The ebay thread

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Re: The ebay thread

Post by PaulJ »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:36 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm That Twizy looks great - are they road legal?

Yep :D
i always thought exposed tyres were a no no?
Spare ones are. Buy longer t-shirts. ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think it’s a bit tragic, there’s nothing worse than when you have a car which looks overly aggressive and fast but it’s as slow as a slow thing.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:36 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm That Twizy looks great - are they road legal?

Yep :D
i always thought exposed tyres were a no no?

Good point, I guess it depends upon what's it's classified as :?
The one for sale doesn't have a current mot (ran out Oct '17), the other one whose reg can be seen is.

Ah, having a nose about it seems that tyres do indeed need to be covered but it's not something that can fail a mot (might be a quadricycle thing), and a chap with a modded Twizy with exposed tyres got stopped at a VOSA/etc checkpoint and nothing was said about them, they were just curious about the car in general (he fitted Caterhamesque arches anyway).

Here's a vid with an F1;

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

From the TVR school of engineering, for use in cold weather....
Heating would be provided by plugging in electric blankets to keep the driver warm.
Cheers,

Mike.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I think they are quite cool little things. Renault (RCI) now let you buy out the battery and, on the Twizy, it's not too unreasonable to do so. We came close to hiring one in Keswick a couple of years ago, until the heavens opened...

I think it's fair to say Horner isn't a fan :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

On a car the tread needs to be covered when viewed from above, which is why tyres stretched over wheels which stick out past the arches started to be a thing.

But as above, it depends what they get registered as as several other features on them wouldn’t meet car regulations such as light placement.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm On a car the tread needs to be covered when viewed from above, which is why tyres stretched over wheels which stick out past the arches started to be a thing.

But as above, it depends what they get registered as as several other features on them wouldn’t meet car regulations such as light placement.
good point, is a Twizy a car or a quadricycle? And do quads need wheel covers?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:53 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm On a car the tread needs to be covered when viewed from above, which is why tyres stretched over wheels which stick out past the arches started to be a thing.

Too many questions for a £30k Twizy that you're never going to buy :D
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:53 pm

arent you interested in solving car questions? I guess I’m just naturally curious!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Of course. Carry on :)
Left over crest; tightens.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jesus! :shock:
John

Post by John »

The seatbelt covers are a bit OTT.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It really needs some more Audi logos.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Of all the crap stuck to it, it’s the fact they’ve painted the ends of the front number plate instead of just chopping it smaller to show the yellow bumper behind which offends me the most 😂
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

S3 on seats, rs3 on the dashboard, s-line gear knob. Make your mind up
Marv

Post by Marv »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:24 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:53 pm good point, is a Twizy a car or a quadricycle? And do quads need wheel covers?
arent you interested in solving car questions? I guess I’m just naturally curious!
Quadricycle, according to Wikipedia:
The Renault Twizy is a two-seat electric car designed and marketed by Renault. It is classified in Europe as either a light or heavy quadricycle depending on the output power, which is either 4 kW (5.4 hp) for the 45 model or 13 kW (17 hp) for the 80 model, both names reflecting its top speed in km/h.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:08 pm S3 on seats, rs3 on the dashboard, s-line gear knob. Make your mind up
Glad it wasn't just me who spotted that.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Marv wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:57 am
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Quadricycle, according to Wikipedia:
The Renault Twizy is a two-seat electric car designed and marketed by Renault. It is classified in Europe as either a light or heavy quadricycle depending on the output power, which is either 4 kW (5.4 hp) for the 45 model or 13 kW (17 hp) for the 80 model, both names reflecting its top speed in km/h.
A guy a few doors up has one along with one of those awful Aixam things which I’ve just discovered are also quadricycles. He must love going slow in embarrassing vehicles.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:25 pm Of all the crap stuck to it, it’s the fact they’ve painted the ends of the front number plate instead of just chopping it smaller to show the yellow bumper behind which offends me the most 😂
:lol: I thought something was up but couldn't place it. Now you've said that I've looked again, and it's not just that, the plates have borders that go round the painted bits as well :D