It's the weekend

nuttinnew

Re: It's the weekend

Post by nuttinnew »

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Week 1 of the South Africa trip is done - spent the week out on the sea being wowed by dolphins and whales. No diving as the conditions were too rough but still an awesome week in a beautiful part of the world.

Today I picked up a BMW GS1200 (sorry Tim) in Durban and will ride to Cape Town over the next five days, three days of it being on the Garden Route.

Not hating unemployment :D
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sounds shit.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Hoping for at least one day totally off work this weekend... will be the first this month. :?

Anyhoo - fortnight off starting the 30th so that should be some respite plus a transcontinental trip to look forward to.

Contrary to normal this time it’s on a train not in a car... Happens to be on the VSOE from Venice to Paris for the wife’s birthday, though, so not exactly interrailing :D She’s been obsessed with doing it since she was a kid but truth be told I’m getting pretty excited about it too now :geek:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 pmSounds shit.
Yep :cry:
Beany

Post by Beany »

GG. wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 pm Hoping for at least one day totally off work this weekend... will be the first this month. :?
Ha, I've not had a day off being on call for the last 18 months :lol:

My weekend involves investigating the wheel sensors on the car as they, annoyingly, seem to think one of 'em is FUBAR, despite them all reporting tyre pressures :roll:

Also, cutting out the rot from the last year of my life and trying to clear down and move on a bit. So a late spring clean of sorts.

Got my bro over to help with that, although I'll likely do it all myself and just accuse him of being lazy while I make him lots of coffees :lol: I could just do with some company that isn't bettited and treacherous, I think :D

Note to self - ask him to take the jack so I can put the undertray back on the car.....
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:00 pm Durban

evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:00 pm Week 1 of the South Africa trip is done - spent the week out on the sea being wowed by dolphins and whales. No diving as the conditions were too rough but still an awesome week in a beautiful part of the world.

Today I picked up a BMW GS1200 (sorry Tim) in Durban and will ride to Cape Town over the next five days, three days of it being on the Garden Route.

Not hating unemployment :D
It all sounds a bit shit tbh but I forgive you. Try not to catch AIDS.

Tomorrow we have the honour of hosting megastars such as The Proclaimers, Basement Jaxx and Dick & Dom in Chalford park which all seems a bit surreal really.

Sunday it's my dads 70th birthday party.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Saturday: watch some planes fly around above Farnborough
Sunday: drive about a bit and maybe get some lunch (better than a Costco hotdog)
Left over crest; tightens.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Tomorrow, big BBQ at a friends house for his birthday, mucho food and drink til the wee small hours... Sunday drop kiddo at friends house for a couple of days of sleepover as she's done for the summer from school and both me and the wife have to work Mon/Tues. Then come back and frantically clean our house/sort out clothes etc. as we're off to New Zealand on Weds for 20 days of family adventures driving around the north island and visiting my wifes best friends at their farm in Waipu
GG.

Post by GG. »

Beany wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 pm
GG. wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 pm Hoping for at least one day totally off work this weekend... will be the first this month. :?
Ha, I've not had a day off being on call for the last 18 months :lol:
Ah! On call - how sweet. I'll swap you that for working 8am to 3am Saturdays and Sundays ;)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

If I had a heart I'm sure it'd bleed.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’d happily work 8am to 3am weekends right now :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Wife is away, I've got nothing on (apart from getting unintentionally pished tonight with work). Thinking about a massive curry for one tomorrow night and that's about it. 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

@mito: I’m currently interviewing junior associates - don’t say something you may regret ;)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 am Wife is away, I've got nothing on

Tmi.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 am Wife is away, I've got nothing on (apart from getting unintentionally pished tonight with work). Thinking about a massive curry for one tomorrow night and that's about it. 8-)
Get down the motor factors for some HT leads and a new coolant cap! :D
To refill cooling system (JJ reflected once that it was a black art for K series engines, but not so) ensure that front of car is well jacked up and the heater (if you have one) fully opened. Remove the cap head bleed plug on top of the radiator and fill the cooling system via the plastic header tank. If you find that the water level has stopped dropping in the header tank but you still have no overflow from the bleed hole, on top of the radiator, then fill the radiator via this breather opening until full. Replace caphead plug and your done. The real secret for an easy fill is to jack the front of the car up as high as possible - effectively guaranteeing the top of the radiator as the highest point in the cooling system JH
Get squeezing your hoses and blowing into your coolant tank as well. Matron.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

speedingfine wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 am
duncs500 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 am Wife is away, I've got nothing on (apart from getting unintentionally pished tonight with work). Thinking about a massive curry for one tomorrow night and that's about it. 8-)
Get down the motor factors for some HT leads and a new coolant cap! :D
To refill cooling system (JJ reflected once that it was a black art for K series engines, but not so) ensure that front of car is well jacked up and the heater (if you have one) fully opened. Remove the cap head bleed plug on top of the radiator and fill the cooling system via the plastic header tank. If you find that the water level has stopped dropping in the header tank but you still have no overflow from the bleed hole, on top of the radiator, then fill the radiator via this breather opening until full. Replace caphead plug and your done. The real secret for an easy fill is to jack the front of the car up as high as possible - effectively guaranteeing the top of the radiator as the highest point in the cooling system JH
Get squeezing your hoses and blowing into your coolant tank as well. Matron.
Problem with that is that I don't know which leads I need... hence why I was ordering them from Redline, he asked me to send a photo of the setup so that he didn't send the wrong ones, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Same applies to the coolant cap, although I haven't yet looked into that so may just be a standard thing.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany-esque levels of overthinking going on here...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Buy all the leads you think it might be, take the wrong ones back. Halfords K series leads part number appears to be HIL23. Get on with it Duncs! :lol:
Last edited by speedingfine on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.