The ebay thread

speedingfine

Re: The ebay thread

Post by speedingfine »

mik

Post by mik »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... V5-FLfZwDE

Evora SR a la Mik
Dude!

That is “SR Colours” on an older Evora. Smaller wheels, way less interior niceness, and no supah-charger. :|
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:22 pm
speedingfine wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... V5-FLfZwDE

Evora SR a la Mik
Dude!

That is “SR Colours” on an older Evora. Smaller wheels, way less interior niceness, and no supah-charger. :|
:lol: sorry hun!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:21 am Image

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-CX-s ... SwmX5gXzxc

Loadrunner, baby! 8-)

As it's a recreation, it's petrol and RHD too.

I remember reading the build story of that 8-) Much want, and it's nearby, but I've no idea where I could keep it :(

Rich; agreed about the beige, I think the style of number plate spoils it. Also agree with the filler cap, it's a crap as lpg converted cars with the lpg filler stuck randomly through a quarter panel :roll:

I'd forgotten about the TG Lada; £100k :o
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rocket Bunny kits are designed to be relatively easy to fit so I guess they don’t want to be fucking around with filler pipe extensions or moving the filler.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm Rocket Bunny kits are designed to be relatively easy to fit so I guess they don’t want to be fucking around with filler pipe extensions or moving the filler.
if I was paying thousands for the kit, extending the filling cap would/should not be a big deal.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I wonder if there’s a legal aspect too. Changing the filler pipe for a non standard item would be counted as modifying the fuel system which would cause issues in some countries.
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 pm I wonder if there’s a legal aspect too. Changing the filler pipe for a non standard item would be counted as modifying the fuel system which would cause issues in some countries.
So keep the same filler and modify the cover then, rather than just ignore it 🤷‍♂️
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:13 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 pm I wonder if there’s a legal aspect too. Changing the filler pipe for a non standard item would be counted as modifying the fuel system which would cause issues in some countries.
So keep the same filler and modify the cover then, rather than just ignore it 🤷‍♂️
yeah, it wouldn't even be that hard to do, just change the position of the hinge.

It looks terrible as is

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

All well and good arguing over how bad the fuel filler cap looks but what about all the shit someone’s attached around it with self tapping screws. The real solution here is to bin the bodykit.
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Evora SR a la Mik
Dude!

£27k for a 2+0? Last year you'd struggle to sell that for love nor money. The colour scheme does help - but still, shows how much the market has shifted. The thread on PH for "How long until the 20k Evora?" still marches on :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:25 am All well and good arguing over how bad the fuel filler cap looks but what about all the shit someone’s attached around it with self tapping screws. The real solution here is to bin the bodykit.
As I said, I have a guilty love for silly wide arch kits, but its more of a case of EVERY wide body kit seems to completely fuck up the fuel filler. I'm curious if it's actually a "thing" to not try and incorporate it in better.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:21 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:21 am Image

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-CX-s ... SwmX5gXzxc

Loadrunner, baby! 8-)

As it's a recreation, it's petrol and RHD too.

I remember reading the build story of that 8-) Much want, and it's nearby, but I've no idea where I could keep it :(

Rich; agreed about the beige, I think the style of number plate spoils it. Also agree with the filler cap, it's a crap as lpg converted cars with the lpg filler stuck randomly through a quarter panel :roll:

I'd forgotten about the TG Lada; £100k :o
That is fabulous. And 16 years as their daily driver - fair play!
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’m going backwards, time-wise. I fancy something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324575149946
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I like them as objects but zero desire to own one 😂 did I ever post my grandads old 1929 sunbeam after it was restored?
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 pm did I ever post my grandads old 1929 sunbeam after it was restored?
I’m not sure you did. Crack on !
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:56 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 pm did I ever post my grandads old 1929 sunbeam after it was restored?
I’m not sure you did. Crack on !
Whoops, 1928

Was in the same garage as the fiat, he used to park his actual car he was driving between the two 😂

He sold it maybe 10 years ago. They didn’t even trailer it, just put a couple of new valves in the tyres and towed it on an A frame 😂

Bloke randomly came back after he’d finished it for a couple more photos, gutted I wasn’t around for either it’s removal or return

Then someone sent my mum a link to a website when it was for sale a while back with a nice bit about the back story and loads of pics

https://vandp.net/sales/902/1928-sunbea ... no-1001-k/
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nice, and a lovely job on the resto, not OTT, but really nice without being OMG-speck-of-dirt-concours-bufty.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, I love that they kept the original seats, they look like proper comfy old armchairs. I bet if it was a resto in the USA they would have ripped them out and used brand new leather.

I’d love to find out where it is now and go and have a look, my gran used to let us go and sit in it when we stayed over.
Cheers, Harry