The Motorbikerist Thread

tim

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by tim »

That's a shame, but there's no point if you're not getting anything out of it.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Love stuff like this, a great attitude and what a story he has.

evostick

Post by evostick »

Not a bike but have acquired this quad.
It's pretty old but in GWO and and low miles at 5k.

I shall flog it as I have no use for it but it's a decent machine for what it is.
Hi/lo ratio & 4x4. I can see it being good fun in the right situation but I'd rather be on two wheels.

If anyone has any interest then let me know before I bung it on ebay. I'd estimate £1.5k on there but I'll let it go for less not to have to deal with that.
I maybe entirely wrong but I imagine the market for quads to consist of tight-arsed farmers and people that can't ride a motorcycle due to their inability to lift their knuckles off the floor for long enough ;)

240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

A mate has three or four quads and 14 acres of woodland. A great laugh but they never seem that stable.

Can’t remember makes/models but one’s a 450 and another a 600.
evostick

Post by evostick »

240PP wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:30 pm A mate has three or four quads and 14 acres of woodland.
Tight-arsed knuckle dragger with an inclination towards farming by any chance?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:21 pm Not a bike but have acquired this quad.

I shall flog it as I have no use for it but it's a decent machine for what it is.
Hi/lo ratio & 4x4. I can see it being good fun in the right situation but I'd rather be on two wheels.

If anyone has any interest then let me know before I bung it on ebay. I'd estimate £1.5k on there but I'll let it go for less not to have to deal with that.
I maybe entirely wrong but I imagine the market for quads to consist of tight-arsed farmers and people that can't ride a motorcycle due to their inability to lift their knuckles off the floor for long enough ;)

That’s awesome!!

I was in Cabinda for 15 months and we had a load of Yamaha Grizzlys and 2 Kodiaks. 1 Kodiak went to the minister of the interior as a bribe along with a load of the Grizzlys but I had a Kodiak to play on. The Grizzlys were better for acting like a wally on but the Kodiak was used for a few adventures. Including jamming a load of polystyrene into it as the tide came in fast and we had already broken the other quad.

Some of the happiest memories.

I won’t give you money for it as I am being sensible lately but can you even give a price for the joy it will bring as I take my boys greenlaning on it, listen to your heart Tim and release the greedy shackles of the pound.

Worth a try :D

Dave!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:44 pm
240PP wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:30 pm A mate has three or four quads and 14 acres of woodland.
Tight-arsed knuckle dragger with an inclination towards farming by any chance?
Just money + boredom. He’s not a farmer but all his family are into shooting and hunting fo... erm, a scent.
evostick

Post by evostick »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:04 pm

I won’t give you money for it as I am being sensible lately but can you even give a price for the joy it will bring as I take my boys greenlaning on it,
No probs. £1300 mate ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:21 pm Not a bike but have acquired this quad.

Why did you acquire it if you've no use for it?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
evostick

Post by evostick »

Simon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Why did you acquire it if you've no use for it?
Someone I know is downsizing and gave it to me to get shot of.
evostick

Post by evostick »

I know trikes are death traps but I quite fancy one of these just because I would've given my left bollock for one as a kid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-atc-70 ... SwvBpd-jU6
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:32 pm I know trikes are death traps but I quite fancy one of these just because I would've given my left bollock for one as a kid.

Ride one and you probably will lose a bollock, or your spinal cord.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:37 pm
evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:32 pm I know trikes are death traps but I quite fancy one of these just because I would've given my left bollock for one as a kid.

I wouldn't want to ride it. Maybe just sit on it and listen to some Van Halen on my walkman whilst furtively looking at the underwear section of the Kays catalogue.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:46 pm

I wouldn't want to ride it. Maybe just sit on it and listen to some Van Halen on my walkman whilst furtively looking at the underwear section of the Kays catalogue.
We have so much in common...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:47 pm
evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:46 pm

We have so much in common...
aha! That's where you're wrong you cisgendered loser.

