4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

mik

Re: 4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Post by mik »

Today was exhausting for rescuedog (who has been with us for 8 months now, - wow).

First she fell asleep with her ball in her gob.

Then she tripped and nearly fell down the stairs...., but decided to have a quick kip first....

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol: 8-)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dogs are mobile man traps and must be stopped!!

They are also lovely, it’s a conundrum.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:18 pm
scotta wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm Year ago today we lost our girl. Still missed.

ImageDSC_5900 by Scott Armstrong, on Flickr
:(

They’re not with us for long, but bring so much. 8-)

mik is correct.

:( and/but 8-)

(Muddled words today :oops: ).
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Eric is now nearly 7 months old, bigger than his Auntie and still growing fast. I am beginning to worry that we accidentally bought a greyhound.

ImageUntitled by preachercain1, on Flickr
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

Boba is nearly 7 months old and over 22kg! If I didn't see his pedigree paperwork I would have thought he was part mastiff.
Absolutely lovable fella.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

PreacherCain wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:00 pm Eric is now nearly 7 months old, bigger than his Auntie and still growing fast. I am beginning to worry that we accidentally bought a greyhound.

ImageUntitled by preachercain1, on Flickr
Not necessarily a bad thing, my grey is lovely. She’s a lazy piece of shit, but lovely all the same
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Caution, very unhappy story with unpleasant pics;

https://www.gofundme.com/9an8j-justice-for-charlie
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:58 pm Caution, very unhappy story with unpleasant pics;

https://www.gofundme.com/9an8j-justice-for-charlie
That's shit.

Seems to be a very common theme. Saw 2 stories last week via FB, one about a minature dachshund and one about a Jack Russell/Poodle cross puppy, both set upon by bigger dogs, both killed. Owners of bigger dogs not seeming to care and just leaving.
Personally I would steam in on behalf of my dog to either extract it or fend the other dogs off and i'll also go in and grab him if he gets out of order.

There's some really shitty owners out there who should just shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Carl.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 am There's some really shitty owners out there who should just shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.
Very few shitty dogs, far too many shitty owners
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

jamcg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:52 pm Not necessarily a bad thing, my grey is lovely. She’s a lazy piece of shit, but lovely all the same
Not in any way a bad thing! Just... Unexpected when what you think you have, is a whippet. ;)

@Dinny - true, dat. Some people are just cunts, and should be stopped. Ideally, in a permanent and irretrievable way.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yep Peracher...

My brother was mauled (thankfully nothing life changing) when i was a kid and I’ve an inate fear of dogs ever since. It takes me a long long time to trust a dog and in all my adult life, I’ve only really trusted 3 dogs - all 3 Staffs- raised by 2 different families.

Brilliant owners, brilliant dogs
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ Yup to all of that (including a dog growing up into a different one than you thought it was :lol:).
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dog attacks are strange ones, only the bigger/more powerful biting ones get recorded.

Flash was attacked outside a tea room on the way to the pet shop, small Yorkie clamped onto his lip as he went down to sniff. Owner thought it funny but me less so, stupid but.

Second was on a walk, the dog kept harassing him and eventually bit his neck where he turned around and snapped back sending it running. In come the owner saying his response wasn't called for.

It's the same way you see small dogs pulling and not in control, they just pick them up or pull them away. Big dog owners don't have that luxury and it shows up those who are too lazy, ignorant to understand when they aren't in control of their dog.

As to the Whiphound hybrid, absolutely love those dogs, when you see one get its legs on them and go for a mad sprint its awesome. Such a great example of built for purpose.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I didn't mean anything against large dogs when I posted that link, though I can see how it could look that way. I'm not sizeist :)

A happier post;

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Longer update, but what the hell, everyone loves dog pictures right?

First guide dog puppy Ben is now fully qualified and is looking after a man in Belfast. We got sent this "graduation" picture of him.

Second dog Jet is going through training at the moment, but is struggling to relax. He was a pure-labrador and whilst absolutely devoted to my wife, was a bundle of energy - you can see why they prefer cross-bred lab/retrievers to get the best of both worlds. Hopefully he'll still make it though as he was also very intelligent and I could see him being someone's absolute best friend for life.

Ginger George is now 10 and starting to slow down. His running days are long gone so swimming is more his thing now.

Rescued Moose continues to be the most loving, grateful and happy dog we've ever had. We're utterly convinced he's from an Irish puppy farm and he's just had a tumour removed from his back, so its fingers crossed it hasn't spread, but its clearly not affected him.

And finally we have the new addition Danny. He's another Guide Dog Puppy, so we'll have him for 12 months or so. He's a lab/retriever cross, fiendishly intelligent and very laidback, so we have high hopes for him. He's the most adorable pup and would make an amazing addition to the family - he's settled right in and has clearly got the lazy retriever gene - but I'm sure he'll go on to be an amazing Guide Dog.

Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Lovely! That last pic is amazing!
The artist formerly known as _Who_