4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Gwaredd

Re: 4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Post by Gwaredd »

We're doing some building work in the garage and pulled up some old floor yesterday, only to find our old dog's paw print in garage floor paint exactly 5 years to the day after he'd gone. I bet I was fucking raging when he walked through my wet paint at the time! :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:07 am We're doing some building work in the garage and pulled up some old floor yesterday, only to find our old dog's paw print in garage floor paint exactly 5 years to the day after he'd gone. I bet I was fucking raging when he walked through my wet paint at the time! :lol:
I have a paw print from when my old greyhound may was put to sleep- It’s one of my favourite things I have in my house.

Any plans for it?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Nope, putting new floor over it. Just happy knowing it's there.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:00 am 😎 please confirm breed.
Bit of a mix - his mum is a Patterdale, dad is a Cockerpoo. I wanted a bigger dog next but Doug comes from the house where we board Roxy when we're away and she can't come with us. I was picking Roxy up a few weeks ago and they mentioned that one of their dogs had just had pups. I made the mistake of mentioning this to my wife. A flurry of Whatsapp messages later and we are where we are! :lol:
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dinner time!!!!

Breakfast was pretty much the same but without the egg.

They took to waiting to be told when to eat really well but they are very hungry.

Hutch on the left is getting a bit more than Cooper as he is a bit lankier and not bulking up as much, he will probably be on a bit more for the rest of his life so that’s Cooper jealous no doubt :lol:

We have a dog Walker once a week as she takes a good pack of dogs out and they really enjoy it. Her 2 rules are no intact males and no siblings as she has had issues before with the groups. Luckily after some tester walks she has broken her rules and the dogs absolutely love it.

Dave!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Chaotic message follows, with a request for comments at the end as unfortunately I am one of the world's most anxious dog owners as I'm totally new to it/and a nutta.

Our lab has kennel cough the poor mite, so she can't got to daycare during the day as normal. Thankfully she's not ill with it now after a fleecing at the vets, but is probably still contagious so she can only go back Monday after next. She was vaccinated, but apparently there are lots of strains they can still catch.

She's only six months old now so I'm loath to leave her at home on her own, I always crate her normally when we go out, but for three hours max. She's not really a chewer of things she shouldn't now, she doesn't bark when she's left in the crate or the car, but couldn't live with myself if she got into trouble when we left her. Planning to test her out on her own this weekend hopefully.

Unfortunately we're having difficulty finding someone to look after her next week. And I'm nearly out of leave and so is my partner as we took all our time off to look after her when she was a pup. Dog walkers obviously don't want to come in as they don't want to pass it on to other customers dogs. I brought her into my work and took her out of my car every couple of hours on Tuesday of this week, but it was far from ideal ☹️

I think the answer is for me to man the fuck up and leave her to her own devices and she'll be just fine until I come back at lunch time and then after work, but need some kindly car enthusiasts and fellow dog owners to tell me I'm not some kind of turd for doing such a thing.
mik

Post by mik »

You got it in the final paragraph. In the crater -which is boring for her, but necessary. If you are worried she will eat her bed or whatever, then a soft muzzle will prevent that.
Last edited by mik on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:01 pm You got it in the final paragraph. Boring for her, but necessary. If you are worried she will eat her bed or whatever, then a soft muzzle will prevent that.
Good shout. Cheers Mik.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Yup, not nice thinking about leaving dogs alone but sometimes it’s necessary. She’ll just get bored and go to sleep, just ends up needing a bit more play/cuddle time when you get home but she’ll let you know if she wants the attention lol. Mine are usually only a couple of hours alone but up to 4 hours occurs reasonably often and it’s no problem. I once had to leave them for 8 hours, and didn’t even have any accidents to deal with but wouldn’t do that regularly
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, dogs are generally quite happy to be left like that unless they have separation anxiety and the like. They sleep a hell of a lot, more than most people think. Walk before work and will be quite happy til you get back. Especially if the heating is on.
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

We’ve done well over 12 hours before due to horrific traffic, parents being out of town etc.

Leave a radio on or telly, ours listen to smooth jazz on Alexa.

Also, a new toy each day as that will keep her happy, 2 a day if you are getting back at lunch. Just cheap £2 ones from somewhere.

Dave!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

You are all good people, cheers folks.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Fwiw the sound/rhythm of the washing machine always seemed to calm Moocher to sleep.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Whenever we had a new pup we'd leave the radio on overnight and if we went out.

We had a decent amount of snow last night so took the gang out to a big field so they could run around. Its brilliant seeing dogs play in snow, they seem to have a genuine love for it. It even had our old bod running around.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:25 pm Whenever we had a new pup we'd leave the radio on overnight and if we went out
We did that 24 hours a day when ours was locked in the kitchen. They are very clever dogs - never go back to where they had a shit or listened to J Vine :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:25 pm Whenever we had a new pup we'd leave the radio on overnight and if we went out
We did that 24 hours a day when ours was locked in the kitchen. They are very clever dogs - never go back to where they had a shit or listened to J Vine :lol:

mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Puppies arrived! Apparently the one earmarked for us is one of the blue merle boys in the pic. Hoping to meet the pups around Christmas time.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D
mik

Post by mik »

I can’t see fook hall in that pic :geek: but news is 8-) regardless.
mik

Post by mik »

Pupdate. 5.5 months old and doing well. Around 23kg.

She lost 3 teeth with the part of her jaw that was removed. One adult tooth which was obviously not going to be recovered, and the surgeon warned that (due to loss of blood vessels) the adult teeth may not come through properly for the other 2, and - worst case - her jaw at that side might grow at a reduced rate to the other side - causing her face to “twist”.

Thankfully neither scenario has come to be. Real relief.

Still brimming with energy, and confidence. She’s great. 8-)

Note: she’s scraped her muzzle on something. Permanent scar near her eye from puncture wound, but it is pretty subtle. Note significant increase in tan sections of her coat. (Mum was black & tan, dad is jet black)