The Motorbikerist Thread

JLv3.0

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by JLv3.0 »

Lightweight ones here, got a few of them - neck protection from the sun and sand, can breathe through them if needs be if it's really sandy out, and (if no-one is around to see me looking like an utter cock) they make THE best hats in a gay, bandana type of a way. Great devices.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

MrsREV has banned me from wearing it as a bandana :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Oh trust me - not one person around me (apart from me) approves of said usage. But it's better than any hat.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m bald with ginger tendencies. Anything that protects my head from anything stronger than a 60w bulb is a good hat.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Agreed - and now add 50C into the equation :D
mik

Post by mik »

Why don’t any of you have plants inside your helmets?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 amI'm amazed no one has invented cooled suits for use out there. It's not like there's a shortage of money.
I've seen various devices that purport to do this - cooling vests, skull caps, etc.

All of them are equally useless, frankly - at the end of the day, cooling is difficult and requires a lot of energy and equipment.
..................except...............I think I've found one that actually does something. It's a Macna Dry Evo Cool Vest and is really rather clever.

A lad I was out riding with the other day had one and my interest was piqued, resulting in making of purchasings today. You fill it with a pint of room-temp water and squidge it around inside until it's all spread out, then evaporation and cleverness does the rest.

Thin and light so it goes under any jacket, although needs mesh obviously for the airflow. But then who wears anything else when it's hot :lol:

Expensive but anything is worth a go here while the world's on fire until the end of September.

Of course it goes without saying that it makes you look a TAUC.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Even F1 with all their money haven’t found anything decent it seems, I was watching the Mclaren behind the scenes program and they just have these ice packs they place into the drivers’ vests before the race.
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I guess there's not massive airflow in the cockpits as they're so entombed nowadays. Without airflow they don't work at all. Like a misting fan that's switched off :lol:

Just been out to give the car a wash in 40C and it's definitely cooler than not wearing it, and plenty comfortable enough. So that'll do for me.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Lean angle getting more pronounced ?? :) Looks like it especially in the middle left pic...

How fast are you going in that one ??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:39 pm Lean angle getting more pronounced ?? :) Looks like it especially in the middle left pic...

How fast are you going in that one ??
Not a clue, definitely not looking at the speedo at that point. That corner is a loooooong triple apex 270 degree monster. You're winding the power on from before the first apex to get the drive for the back straight. It's Lunar Bend on the map. On my bike, which has pretty tall gearing, I'm in 2nd for the entire lap, just buzzing the limiter at the end of Conrod Straight.

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Blimey, Valentino Rossi has the same bike as you!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Is it called conrod straight to remind you what you'll lose if you don't keep an eye on the oil pressure after that long corner :lol:.
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

I think that was the last properly warm day we've had Rev 😂 Toying with trying to get a late summer track day in but I just don't trust this weather.

Edit: where's best to upload pictures to these days, Imgur being a PITA.. I want to add that Ducati pic I took, think some will appreciate it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good pics!

Bought a pair of mirrors for mine (as they wobble after a few years) and have done nothing with them. In fact not touched the bike in weeks. Shame as Summer really has come and gone quickly.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Barry wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:13 pm I think that was the last properly warm day we've had Rev 😂 Toying with trying to get a late summer track day in but I just don't trust this weather.

Edit: where's best to upload pictures to these days, Imgur being a PITA.. I want to add that Ducati pic I took, think some will appreciate it.
I’m going to go back to Three Sisters tomorrow. £12 per 10 minute session from 3pm. Looks like it’ll be dry.

I’m using Instagram to host stuff for here because it embeds easily. Uploading pics off my phone is a faff as the images are too big and resizing images on an iPhone means emailing it to yourself before the upload.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just looking at the Photographer’s Instagram, she appears to do Weddings and Trackdays... 8-)

Good combo... :)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Barry

Post by Barry »

I can't get to Wigan till about 1700hrs and cba wearing my track stuff to ride to work. I might schlep up to watch.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Barry wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:35 pm I can't get to Wigan till about 1700hrs and cba wearing my track stuff to ride to work. I might schlep up to watch.
You and I have unsettled business 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag