The Motorbikerist Thread

Simon

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by Simon »

'Yes... you have to wear a helmet. If anyone has undertaken their Part A Module for Motorcycles in the last ten years, you will recall a section where you are requested to push your Motorcycle into a parking bay. You would fail if you were not wearing your helmet.'
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Presumably classed as "in control of" the vehicle. I can't remember my CBT, it was that long ago, but I think the manual manoeuvres were done during the other events so I will have had my helmet on anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Is it ok if you are pushing it on the pavement?
Barry

Post by Barry »

235hp pushing 152 kgs. 16,500 rpms. :shock:

Phunking quick this.

mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 pm Right - what’s the answer then?

Well there you go

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I thang youse :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Not sure if anyone follows Choppsy, he's had his supercharged Kwak retuned so its now putting 230+ ATW (250hp crank ish). Ludicrous machine, pointless on the road but bravo to him for doing it IMO.

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yes I'll catch up Baz. Nice one.

Are you buying a new bike? 😄
Barry

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:12 pm
Are you buying a new bike? 😄
Pondering options yeah, I really like how the T7 goes about things, a basic honest motorcycle, minimal fripperies but I think a good all round machine. I had another test on the base machine, and it fits the bill well. Then I had another good day out on the Tracer and was reminded how good that is too. It's a difficult one this, I like the basic nature of the T7 but I've grown to appreciate the wider spectrum the Tracer offers, cruise, heated grips, rider modes, more power, better road manners, built in luggage bla bla. And thanks to Yamaha annual finance offerings that kills 2nd hand values I'd have to throw about £3k into the deal!

Chester dealer doesn't seem interested in sweetening the deal any either, would only offer free fitting on rack and centre stand, which made me LOL in his face. Fking nerve of that, a few bolts and he thinks he's doing me a favour, on £500 worth of over priced kit.

So yeah, choice is to keep Tracer another season and see how I feel, and risk missing out on the Rally edition T7, or take a bath on the Tracer and lose a well rounded touring bike and gain a more mixed on/off road adventurer.

I'm always looking at my options, it keeps things interesting, and my day dreams of getting a more EVO car to play with are withering.. nothing really appeals, outside of Boxsters, and they seem like a risky proposition compared to my previous cars.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nice to have new things tho! Been out on mine today, I know a rare day, and it was brilliant apart from the traffic. First time this year with leathers on rather than air brake textiles - its quite frightening how quickly you could get sent to prison doing 160+ lol.

Best thing about a convertible is not having to bother with all the gear but saying this with the amount of traffic out and about today 2 wheels were certainly more fun. Getting stuck behind fucking cyclists in your car does my nut in.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:40 pm MT07 is a different thing, it's a pretty capable motor. My current "want" is this Tenere700, which uses the same motor. 72hp but plenty for road use.

I still think that colour scheme looks superb.

Given the colour scheme’s connection to your ‘youth’, if you bought that bike would you ever want to sell it? Not sure if your are a sentimental person, if you’re then you kind of ‘box yourself in’ cos it might just become your ‘forever bike’.
Barry

Post by Barry »

The way the dealer was talking was a case of having to order one to ensure I get one, rather than waiting till they hit the dealers - I have a feeling they won't all get one in. Strangely, I haven't seen many of the base model out on the roads either, which surprises me. I do think that Rally Edition looks bloody lovely though yeah, and to see on in the flesh might just swing it.

Another big day out on the Tracer today and I have to admit its more suited to days like this, the road bias and bigger midrange make life easier on the bigger Welsh A roads. It does tease you into riding faster though, which is when it starts to show its rough edges, where the T7 has a softer motor and won't tempt me half as much I suspect.

Loads of sport bikes out today Si, the usual mix of kamikaze pilots and useless dreamers :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Good one doing the rounds at the moment!

Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

:lol: :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

It would seem I've put a deposit down on the Tenere Rally Edition then. Wigan Yamaha advertising at below RRP so I called them, they have no stock left but I can have a look at a sold example by all means. I went up this morning, they pulled it into the yard for me to have a nose at. He tells me there is one left in the next batch due in October! I hate being rushed into things but the then offered to let me have the bike at £9995 (RRP £10,447). The part-ex was less than book but the same difference as not having to pay for the Tracers summer service anyway, so meh to that.

I've added the official Yamaha rack too, as it uses Givi fitment and I already have two Givi top cases to use. It doesn't need anything else really, centre stand perhaps but I'm not paying £200 for a mild steel stand.

Just got to watch the miles on the Tracer for a few months now, and wait patiently for a new toy.

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Well done Baz. looks smashing 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:35 pm Well done Baz. looks smashing 8-)
What he said. Lovely!
tim

Post by tim »

Nice one Baz! Looks the part that.

I had my S1000R serviced last week -£150 including collection and delivery in a van (dealer is 1hr 15 away) can't grumble at that. I used it for a RoSPA tutoring session Friday evening, just for lols.

Cracking ride out on the RT yesterday with my other half. She's finally got a full set of decent textiles so hopefully a tour is on the cards before too much longer.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I know nothing about bikes but that looks ace.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Watched this the other day. As suspected buying the newest bestest thing isn't always the best way forward. Note they took the slicks off the gsxr and compared again at the end.