The Movie Thread

Simon

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Simon »

It's not Morpheus, it's another character I think, as Morpheus got killed off in Matrix Online ages ago.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:41 pm

I hope they go a bit more trippy with it as per the trailer theme, as opposed to getting too far up it's own fundament.....

Written by David Mitchell...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

jamcg wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:34 pm Things I’ve taken from watching that trailer once without paying too much attention-

-Only one Wachowski involved
-Lawrence Fishburn must have been busy
-lots of blue pill references
Also, wtf has Brains got do with the Matrix?

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm It's not Morpheus, it's another character I think, as Morpheus got killed off in Matrix Online ages ago.
Looks like he is playing Morpheus, fine with it as he’s a great actor.
7E85C9C1-9E08-496D-AA25-C98DBDF46B6F.png
7E85C9C1-9E08-496D-AA25-C98DBDF46B6F.png (29.62 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
I’m really looking forward to it, I rewatch the Matrix movies once a year at least though.

Looking forward to a spike in winding up the redpill dumbasses about basing their whole bullshit thing on a transgender allegory too tbh :lol:.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

The idea seems to be that Neo/Trinity are back in the restarted matrix as a continuation, but the main protagonists/antagonists are new people in the same character roles for the most part.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I never made it past the second matrix. It was definitely one of the worst films ever made.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:35 am I never made it past the second matrix. It was definitely one of the worst films ever made.
Most Disapointing? maybe, worst? not by a long shot. I rewatched the trilogy a couple of years ago and they've aged pretty well IMHO. Michael Bayesque action movies have redefined stupid aciton movies to a whole different level.

Reloaded also has the epic motorcycle chase which one of the best ever.

Hopefully that trailer for Resurecctions doesn't contain all the best bits, and plot.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:35 am I never made it past the second matrix. It was definitely one of the worst films ever made.
Was that the one with Jada Pinkett Smith and a motorbike and something on a roof? I don't think I watched beyond that either, such a shame as the first film was awesome.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I've seen the first one a few times but the second and the third ones sort of merge into each other.

It's an alright series but not as good as many people make out.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:11 am I've seen the first one a few times but the second and the third ones sort of merge into each other.

It's an alright series but not as good as many people make out.
They were shot back to back so that's not a shock.

The sequels are far from the worst films of all time - from a technical perspective they're very competent. Shame the story was put together by people who had got so high off their own farts they were overdosing, so perhaps they were the most disappointing films for a long time, given the expectations.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I may had said before, but I remember going to The Matrix with some friends, when it first came out

When we left the cinema, they were all raving about it, and I thought it was one of the worst films I'd ever seen.

A little while later, I bought my first DVD player and it came with a copy of The Matrix, as it was the only disc I had, I thought I'd watch it, and really loved it (still do).

I've never had that before or since - where I either loved/hated a film so strongly on first viewing, and then totally changed that opinion when I saw it again...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 am
Beany wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:41 pm

I hope they go a bit more trippy with it as per the trailer theme, as opposed to getting too far up it's own fundament.....

Written by David Mitchell...
Sounds promising then 8-)

I never watched the 3rd because the 2nd was so dump.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The 2nd and 3rd ones were rushed because the studio threw money at the Wachowskis for a trilogy.

They've definitely got their flaws but I think they've aged pretty well, the plot is still a nonsense but it stands up as a genre defining series that's influenced pop culture for the last 20 years.
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:37 am
Simon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm It's not Morpheus, it's another character I think, as Morpheus got killed off in Matrix Online ages ago.
Looks like he is playing Morpheus, fine with it as he’s a great actor.

7E85C9C1-9E08-496D-AA25-C98DBDF46B6F.png

I’m really looking forward to it, I rewatch the Matrix movies once a year at least though.

Looking forward to a spike in winding up the redpill dumbasses about basing their whole bullshit thing on a transgender allegory too tbh :lol:.
Ah yes, Wikipedia, a trustworthy source.

Let me go edit it... :P
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Worse, a picture from wiki that I saved off Twitter :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:19 am The 2nd and 3rd ones were rushed because the studio threw money at the Wachowskis for a trilogy.

They've definitely got their flaws but I think they've aged pretty well, the plot is still a nonsense but it stands up as a genre defining series that's influenced pop culture for the last 20 years.
the first did. The rest were completely forgotten by most.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I don't get the Matrix trilogy hate. I rewatched them all over the last week, and the story is pretty clear. Sure the meeting with the architect needs rewatching a couple of times and that stupid 'dance music/clubbing' scene in Zion needs throwing on the cutting room floor, but there rest is decent IMO. The OG Matrix film is obviously a standout for excellence but I don't see 2 & 3 as so far removed.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My main beef with the later two is they swapped the clever bullet time camera effect from being a physical effect to CGI. It lost a lot of it's impact, especially with the weird skin texture that all CGI models of that time had.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

And let's not forget, Dark City is better... ;) :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:44 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:19 am The 2nd and 3rd ones were rushed because the studio threw money at the Wachowskis for a trilogy.

the first did. The rest were completely forgotten by most.
This