The Movie Thread

Broccers

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Broccers »

Bond at Christmas is a must
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:11 am We watched Soul yesterday which was utterly brilliant. Uplifting, sad, inspiring, ethereal and with an amazing soundtrack. Highly recommended.
Excellent to know Coco was on TV yesterday and that's an amazing film. Was hoping Soul would be more of the same, maybe with slightly less heart rending melancholy.

Fellowship OTR has some of my favourite action scenes! The Nine's pursuit of Frodo ending at the river. The Car Troll! The Bridge!!

The Return of the king extended edition though I felt some of the action sequences long overstayed their welcome.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coco is excellent.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

After the disappointment of Tenet we watched Jojo Rabbit last night. It's another film we've been meaning to watch for ages but never got round to it.

Similar in style to Moonrise Kingdom (a good thing) with the slightly odd humour of Taika Waititi (another good thing) and some great casting/performances from the lead characters. Plus beautifully mixed audio (though the 60s music in a film based in the 40s didn't really work for me.

Overall, I really liked it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

In much the same way as the books the lotr movies don’t really get going until Helm’s Deep. I could just watch From there to the battle of Pelennor fields and be happy with it tbh.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Coco really is good. Must watch that again soon....

Soul has some moments which were quite upsetting but I'm not entirely sure why if that makes sense. But was just utterly wonderful.

We all loved JoJo Rabbit... the scene with the shoes was heartbreaking.
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I took my brain of for Tenet and enjoyed it. It's visually fun but I can see how if you try to work out exactly what's going on temporally it could get frustrating.

Does feel like it's trying to be a bit more clever than it needs to be though.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Tennet - crap cast, TV movie production quality.

I also didn't finish it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

You also spelt it wrong. :D
The artist formerly known as _Who_
tim

Post by tim »

Watched Parasite (Amazon Prime) tonight - worth a go if don't mind subtitles.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:46 am Soul has some moments which were quite upsetting but I'm not entirely sure why if that makes sense. But was just utterly wonderful.
Soul I really enjoyed, more than the kids or Mrs did interestingly. Terry voiced by the Policewoman from Hunt for the Wilderpeople was great.

Not quite up there with Coco though.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Flash of genius, it’s about the guy who invented the intermittent wiper. He has his idea stolen by Ford and has to fight them.

This is the second time I’ve watched it and really enjoyed it. Which it really shouldn’t considering the subject matter :lol:

Dave!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 pm Flash of genius, it’s about the guy who invented the intermittent wiper. He has his idea stolen by Ford and has to fight them.

This is the second time I’ve watched it and really enjoyed it. Which it really shouldn’t considering the subject matter :lol:

Dave!
Had no idea there was a movie about it, I remember reading about it a few years back - interesting tale, might have to catch that.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I had high hopes for Tenet but I can only conclude that due to the virus it matured into a big POS before being released on wider distribution.

For me it just didn't work. Crap.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Matty wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 pm
V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 pm Flash of genius, it’s about the guy who invented the intermittent wiper. He has his idea stolen by Ford and has to fight them.

Dave!
Had no idea there was a movie about it, I remember reading about it a few years back - interesting tale, might have to catch that.
How do you watch this ?
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Dave!
Funnily enough I was explaining to my youngest the other day that this was really good - he was just staring at me disbelieving....
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It doesn’t sound like the most exciting plot for a film 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Midnight Sky was the most pointless movie I’ve seen in many years, I got nothing at all from it and was baffled as to why we were following either perspective of the unfolding events without any sense of resolution.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ascender wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:21 pm Midnight Sky was the most pointless movie I’ve seen in many years, I got nothing at all from it and was baffled as to why we were following either perspective of the unfolding events without any sense of resolution.
Ditto. Watched this over Xmas, I've already forgotten most of it, but I recall vividly being confused by the entire thing.
tim

Post by tim »

Barry wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:33 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:21 pm Midnight Sky was the most pointless movie I’ve seen in many years, I got nothing at all from it and was baffled as to why we were following either perspective of the unfolding events without any sense of resolution.
Ditto. Watched this over Xmas, I've already forgotten most of it, but I recall vividly being confused by the entire thing.
LMAO. I got suckered into this turd of a film last night too.