Decent Recent TV

dinny_g

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g »

You’re not going to like episode 4 so :o
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:27 am Chernobyl isn’t very cheery, is it? Excellent TV.
Chernobyl was brilliant bit of TV drama. Superb stuff!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Anyone watched the new Black Mirror? One episode was quite good, but it's not been a patch on the first couple of seasons, since that car crash of a show last time round (the interactive one) it's just not hit the heights.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

tim wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:39 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:09 am
tim wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am S3 of the epic cheesefest that is Designated Survivor has started again. :)
I've only recently got into this - 11 episodes of Season 1 in. It's very addictive, but bloody hell do they ever throw the kitchen sink at it in terms of story arcs and cliffhangers!! Poor fuckers doing the music score must be knackered 'dramatic again eh? On it'
Wait until you get to the finale of Season 2. It is *EPIC* in every possible terrible way imaginable. You'll see why quick enough I bet.
Oh yes that was indeed a little bit special and not special in a good way but in a bus way :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:27 am Chernobyl isn’t very cheery, is it? Excellent TV.
Watched it twice, brilliant.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:08 am
Watched it twice, brilliant.
Bloody good idea - I'm going to do that.

I might try to root out that accompanying Podcast that was mentioned here
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 pm Anyone watched the new Black Mirror? One episode was quite good, but it's not been a patch on the first couple of seasons, since that car crash of a show last time round (the interactive one) it's just not hit the heights.
I quite enjoyed all of them, but unfortunately they set the bar in my head (possibly unfairly) at Metalhead. And these last ones didn’t come close to that unfortunately.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 am
duncs500 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 pm Anyone watched the new Black Mirror? One episode was quite good, but it's not been a patch on the first couple of seasons, since that car crash of a show last time round (the interactive one) it's just not hit the heights.
I quite enjoyed all of them, but unfortunately they set the bar in my head (possibly unfairly) at Metalhead. And these last ones didn’t come close to that unfortunately.
Actually, to be fair I still enjoyed them all, but as you say, the bar was set very high. Last episode was the weakest.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm
240PP wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:22 pm Decided to give Sunny in Philadelphia a go. Three episodes in and all good. I quite like the fact they’re just over twenty minutes an episode. Means you can slot in a quick episode here and there or watch an hours worth if you like.
make sure you post your opinion on series 3 onwards!
Yeah, it's gone a bit OTT. Still funny but almost trying too hard when it doesn't need to.

I'm going to stick with it though.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Thanks for the recommendation of Parks & Recreation. Turns out I'd only seen the first 6 episodes and I'm now addicted.

Ron Swanson is now my new hero.
Cheers,

Mike.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Both he and the whole show get better as the seasons roll on. Lovely TV. I was quite sad when it ended!!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Has anyone found a way to stream Car Issues with Tyler Hoover in the UK?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Stranger Things S3 is now available on Netflix. Trailer looks stunning.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Killing Eve series 1

I am probably in the minority with this one but I have just binge watched this and have to say it was disappointing. It was neither tense or dramatic or gripping. It all felt a little silly and amateurish. Sandra Oh was the only highlight with the rest of the cast being decidedly average.

I shall not be bothering with series 2 which is a shame as I had high hopes going into this one.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:07 pm Stranger Things S3 is now available on Netflix. Trailer looks stunning.
It was quite fun. A touch more levity and moved at a faster pace than the last couple of seasons.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

McSwede wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 pm Killing Eve series 1

I am probably in the minority with this one but I have just binge watched this and have to say it was disappointing. It was neither tense or dramatic or gripping. It all felt a little silly and amateurish. Sandra Oh was the only highlight with the rest of the cast being decidedly average.

I shall not be bothering with series 2 which is a shame as I had high hopes going into this one.
I don't think I've ever seen an opinion more incorrect than this :lol:.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion more incorrect than this :lol:.
Even by Yu's standards this is wildly off mark. :lol:

Currently enjoying S2 just as much - Comer and Oh as brilliant as the first time out.

Been away for a couple of weeks so only just caught up with the end of The Looming Tower. This has been the standout show of the year so far for me (I haven't seen Chernobyl as I don't have council telly), yet it seems to have flown well below the radar of many critics.

The last episode in particular was brilliantly done, weaving from filmed scenes to the actual events, and it's really quite easy to forget just how time-stopping an event 9/11 was. The show highlights just how staggeringly awful it was that it could have been avoided if egos and politics hadn't got in the way of just listening to what the experts were saying at the time.

Year of the Rabbit continues to entertain as well. Some prime Matt Berry lines in it :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

We gave up with it too.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

For any other fans of This Country, you will be very sad to hear that the actor who played Slugs died last night. Aged just 33.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Billions

Just watched the last two episodes of current series - actually good if you like Billions :)