Decent Recent TV

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Just downloaded Chernobyl again - it really is bloody terrifying and brilliant in equal measure

Just finished Episode 4 - JL, for the love of God, don’t watch that one... :(
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

RobYob
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by RobYob » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm

dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm
Just downloaded Chernobyl again - it really is bloody terrifying and brilliant in equal measure

Just finished Episode 4 - JL, for the love of God, don’t watch that one... :(
Brilliant TV, The "human robots" sequence is... tense. The only nitpick is I kinda wish they hadn't made some of the story>reality decisions (the heli crash, the miscarriage and the bridge of death) as I don't think many of them were really that important storywise and they just distract discussions.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Yeah - unnecessary poetic licence.

But not enough to distract - thus was my second viewing and will be watching again.
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
McSwede
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by McSwede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 pm

RobYob wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm
dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm
Just downloaded Chernobyl again - it really is bloody terrifying and brilliant in equal measure

Just finished Episode 4 - JL, for the love of God, don’t watch that one... :(
Brilliant TV, The "human robots" sequence is... tense. The only nitpick is I kinda wish they hadn't made some of the story>reality decisions (the heli crash, the miscarriage and the bridge of death) as I don't think many of them were really that important storywise and they just distract discussions.
I watched it again after listening to the podcasts. It is incredible TV and I will watch many times more. Jared Harris and Stellan Skarsgard are fabulous.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Can you linky the podcast as I’m a lazy bastard... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
McSwede
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by McSwede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:26 pm

dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm
Can you linky the podcast as I’m a lazy bastard... :lol:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2T6ldM ... ilP7obF6fw

It's great btw. One for each episode

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1706
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Simon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 pm

McSwede wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 pm
RobYob wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm
dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm
Just downloaded Chernobyl again - it really is bloody terrifying and brilliant in equal measure

Just finished Episode 4 - JL, for the love of God, don’t watch that one... :(
Brilliant TV, The "human robots" sequence is... tense. The only nitpick is I kinda wish they hadn't made some of the story>reality decisions (the heli crash, the miscarriage and the bridge of death) as I don't think many of them were really that important storywise and they just distract discussions.
I watched it again after listening to the podcasts. It is incredible TV and I will watch many times more. Jared Harris and Stellan Skarsgard are fabulous.
Has he ever taken a bad role? I can't think of one.
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
240PP
Posts: 507
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 am
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by 240PP » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm

First saw him in Ronin. Not seen a bad performance from him.

User avatar
McSwede
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by McSwede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:49 pm

240PP wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm
First saw him in Ronin. Not seen a bad performance from him.
Mama Mia! Here we go again.

Not seen it and never will but can't imagine that being any good. Hopefully JL will come along in a minute and tell me how wrong I am :lol:

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:08 pm

McSwede wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:26 pm
dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm
Can you linky the podcast as I’m a lazy bastard... :lol:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2T6ldM ... ilP7obF6fw

It's great btw. One for each episode
Star !! Cheers
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Zonda_ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 pm

McSwede wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:49 pm
240PP wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm
First saw him in Ronin. Not seen a bad performance from him.
Mama Mia! Here we go again.

Not seen it and never will but can't imagine that being any good. Hopefully JL will come along in a minute and tell me how wrong I am :lol:
Yes, you're wrong.

User avatar
McSwede
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by McSwede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Zonda_ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 pm
McSwede wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:49 pm
240PP wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm
First saw him in Ronin. Not seen a bad performance from him.
Mama Mia! Here we go again.

Not seen it and never will but can't imagine that being any good. Hopefully JL will come along in a minute and tell me how wrong I am :lol:
Yes, you're wrong.
😂😂 Bloody hell. I'm still not watching it!

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Me either... it’s on the list
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

RobYob
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by RobYob » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:11 pm

McSwede wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:26 pm
dinny_g wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm
Can you linky the podcast as I’m a lazy bastard... :lol:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2T6ldM ... ilP7obF6fw

It's great btw. One for each episode
Was reminded of this.
XKCD Radiation reference chart

User avatar
Ascender
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Ascender » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 pm

The podcasts are brilliant - as well as giving great background to the events themselves (as well as explaining that some of those things you thought were invented, were actually facts, often downplayed), they give a lot of info about why they made the decisions they did about plots, sub-plots, characters etc.

We've fallen down the black hole that is a binge rewatching of The Shield. Utterly tremendous and what a finale.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Beany » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Oh I watched the first series of One Punch Man the other night and rather enjoyed it.

It's about a super hero who can destroy anyone with one punch. And he's so bored of it that he just does it as a hobby.

It's quite strange but really rather endearing (as well as being technically well done)

Worth a watch if you can find it on the usual streaming outlets.

Seven disappointing opponents out of ten.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by ZedLeg » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:44 pm

One Punch man is amazing, S2 is out now as well. ONE's other series is good as well, it's called Mob Psycho 100.

If you watch a lot of Anime it's worth getting the Crunchyroll streaming ap, it's not super expensive and saves faffing around trying to find subs and stuff.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Beany » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:13 pm

I don't think I watch enough to justify it TBH. I'm generally OK, waiting for dubs or sub'd versions of things to come out.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am

Beany wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39 pm
The Boys

I enjoyed this. Violent, pretty well paced, Karl Urban is tons of fun (as are all the cast) and it's generally a good, dark laugh in the same vein as Preacher (same showrunners effectively).

Worth a poke.

7 interestingly placed pieces of C4 out of 10.
Yep agreed. 2 episodes in and really enjoying it. Complete antidote to the Marvel/DC domination. It’s proper fucking dark too.

I’ve a little worry that Hughie has undiscovered superpowers and his character will move from angry civilian to Super Nemesis - this would be a shame as Humans taking down Supers is far more interesting.

I genuinely spat my beer when Deep got his cock out for Starlight... :lol: Funniest thing I’ve seen on Telly in ages
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

RobYob
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by RobYob » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32 pm

dinny_g wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am
Beany wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39 pm
The Boys

I enjoyed this. Violent, pretty well paced, Karl Urban is tons of fun (as are all the cast) and it's generally a good, dark laugh in the same vein as Preacher (same showrunners effectively).

Worth a poke.

7 interestingly placed pieces of C4 out of 10.
Yep agreed. 2 episodes in and really enjoying it. Complete antidote to the Marvel/DC domination. It’s proper fucking dark too.

I’ve a little worry that Hughie has undiscovered superpowers and his character will move from angry civilian to Super Nemesis - this would be a shame as Humans taking down Supers is far more interesting.

I genuinely spat my beer when Deep got his cock out for Starlight... :lol: Funniest thing I’ve seen on Telly in ages
Just finished it, I imagine should any god fearing American watch it they would be boycotting Prime forevermore! Bloody fantastic.

The Deep gillsex thing..... that was... weird.

Post Reply