The Motorbikerist Thread

tim

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by tim »

I want this

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I honestly think I’d rather have a V4 Panigale.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm Anyone else going to their local Triumph Street Triple RS launch night?
Haven't been invited to one so I guess not. Funny how they've effectively given the RS the midrange mine has, the main issue I found lacking with the current model, and why I bought the R :roll:

Off to NEC tomorrow (Sat) but if the weather holds (and this annoying headcold f***ks off) I might try and test ride the Tenere700 on Sunday, just for giggles.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’d like to test one vs the Duke 890. I suspect the KTM would end up being the better daily.

I’m off the the NEC in Tuesday. Dragging the eldest out of school to come with me whilst it’s only £1 for his ticket :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

The KTM will be a more accomplished machine for sure, but for £2k+ more it should. I just can't get past the looks of it, where I find the Tenere quite appealing. Still annoyed that they're already at £9k though.

Motorcycle Live today:

Tenere700 - still like these, I want a white/red one.
Tracer700 update, only bodywork but it looks decent.
Tracer900 update - you can get the sidepanels in a toffee colour on the GT, or matt grey on the base model. No effort.

Kawasaki stand. Fugly bikes apart from the Z900RS.
Honda stand - CRF1000 looks gorgeous in Sport trim. Price is laughable in Sport trim.
Suzuki stand - walked past, its the same crap from five years ago. Have they run out of money?

We ended up looking at the older machines in display, why can't they make bikes like that any more :lol:

And in a twist from normal service I spotted a "bargain" on the Infinity stand, Richa Goretex laminate jacket for £160 below RRP. All seemed legit too, so I bought it. Still need to buy a new lid however, so I'm faced with spending nearly a grand in two days :shock:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Barry wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm The KTM will be a more accomplished machine for sure, but for £2k+ more it should.
Yeah, big jump in price over the 790, but only £90 more than the Street Triple RS (same weight/power) and has proper suspension, brakes and tyres now.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Looks good that jacket Bazza

We are going tomorrow.

My bikes done 5000 miles now and has never had a chain and sprocket set - do I need one - it seems a bit rusty and old but no slack?

Local shop priced it up today and want 177 plus 60 to fit. Seems steep to me for the kit. MIght try and buy one - whats best do you think boyos quote is a gold did set on ebay is 125.00
Barry

Post by Barry »

The K8 only has 5k miles? Crikey. Chain kit wise, I've used JT sprockets/DID chains on the Fazer and they seem solid enough. Unless there is tight spots, and if you've not needed to adjust it regularly, I can't see why it would need replacing though? Clean and relube, I bet its fine.

Jacket seems decent yeah, winter and summer gloves fit over/under the cuffs, feels well made/tough but light at the same time (my Halvarssons weighs a ton comparitively).
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yes must use it more.

I enjoyed the show a lot. Got there at 9 and it wasn't busy at all. Spent 5 mins talking to a Suzuki stand guy at the side of the new Gsxr mainly about traction aids. After a while he said he'd helped develop it... I peered down at his name badge and I'd been chatting to John Reynolds -what a legend he is 😎😎😎😎😎.

Bought some handroid mkiv pods as wanted some for many years. They are beautiful gloves.

Saw the live show which was superb.

Left just after 12 and it was getting too busy.

Some pics
https://instagram.com/stories/siberty_/ ... nrt3zf2orx
Barry

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:48 pm
Bought some handroid mkiv pods as wanted some for many years. They are beautiful gloves.
Tried the Handroids myself, the thumb was a bit too tight but they felt quality. Determined to do some more track stuff so I need better gloves.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I plan to do as many of the Three Sisters days as possible in 2020 (at £12 per 10 minute session) plus at least 2 Oulton Park bike days, all on the Gixxer.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I have not followed MotoGP for a few years, so where does Marquez rank amongst the greats then?

When I had the discussion with Barry and friends, RE Rossi vs Marquez, they said the rules / bikes are very different, ABS, TC(?) etc..... maybe not as much as Senna’s era vs Hamilton’s, but a bit more like Schumacher‘s vs Hamilton’s?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I haven’t watched MotoGP since it was called 500GP and the bikes were 4 cylinder l, 500cc, 2 stroke unridable monsters.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 pm I haven’t watched MotoGP since it was called 500GP and the bikes were 4 cylinder l, 500cc, 2 stroke unridable monsters.
I started following from towards the end of Mick Doohan era.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

They are giving away pre reg 69 gsxr 1000 rs at the moment. Was tempted but I would get in bother with my other half :lol:
https://www.robinsonsrochdale.co.uk/new ... r-2019-451
evostick

Post by evostick »

Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:27 pm They are giving away pre reg 69 gsxr 1000 rs at the moment. Was tempted but I would get in bother with my other half :lol:
https://www.robinsonsrochdale.co.uk/new ... r-2019-451
13k :lol: fuck that

This has got to be worth a grand though https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-cbr-60 ... SwoQddxAl9
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Does the old fella plan to throw in his matching shoes?

13k for modern superbike is cheap in context but yes far too much still.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Good set of riding brogues, them.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

That ad has prompted a thought - So what do you do in terms of test-ride when buying/selling bikes privately? :?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve only ever bought new bikes or used ones from mates and either sold them to mates or traded them in. But a lot folk don’t allow test rides unless the money has been paid in full.
Middle-aged Dirtbag