The Motorbikerist Thread

Broccers

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by Broccers »

Nothing wrong with that Tim.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Saw similar at J&S near me, carpark was pretty busy, I grabbed a take out brew had a solo look around the machinery then went off on my own to explore the lanes. I'm all for trying to maintain some normality where sensible, but some ppl are just laughing at the situation.

I've had two days out and about, on my own, minimal interaction at refuels etc. It can be done without much effort.

That said, I'm a little annoyed at the braying crowds demanding the Gov locks us all in our homes. Just think about what you're demanding here..
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The same round Kidderminster, loads of people hanging around a cafe and a lot of biker traffic in general.

Dave!
evostick

Post by evostick »

Barry wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:01 pm
That said, I'm a little annoyed at the braying crowds demanding the Gov locks us all in our homes. Just think about what you're demanding here..
So many morons spouting so much shit in all directions. It's unreal right now.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Stayathomegp was fun.

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

A nice little tale from Jim Whitham about what a lot of people used to do back in the day. I've done it in a car on many occasions out in the countryside. It was just how it was when we were young drivers or riders. Sounds utterly irresponsible viewed by today's standards 🤣

Barry

Post by Barry »

He's been doing daily tales during the lockdown, some corkers in there too. Only ever did little run n hide back in the day, on the 125s. You had to hide quick on those, they couldn't outrun the weather let alone a cop car.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Barry wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:30 pm He's been doing daily tales during the lockdown, some corkers in there too. Only ever did little run n hide back in the day, on the 125s. You had to hide quick on those, they couldn't outrun the weather let alone a cop car.
Haha the old hiding up a drive when the coppers are doing u turn. 😀
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I remember being out on a ride with my mates on the 125s and one mate on his RGV250. We all lived on the same road so we pulled up outside my house, except 250-boy who was late for Sunday lunch so he bombed up the road, threw his bike in the garage and straight into his house. As the rest of us took our kids off, a copper turned up on his BMW bike and gave us all a bollocking for our antics. No tickets though :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Couldn't possibly say :lol:

We used to get away with murder back in the day didn't we, no wonder cameras were invented.

We had a mate who was given his mothers house to "sit" for a year while she worked abroad. It was about six miles away, down back lanes. We used to call him up, then jump on the bikes and see how fast we could get there. The unofficial record was under ten minutes IIRC, which is going some on tiny B lanes, on derestricted 125s, in jeans and trainers. Good mate of mine broke his collar bone on a return leg one day, someone didn't hear him coming and pulled out of a side lane, he narrowly missed it but ploughed into a tall hedge behind instead. Shoulder barged his way through it, but it slowed him down enough. We used to run that lane flat on the tank, I was up there late last year and it feels narrower than a footpath now :shock:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I remember being 4 abreast going round a corner near me, all trying to hit each other’s kill switches at about 60mph. Doesn’t bear thinking about, really.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yeah, the kill switch thing was funny. We used to switch lights off and buzz each other, in the dark lanes too.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Speaking of bikes - I charged mine up, fired into life first time since it was put away last year. Let it tick over for 3 mins. Turned off, put the seat back on, covered it up and dreamed of riding it. I have a msv trackday voucher which I was hoping to use this month. Zero chance of that. Yet to take it on track since making sure it would stop.

On that subject you lads been watching BB benidorm? Saw the latest one last night - amazing how well they did racing.
Barry

Post by Barry »

BBB was decent yeah, made me miss the K8 to be honest, it sounded so good in the vids. Pity the brake issue kept coming through, that Suzuki would have been a beast had Fagan been able to push it hard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m a few weeks behind. I up to where they finally got the Suzuki running properly after replacing everything.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

For all their messing about they can ride really well, like they say in the video they are hardly on comparable bikes, nicely done.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

This looks like a bike version of these non-linear throttle maps which apply 90% throttle at 50% of travel - thus your car is faster. :roll:

I would have thought you’d want as much fine throttle control on a bike as you could get :?:

What am I missing? :?

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

For racing. Opens the throttle quicker with less movement. You’re not pottering around a wet roundabout covered in diesel so it’s fine.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

Cheers. Hadn’t looked further at his profile, so hadn’t realised it was for RACE BIKE.

As you were.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

<blows whistle>
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I just got a thumbs up from a biker - we turned into a little NSL road just round the corner and we both over took a dawdler and gave it some (lots) of beans. He kept up but I definitely wasn’t holding him up on the bumpy twisties.

We got to the next straight and he came past with a big thumbs up. That was fun!