I only looked at the ladies because I identified with tits and fanny and I wasn't averse to closely identifying as a darkie either. There's just something so noble about a savage with 36dd tits in a white lacy bra.
Barry

Post by Barry »

So I had a strange email from Demon Tweeks earlier in the week, it had grammar issues and no information, just asking me to contact them urgently. Being Christmas period I was naturally quite sceptical. Got home from the family today and saw the email again, did some digging and called DT to see if it was legit.

I got a call back not long after, from Jamie (Motorcycle Brand Manager) and he informed me I had won their Michelin competition, a 2003 Honda CBR600 track bike!! Fully prepared, covered in useful extras, Michelin Power RS tyres (and two spare sets!), warmers, paddock stands, floor mat, paddock chair and some other related Michelin goodies.

It seems legit too, the competition is all over their social media, the original winner declined due to being unable to use it fully (?!?!?) so I was second choice.

I'm naturally sceptical but this seems for real. I need to start planning some trackdays. And how to get it back from DT.. and where to keep it.

I'll add pics when I find somewhere reliable to host them.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:24 pm So I had a strange email from Demon Tweeks earlier in the week, it had grammar issues and no information, just asking me to contact them urgently. Being Christmas period I was naturally quite sceptical. Got home from the family today and saw the email again, did some digging and called DT to see if it was legit.

I got a call back not long after, from Jamie (Motorcycle Brand Manager) and he informed me I had won their Michelin competition, a 2003 Honda CBR600 track bike!! Fully prepared, covered in useful extras, Michelin Power RS tyres (and two spare sets!), warmers, paddock stands, floor mat, paddock chair and some other related Michelin goodies.

It seems legit too, the competition is all over their social media, the original winner declined due to being unable to use it fully (?!?!?) so I was second choice.

I'm naturally sceptical but this seems for real. I need to start planning some trackdays. And how to get it back from DT.. and where to keep it.

I'll add pics when I find somewhere reliable to host them.
Well, I have to get my Gixxer going again then! Oulton and Three Sisters here we come. Congrats, dude, that's pretty fucking awesome.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Oh yeah, trackday buds again. Deffo have to sort that out. My Fazer is in for service tomorrow so I'll probably bomb over to DT while it's away, to check it out and sort out dates etc. I want to see this for myself before I'll let the idea sink in fully. Very tempted to buy a bloody van now..

"A fully track ready 2003 Honda CBR600RR which has been fitted with Michelin Power RS tyres (plus two additional pairs are also included), King Carbon fairing, seat & tank cover, a full set of R&G crash protection, front & rear Goodridge brake lines, EBC front brake discs, SBS front & rear brake pads, K&N air filter, Valtermoto rearsets, Racetec front springs, Nitron sport shock, Biketek levers, PZ Racing gear indicator, RK chain & sprocket kit, Scorpion exhaust plus many other smaller modifications. In addition to the bike, the prize also includes a selection of accessories for the track including front & rear paddock stands, tyre warmers, a Demon Tweeks paddock chair, Demon Tweeks garage mat as well as a selection of Michelin merchandise."
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:42 pm Oh yeah, trackday buds again. Deffo have to sort that out. My Fazer is in for service tomorrow so I'll probably bomb over to DT while it's away, to check it out and sort out dates etc. I want to see this for myself before I'll let the idea sink in fully. Very tempted to buy a bloody van now..

"A fully track ready 2003 Honda CBR600RR which has been fitted with Michelin Power RS tyres (plus two additional pairs are also included), King Carbon fairing, seat & tank cover, a full set of R&G crash protection, front & rear Goodridge brake lines, EBC front brake discs, SBS front & rear brake pads, K&N air filter, Valtermoto rearsets, Racetec front springs, Nitron sport shock, Biketek levers, PZ Racing gear indicator, RK chain & sprocket kit, Scorpion exhaust plus many other smaller modifications. In addition to the bike, the prize also includes a selection of accessories for the track including front & rear paddock stands, tyre warmers, a Demon Tweeks paddock chair, Demon Tweeks garage mat as well as a selection of Michelin merchandise."
I hate you!

😂

Pics and stuff when you get it!
Oui, je suis un motard.