The Motorbikerist Thread

McSwede

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by McSwede »

That's awesome. Well done.

Van would mean the Civic would need to be sold to me to clear some space 😉😉😂 This is a champion idea!
Barry

Post by Barry »

McSwede wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:34 pm That's awesome. Well done.

Van would mean the Civic would need to be sold to me to clear some space 😉😉😂 This is a champion idea!
Haha, this is true ;) I'll keep you posted.

What free hosting sites are easy to use these days, anyone?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

That’s amazing news Barry. Awesome Christmas present 8-) 8-) 🎄🎅🏻👍

Need to find a competition to win myself a 997 Cup car :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

That looks superb!

You need new colour matching leather and helmet now :D

And grid girls, definitely grid girls. :lol:

Barry

Post by Barry »

115hp claimed, 169kgs (dry weight I imagine, but still decent). 160mph region. Ample for somewhere like Oulton. Peak power up in the 13k rpms+ I think.

If the motor is in good shape it should be a riot, I'll get it checked out before I venture out. Just need to figure something out with Rev so we can play brum brum together. 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

Wow - that is rather feckin epic Baz! 😎

So the original winner entered a competition to win something they didnt want? :?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

That's one hell of a Xmas present Baz 😎
Barry

Post by Barry »

mik wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:57 pm Wow - that is rather feckin epic Baz! 😎

So the original winner entered a competition to win something they didnt want? :?
Pretty fking cool innit.

Entry to the comp was merely buying a set of Michelin tyres between March-Nov this year I think, which we both did, and got entry for nothing. DT take your details as part of their sales, so you have an account with them effectively anyway. The other guy looks a little older and more er mature than I, so I guess he figured track riding was behind him now?!

Can't sleep now, mind is racing over ideas of how to make this work. For starters I have nowhere to store it properly, the garage is already full of bikes so it'll have to go in the dining room or shed for now! I've always fancied a van/camper so I've got that running round my head now too, watching numerous Youtube vids of "van lifers" and moto-campers.. EVO-nomics kicking in big style and I've not even seen the bike yet..

:lol:
evostick

Post by evostick »

:lol:

That's awesome Baz you lucky bastard 8-)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:24 pm the original winner declined due to being unable to use it fully (?!?!?) so I was second choice.
My word, it gets better. Amazing that someone would say no to a prize of that value even if they didn’t want it themselves. You lucky, lucky chap. 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
Barry

Post by Barry »

JonMad wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Barry wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:24 pm the original winner declined due to being unable to use it fully (?!?!?) so I was second choice.
My word, it gets better. Amazing that someone would say no to a prize of that value even if they didn’t want it themselves. You lucky, lucky chap. 8-)
Madness isn't it, and while I intend to try and use this bike I've not ruled out selling it after the season, it depends how much use I can get from it yet. I'm almost as chuffed for the accessories tbh, I can use all that kit on any bike after all. He even mentioned there's a battery optimiser in the bundle today too.. it gets better.

My friendly mechanic has offered to collect the whole thing for me, for a fee obvs, but that'll still be cheaper and easier than hiring a van to get it home. I can figure out how I want to proceed after that. Really fancy the idea of a van at the moment, and I can take my time kitting that out with some "day-van" style upgrades as I go then.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nice that Baz
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:16 am Image
I was just thinking if a T5 could be made dual-purpose (bike transporter/ camper) but reckon it’d be too small.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:59 pm

I was just thinking if a T5 could be made dual-purpose (bike transporter/ camper) but reckon it’d be too small.
My thought process is all over the place yeah, going from small as possible cheap Caddy type thing, up to high top mwb panel vans, then converted campers. Nothing cheap appeals though..
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

That's bloody disgraceful 😂😂 Good job getting them off though.

I am expecting similar things when I start on the MX5. I haven't looked at it since they day I put it in storage about 6-7 years ago. 🤞🤞🤞😱😱😱
mik

Post by mik »

Nasty. :shock: Well done for getting them out though. Did MrF also advise to smack them with a centre punch first?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:01 pm Nasty. :shock: Well done for getting them out though. Did MrF also advise to smack them with a centre punch first?
They'd been drowned in penetrating fluid for weeks, had heat applied etc. already. They didn't need a lot of torque to undo them, in the end. They just needed something that could grip the heads. The one that did snap probably only had about 10Nm applied before it just came apart.
Middle-aged Dirtbag