....and we're back as OV9

Simon667

Re: ....and we're back as OV9

Post by Simon667 »

God its weird to be here... its like a forum from 2009!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:27 am I posted this on the FB thread, but it bears repeating here: on the subject of the OV9 logo, it probably ought to be freshly drawn rather than blatantly nicked and reversed. We don't want issues with the new forum for a minor bit of copyright infringement.
I thought Lawyers and Legal people were blind to flipped images and video? Like a T-Rex if you stand still?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 am Blimey, I thought our name would be unique!

What are they? Gimp masks?
Oui, je suis un motard.
Marv

Post by Marv »

(They're obviously face mask packs for Onsen)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Marv wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 am Blimey, I thought our name would be unique!

What are they? Gimp masks?
jobbos preferred brand of gimp mask.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I prefer mine without eye holes so I can be blind to flipped images.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Matty wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:27 am I posted this on the FB thread, but it bears repeating here: on the subject of the OV9 logo, it probably ought to be freshly drawn rather than blatantly nicked and reversed. We don't want issues with the new forum for a minor bit of copyright infringement.
I thought Lawyers and Legal people were blind to flipped images and video? Like a T-Rex if you stand still?
MATTY, DON'T MOOOVE

It's vision is based on chargeable hours.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ooh, PNG header, and what font is that?

Matty, later tonight:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am I prefer mine without eye holes so I can be blind to flipped images.
So are we going to have confused Japanese Onsen enthusiasts visit here asking about face masks?
Oui, je suis un motard.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am
+1, that’s the last thing Matt would need after doing such a sterling effort on everything else.
I'm not saying we shouldn't modify the logo a bit, but you're crediting Dennis/Evo with more gumption that they've shown to date if you think it's likely they could even get their act together sufficiently to instruct someone to draw up a cease and desist letter...
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Dennis is well-resourced, and despite the numerous lawyers on here we really aren't.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm not saying they don't have the resource, just the inclination to bother. Particularly as what's the loss? This place doesn't have a negatively correlative effect on their revenues so any legal action would be commercially pointless in all likelihood. Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't avoid whatever minimal risk there is - I'm a risk averse lawyer too at the end of the day, I was just making a comment on the probability.

ETA: and actually if we were going down the route of differentiating a bit further we really should have had the foresight to go with OV3 instead. Matty do you fancy staying up all night to change it again :lol: ;)
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Shockers’ social media sniping will be giving them all the reason they need.

He’s the Noel Edmonds to Dennis’ LBG.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Surely the whole point is that we are utterly meaningless to them. Ergo they don’t give a toss.
Jay-me

Post by Jay-me »

Normal ramblings to continue 😀👍
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am
+1, that’s the last thing Matt would need after doing such a sterling effort on everything else.
Goddamn right
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Easy enough to change the logo...but credit to Seb who sent me the cleaner one so if he (or anyone else) fancies creating something fresh.

I've had a few "cease and desists" in my time on the Lupo forum so I've already been there and done that ;)
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Great job Matty.
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

Matty wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:54 pm Easy enough to change the logo...but credit to Seb who sent me the cleaner one so if he (or anyone else) fancies creating something fresh.

I've had a few "cease and desists" in my time on the Lupo forum so I've already been there and done that ;)
I think we should go with something more diagrammatic - was thinking schematics of a wankel rotary for the O, a morgan three wheeler v-twin for the vee and perhaps a turbo for the 9.

ETA: I've knocked something up - will post shortly.
Last edited by GG. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

Well that confused my phone, but - back again now. :)