The Movie Thread

speedingfine

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by speedingfine »

Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:37 pm
speedingfine wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 pm Watched The Fugitive for the first time in a few years (it's on Netflix). Superb film still 😆
i don’t care!
He definitely got all the best lines :mrgreen:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Saw Endgame - am going again in a few days with mates having taken my wee boy yesterday. I am happy to be gong again which probably tells you all you need to know. If you like Marvel films you will like this, if not, don't aste your money.

And don't bother watching the credits.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The Voices

Ryan Reynolds stars as a bloke who talks to his cat and dog in what, on the surface, is a kooky comedy. But it isn’t. It’s dark as fuck, disturbing and messes with your mind a bit.

I like to read movie reviews after I’ve seen a film, and a lot of reviewers HATED this movie, and it’s clear that many of them missed the point of it completely. The main focus of criticism is that it’s too sympathetic towards the main character, that it makes light of the events in the movie, but the entire point of it is that you’re seeing the world through the protagonist’s eyes.

Anyway, it’s weird, it’ll split opinion, and I thought it was hilarious, fucked up, and very different.

8 Scottish sweary cats out of 10.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Endgame was a great way to end the story that they've been telling for the last 11 years. Loved it and the three hours flew by.
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

John Wick 3.

An action masterclass. The knife-fight at the start is some of the best I've seen on the screen. If you liked the first two, or just love action movies, it's a must.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am Endgame was a great way to end the story that they've been telling for the last 11 years. Loved it and the three hours flew by.
Really? I thought it was slow & lazy. My kids enjoyed it though, so probably explains why I didn't. I'm an adult.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 pm
Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am Endgame was a great way to end the story that they've been telling for the last 11 years. Loved it and the three hours flew by.
Really? I thought it was slow & lazy. My kids enjoyed it though, so probably explains why I didn't. I'm an adult.
I’m not a fan of comic book movies as a genre. I haven’t watched many of the previous 20-odd movies in the series. But, I had 3 hours to kill whilst my bike was being serviced so I watched Endgame. Despite not knowing who 50+% of the characters were, and partially due to the woman in the row in front who was an obvious fan girl explaining various plot points to her kids, I massively enjoyed it. So much so that I’m now going back and watching some of the other movies.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I watched Fast and Furious 8 yesterday as it was on Netflix. I say watched, I managed about 15 minutes before it stepped fully over my cringe threshold and I turned it off.

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed all the first 5 films (6&7 were also awful of course.)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

John Wick

Thought I'd take a look at this seeing as we're up to No. 3 and I've seen none of them. Yeah. Fairly enjoyable brain-out stuff for a couple of hours.
exiges

Post by exiges »

Saw Detective Pikachu, and liked it far more than a man fast approaching 50 should
exiges

Post by exiges »

EndGame.. other than the funny bits, what a load of shit.. but then I'm not that invested in the universe, some grown men I know claimed to have shed a tear..
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Agreed Exiges...

A far too self absorbed end to a great movie series.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

......for children.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yes please lads, can we only talk about serious films for men from now on.

Either that or just cc the cunts into any comments so they can come in and point out that you watched a family movie.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

OK then...

Breath - Drama set in 70’s Australia about 2 groms who are taken under the wing of a grizzly old surfer.

Simon Baker project, featuring 2 first time actors, chosen for their surfing skills. Gives it a very natural feel. Amazing surfing footage too.

Probably not for everyone but I love this type of downbeat Aussie movie
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:12 am Yes please lads, can we only talk about serious films for men from now on.

Either that or just cc the cunts into any comments so they can come in and point out that you watched a family movie.
It’s just JL being all Nathan. I love how you manage to trigger each other constantly :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I only had one person in mind when I made that last stupid post :lol: - flying is boring :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol: that’s what I get for coming in here before I’ve had breakfast.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

exiges wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:57 pm Saw Detective Pikachu, and liked it far more than a man fast approaching 50 should
Took the youngest Yoblet to this as he's a fan. I was prepared to tolerate it with only occasional grumbling it but it really was quite entertaining, the director was obviously in love with Bladerunner and the nods to Alien, Batman, Gremlins and various other grown up films were good fun.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Baby Driver is now on Netflix. Anyone who dislikes it dislikes fun.