The ebay thread

Coaster1

Re: The ebay thread

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 am Image
Love it. The exterior colour and the interior combo works for me.

I prefer Arnage though.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I don't like the purple. Agree with you about the Arnage.
mik

Post by mik »

Not an eBay post or even a car for sale, but WTF.

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:31 pm Not an eBay post or even a car for sale, but WTF.

Jesus! How to wipe the value from a car.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I keep an eye on "carswithnoreservereading" on eBay because they often have interesting bits & bobs. They have a Bentley Continental atm and it's incredibly refreshing to read a description like this:

"2004 BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT 6.0 W12

This Bentley, much like almost all of our other Bentleys we have had, has a lot of issues. Driving it back from the auction it felt EXTREMELY under powered, and felt like it was late changing gears (i felt myself having to let off the throttle to let it change and when it did it wasn't a very smooth transition)

Note, this is a 16 year old car, so do please set your expectations accordingly, the number of people we have pitch up to see these and moan about minor things is very frustrating! Hate to break it to you folks but it needs to be pointed out, this is a Bentley, these have loads of stuff on them, they are usually brought secondhand by people who frankly cannot afford to maintain them in peak condition, so frankly if your after one at this age, and this kind of money, you would be very naive to expect to expect to find a car that everything works on and is perfection! If your paying £20k from a dealer for a 2004 one, then you would expect everything totally right! We have not been advised of service history so assume it has none! It the car turns up with something then great, but I doubt it will, as the vendors would have told us if it had!
"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293712102147

Apart from the dubious seatbelt pads, it doesn't look tooooooo bad in the pics.....
Simon

Post by Simon »

That's where Rev bought his 911 isn't it?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:17 pm I keep an eye on "carswithnoreservereading" on eBay because they often have interesting bits & bobs. They have a Bentley Continental atm and it's incredibly refreshing to read a description like this:

"2004 BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT 6.0 W12

This Bentley, much like almost all of our other Bentleys we have had, has a lot of issues. Driving it back from the auction it felt EXTREMELY under powered, and felt like it was late changing gears (i felt myself having to let off the throttle to let it change and when it did it wasn't a very smooth transition)

Apart from the dubious seatbelt pads, it doesn't look tooooooo bad in the pics.....
That's probably been flogged to hell and back by a drug dealer, and I can't help thinking about the GT that went through Hoovie and Tavarish and never ran right.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:30 pm That's probably been flogged to hell and back by a drug dealer, and I can't help thinking about the GT that went through Hoovie and Tavarish and never ran right.
Oh for sure ! It has TROUBLE written all over it, in massive flashing red neon :D
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Extremely incorrect colour but Diablo SV 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My old compact.

I’d been looking for another for ages, literally bought a car yesterday, then this pops up 😭😭

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203096933769
Cheers, Harry
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I'd believe you but he describes you as a professional.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:55 pm My old compact.

I’d been looking for another for ages, literally bought a car yesterday, then this pops up 😭😭

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203096933769
Appears to be sold already.

And Jon - he doesn’t specify a professional <what> ;)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 am Is this "A Jobbo" ?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 7211495902
Certainly to my taste - I love purple, had a Flying Spur as my wedding car... it’s bang on. But I’d spend that money on an AMG GT, sadly not with purple leather because that doesn’t seem to have been offered ☹️
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

:twisted:
Jobbo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pmAMG GT, sadly not with purple leather because that doesn’t seem to have been offered ☹️
i expect some tasteless rapperist somewhere has Ruined their GT interior with purple cow.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Just a shame they couldn't decide which silver to use on each panel on that right and side.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

How much has been spent on it? :shock:
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 pm Just a shame they couldn't decide which silver to use on each panel on that right and side.
I seem to remember that you’ve got a good eye for paint mismatches and pointed it out on cars that I didn’t really notice... but fair play on that one - drivers side door is a completely different shade of silver!