell which one is the mentalist from those photos? :lol:
The one behind the camera I'd wager ;)
Annie was not present :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

That's a horrible thing to say, no matter how true it is!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:o :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The mental one (Hazelnut) suddenly went all soft and cuddly when snuggled into a fleece on my lap last night. She runs around like a mad thing for an hour every evening, and she's definitely the more confident with the dogs and anything else new, but she's not shown herself to me much of a lap cat until then. Found her weakness :lol:

Honey (short for Lovehoney because she looks like she's wearing stockings), the snow bengal, is a sweetie. She is quite capable of climbing the curtains from a standing start but she's very affectionate and a bit talkative.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

8-) AF Jobbo!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Our cat had a couple of weird episodes / fits yesterday. His back legs went all wobbly and he couldn’t stand/ walk and kept slowly lifting and stretching one of his front legs. Didn’t seem to be in any pain, just sort of staring blankly into space.

Few minutes late he was fine, 20 mins later he had the same thing and then was fine again.

Even more strange, my mrs got one of those one year ago things on her Facebook and it was a post about him doing exactly the same thing on the same day exactly one year ago!

That time we took him to the vets for various tests which didn’t find anything, so no point going again unless it starts becoming more frequent.

He doesn’t seem to be in any pain or frightened and thankfully doesn’t lose control of his bowels when it happens.
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

For those who are still going to the vets, are the vets allowing you in with your pets or are you having to drop them off in the car park? Ours are the later and it made my cats normal stressful yearly checkup just impossible when she was unaccompanied.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Took both our dogs in last week.

> call vets when you arrive - they allow you in only when bet is ready to see you
> one person with pet(s) only
mik

Post by mik »

Warning - story might upset. :|

Neighbour came round the other weekend to highlight that her tabby cat had not returned home for a few days - very unlike her - was checking with folks nearby whether she might have snuck into a garage / shed and got locked in accidentally. I let the neighbour check round our place - nothing. I advise mrs mik & the sprogs to be on the lookout.

Mrs mik called me on the way into work this morning - on a back road a couple of miles away from the house she saw a tabby laid out at the side of the road. :(

My first thought was to call the neighbour and let them know - but I thought that would be pretty shit. How can you direct someone to a location 2 miles away without knowing it is their animal? So - 50mins til my first official meeting of the day, so suddenly I am in the car and on my way to find the Tabby with a plan to try and check its collar. Spotted the wee soul based on mrs mik's directions (not a strength or hers, so fair play), and stopped as soon as I could - at the entrance to a cottage. As I got out of the car I heard barking and a Beagle came bounding towards me - kept in by the gate. I then noticed a bloke coming out behind it in his jimjams and a dressing gown (aka House Coat in Glasgowcestireshire).

Bloke comes towards me - obviously wondering what I am doing. Reckon he's late 60's. He apologises for being in his nightwear. I apologise for parking at the end of his drive, explain the situation with the neighbour and that my wife spotted a cat. I wanted to check its collar.

"We've got two cats. I've seen one of them today already".

Oh. :|

"The other is a tabby".

Oh no. :oops: He's looking a bit shaken.

"Do you mind if I come with you to check?"

Of course.

We walk 25m round a slight bend in the road and the wee cats body is there. Looks like he's been placed there to me.

I look up and the old boy is all welled up. "That's my Arthur". :cry:

I feel awful - not cos I was in any way responsible, but because it didn't occur to me for 1 second to check whether he had cats. I suggest we move Arthur further off the road - his legs are on the tarmac. Bloke is broken. Tells me he can't. Asks me if he is still warm? I wasn't planning for this, but I had brought a pair of nitrile gloves so I could check the collar info, so I found myself picking him up as respectfully as I could (whilst trying really hard not to show that I was a bit freaked out by this) and moved his body up onto a section of grass. He's stone cold, so looks like this happened through the night.

I console the old bloke for 5 mins and get him back to his driveway. Arthur had been with them 4yrs but they reckon he was about 4 when they got him. I didn't dig any further but sounds like a rescue. Bloke was going off to break the news to his wife. We didn't even exchange names. Will drop a card into them.

Not how I intended to start my day, but certainly a better start than the old boy and his wife were having :cry:

RIP Arthur. :(
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😭
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'd say that knowing someone else was concerned enough to drive out to retrieve a neighbours dead cat was probably better than just stumbling upon it himself.