It's the weekend

Steve_B

It's the weekend

Post by Steve_B »

Is the “It’s the weekend” still a thing ?

If not tell me to fuck off

Oherwise, I am flying out to Budapest tonight, mostly spending time with Nora and Felix (my wife and son) who went out on Sunday, seeing various friends on Saturday and Sunday, seeing Editors in concert on Monday and flying back on Tuesday.
JLv3.0

Re: It's the weekend

Post by JLv3.0 »

Been to Budapest before? A river boat ride at night is a must, especially to see the parliamentary building. Beautiful place.
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

This is my 3rd trip so far this year, Nora is from Budapest, it is a beautiful and fantastic place, I love spending time there.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Going to see our new Pup for the first time on saturday. No other plans.
Beany

Post by Beany »

My plan for the weekend:
Today: Do lots of dull work bollocks, then
Buy something nice for the missus to make up for being a blithering bumblefuck last weekend (nothing malicious)
Spend the rest of the weekend chilling out, chase some work stuff, do some testing of work stuff, etc.

Nothing exciting in short.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Generally recovering after working until 2am each night this week :(

Spending some time with the toddler. Might get up early on Sunday and take a drive through Kent and down to the South coast now the weather seems to be brightening up a bit.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Steve_B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:50 am Is the “It’s the weekend” still a thing ?

If not tell me to fuck off

Oherwise, I am flying out to Budapest tonight, mostly spending time with Nora and Felix (my wife and son) who went out on Sunday, seeing various friends on Saturday and Sunday, seeing Editors in concert on Monday and flying back on Tuesday.
It hasn't been for ages but it could be again. After all, we're all new here.

Have fun, enjoy the gig.

edit: New Model Army gigs* tonight and tomorrow.

*Actually a singalong in a chapel with the band playing low key. Can't wait.
Last edited by JonMad on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Left over crest; tightens.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

For some reason I have to go to the Trafford Centre tomorrow. I really don't know why but my wife is making me go.

Sunday, I'll be pulling the seized pistons out of my GSXR calipers. My plan involves JB Weld and a slide hammer. Yes, really.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Seeing Bicep play in Brum tonight (for an hour, £25 a ticket, hmm) then have friends up for Sat/Sun so back into Brum tomorrow again for general drinks n high jinks.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Flying out to NZ to join the family. So pretty much just catching up on movies in a cramped seat in a metal tube.
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am Flying out to NZ to join the family. So pretty much just catching up on movies in a cramped seat in a metal tube.
Whereabouts in NZ are you going ?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Watch the F1, wash some cars if I feel up for it, do a BBQ. My energy levels are very up and down though so I may just sit in my pants and do nothing.

Also a group of travellers have broken into a field about 1/2 a mile away. So far in 3 days I’ve noticed a 500% increase in McDonald’s wrappers and a pair of car seats dumped on our lane. Will be manning the property on high alert till the bastards move elsewhere...
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Going to see some racehorses at a trainers yard in the Dales on Sat morning then watch the racing from Aintree in the PM with a couple of sherries :lol:

Sun, not sure yet (I'll be told) and Monday mini McSwede goes in for grommets in her ears and her tonsils out.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mick should have been here to start this thread :lol:

I'm going to see a man about a wedding tonight, then doing some gardening and trying not to fvck up my back like I did on Easter Sunday.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Steve_B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am
simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am Flying out to NZ to join the family. So pretty much just catching up on movies in a cramped seat in a metal tube.
Auckland as usual. Family wedding north of there so going to spend a bit of time afterwards touring Northland.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am in a metal tube.
A metal tube, full of farts...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am
Steve_B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am
Auckland as usual. Family wedding north of there so going to spend a bit of time afterwards touring Northland.
5 years ago I spent 3 weeks in South Island, watching some cricket and then MTB’ing, it’s fantastic place, I hope I can get back there at some point.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

No plans other than leaving work, might drink my body weight in beer. May also wash a car.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Taking a bunch of furniture to the dump. Wash some of the cars.

If I'm lucky, I'll also find time to fit the Porsche X74 springs I bought last year.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Driving back from a week in Salcombe tomorrow. House is fully restored and decorated, so it’ll be nice to see how it looks. Lazy Sunday planned.

Oh, and gotta put a few pounds back on the dogs, they’ve both shed a ridiculous amount this week despite me giving them nearly double their normal calorie intake. Even the Cocker is tired today! (I’ve failed to lose the same weight due every walk ending up at a pub)
Cheers,

Ian