The Motorbikerist Thread

evostick

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by evostick »

Cracking weather for it today

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Been to the coast this weekend... in the car.

Diw.

Have bought some new mirrors tho as my right one has gone a bit wobbly and it's impossible to fix apparently.
Can't moan tho the Suzuki has been totally stress free over 10 years.
Barry

Post by Barry »

New boots on the Fazer Saturday, finally able to upgrade from Pilot 3 to Road 5. Hopefully they're an improvement over the already competent Pilots.

Did my default quick run round NWales today, allergies been annoying me all weekend. Saw a few cool bikes and cars about as always.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Marv wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 pm Holy Island lighthouse:

Also known as South Stack. I haven't been there since I was a child but my abiding memory is of lots of steps.

Anglesey has some lovely bits, but I haven't really diverted away from the A55 in a couple of decades.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Brilliant stuff Marv. The off road course sounds excellent, might even tempt me onto a bike ;)

We need a 'x' thanks user for this post button to show people are appreciative of the stuff on here, been saying it for years.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Did my first RoSPA session today and it went really well. It turns out I’m already doing some stuff right and he was happy I was picking up and applying stuff quickly. I really enjoyed it but it does feel like I’m riding slowly compared to usual (ie sticking to speed limits) but he told me that my riding had “sparkle”. I’m happy with that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

Glad you enjoyed it.
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:23 pm ie sticking to speed limits
Fuck that :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm Brilliant stuff Marv. The off road course sounds excellent, might even tempt me onto a bike ;)

Mick is happy to take complete riding novices on these days Chris, he's a good teacher.. My last trip there we had a young lady join us, by the end of the day she was riding happily.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

evostick wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:25 pm Glad you enjoyed it.
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:23 pm ie sticking to speed limits
Fuck that :lol:
He did comment that I appeared to have a somewhat conceptual understanding of speed limits i.e. it was obvious I knew what speed I should have been doing :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Being saintly and not drinking made getting up dead early sunday morning quite nice... apart for my neighbours as I set off on the bike.

Had a trial run down to Donington as I really need to go and do the trackday I cancelled in April. Thought about going in for WSB but 45 quid to watch 2 races which were at home recording anyway seemed a waste of money and a day on the bike as it was perfect weather. Anyway its 50 mins door to door avoiding the M1 and not trying which is good.

Thinking of doing a novice only day https://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/calen ... 12-dp-nov/ which I suspect might be a bit low skilled....undecided.

Who else follows the above on insta? She was spamming wsb posts so checked out her riding skills around Donington - if this is an intermediate group then who knows what novice ones are like :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to Sunday tho the roads weren't too horrific, Matlock was fairly busy which was great. 4 and a half hours out on a sportsbike is just enough :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I had 3 hours out for my 2nd RoSPA session. Doing lots of wrong side of the road stuff and proper roundabout usage. Had fun at relatively sedate speeds on some local roads I’ve never been on before.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

I did novice group at Oulton Si, even on touring tyres and short shifting I was catching most bikes easily on the K8. On proper tyres they'd have been annoying I suspect. Go inters and push yourself 😎
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good call. Donington full but on standby list for next week!
tim

Post by tim »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pmDoing lots of wrong side of the road stuff
Explain. "Offsiding" is highly frowned upon now, unless you're straightening out a series of bends you can already see through.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Was definitely offsiding, if that’s what it’s called. Frowned upon by whom?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Referees?
mik

Post by mik »

I'm goimg to guess Rospa
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:28 am Was definitely offsiding, if that’s what it’s called. Frowned upon by whom?
Anyone not doing it probably.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Summer be fucked - the bikes needed a run. And they got one 8-)

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 am I'm goimg to guess Rospa
Well, it’s my local RoSPA group teaching it so that’s what I’m trying to establish.
Middle-aged Dirtbag