NotoriousREV

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mine was in bits dripping oil onto the garage floor :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

CBR600RR collected today, some media pics done at Demon Tweeks HQ with Michelin reps too. Promises of Michelin trackdays and possibly a spot on Ron Haslam day from DT too. I've booked Oulton March 13th (Fri) as a shakedown day, tagged Rev and a few others in to that, it could be a fun day all told. My mate has committed to come up on his old 'blade and join in too.

Bike looks reasonably solid, obvious signs of age and a few minor things I want to fix (kink in throttle return cable, cheap fasteners) but over all it seems good. Loads of swag with this prize too, quite impressed tbh. Took me all afternoon to clear the garage and make room for it, still not ideal but it'll do for now. Just need Rev to get his beast put back together now :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m working on it.

I pick my new titanium exhaust up on Sunday, I’ll throw it back together next week so I can fire it up again and find this stupid oil leak. I cleaned the engine up completely in order to see where the oil comes from but it apparently only leaks when running as it’s all still bone dry after a few days.

Then, once I’ve done that, I can replace the reg/rec and stick it all back together.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Barry wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm CBR600RR collected today, some media pics done at Demon Tweeks HQ with Michelin reps too. Promises of Michelin trackdays and possibly a spot on Ron Haslam day from DT too. I've booked Oulton March 13th (Fri) as a shakedown day, tagged Rev and a few others in to that, it could be a fun day all told. My mate has committed to come up on his old 'blade and join in too.

Bike looks reasonably solid, obvious signs of age and a few minor things I want to fix (kink in throttle return cable, cheap fasteners) but over all it seems good. Loads of swag with this prize too, quite impressed tbh. Took me all afternoon to clear the garage and make room for it, still not ideal but it'll do for now. Just need Rev to get his beast put back together now :D
😎

BTW, you're not allowed to enter the MCN comp to win a T700 :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Marv wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 pm
😎

BTW, you're not allowed to enter the MCN comp to win a T700 :lol:
Er, already entered that, before I knew about this one. Now that would be funny.. 😎
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m signed on for the track day on the 13th. Two months to slim back into my leathers and sort the Gixxer.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm CBR600RR collected today, some media pics done at Demon Tweeks HQ with Michelin reps too. Promises of Michelin trackdays and possibly a spot on Ron Haslam day from DT too. I've booked Oulton March 13th (Fri) as a shakedown day, tagged Rev and a few others in to that, it could be a fun day all told. My mate has committed to come up on his old 'blade and join in too.

Niiiiiiiccceeee.

I’ll be there 6th March. I’ll set you chaps a target time :lol: 🐢...... 🏍..... 🚗
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Biker isnt much good at setting off
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Biker isnt much good at setting off
mik: I don’t get it.
mik

Post by mik »

:lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

GSXR has a loong first gear to make it less likely to flip (100mph region) so yeah, a test that massively favours the 4wd huge torque car, quelle surprise. And when the bike hurtles past you can hear he's still short shifting even then :lol:
evostick

Post by evostick »

mik

Post by mik »

Yep. Car driver is Chairman of the SIDC apparently.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

This seemed inevitable:

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Pre pack?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Been expecting this, they've been so busy sticking their marketing nose in everywhere but forgot to actually make/sell bikes.. my mate recently got his Commando but had to threaten them with all sorts to get it.

A shame, I thought they were making it work for a while there.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:28 pm This seemed inevitable:

Shame. Their TT race bike looks and sounds great.
tim

Post by tim »

Fleet update.

BMW R1250RT LE

More than 50 better than the 1200RT for sure. Superb engine, electrickery improved (active suspension now fully automatic load sensing) and it'll wheelie in dynamic mode. What more could you want from a 279 kg tourer? :)

BMW S1000R Sport

I imagine it's still bonkers, but I've not ridden it since October, because weather. Had enough of this shit winter now, hurry up and fuck off.

Ducati 748 biposto

Sigh.

Sold it yesterday for approx 33% more than I paid for it 4 years ago. I rode it 57 miles in all of 2019, and as much as I like just owning it, I doubt I'd have ridden it much more this year. Head decision. Put it on twitter, got a shit ton of engagement, sold it to a bloke who just wants to own it and doesn't care much about riding it or not. Deposit paid, should be collecting in the next week or so.

Sigh.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

tim wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:19 pm sold it to a bloke who just wants to own it and doesn't care much about riding it or not
That’s the thing with Ducati’s - some people want to own it as a thing, rather than to ride.

A mate had a 1098 that had mahoooosive electrical issues on the way to the MotoGP in Germany. He had to get it shipped back and it became a year long labour of love to get it back on the road. (He bought a SuperDuke in the mean time)

It was eventually bought by a businessman who had it mounted in the wall in the reception of his Office.

Waste of a perfectly good machine but the guy who bought it has a big bike collection including a few other Ducati’s so he didn’t mind.

He was after it as a piece of Artwork
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…