Richard

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Richard »

Westworld S02E02 was brilliant
Beany

Post by Beany »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:38 pm Westworld S02E02 was brilliant
Yup, really enjoyed that. Theirs less teasing this season now that everthings established, and they're straight into the rollocking adventure time!

Ash Vs Evil Dead is over and I'm infinitely glad they made it, and a bit sad that it's gone, but it went out with a pretty good bang.

Totally worth it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

David_Yu wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:03 pm Watched the final Meghan Markle episode of Suits. Her exit seemed very contrived and not built up to, almost as if a few episodes from the end, somebody pointed out she would need to be written out. :D
Yes it was indeed a very clunky, crowbar'ed-in storyline, wasn't it. But hey - Suits is just snack TV these days, and has been ever since the will-Mike-get-caught arc was solved. I was actually pleased to see they've renewed it for Season 8 because the thought of them doing a rushed "OK we've run out of time, let's have everyone end up with everyone and it's all good now" would have been a bit hard to swallow.

But I still enjoy it - they're all nice and pretty, they get a bit shouty then make up each episode, and it doesn't make my head hurt too much.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I wish they would spread the good tv out through the year a bit more :).

Currently watching Westworld, Legion and Handsmaid's Tale, all have been brilliant. Started catching up with Jessica Jones on Netflix as well.

Walking Dead finale was ok. The sabotaged bullets thing was half assed and predictable but i'm glad they finished the Rick and Negan fight in the same way as the comics. Biggest shame is that the upcoming storyline is where Carl really started to grow as a character but they've closed that door. Still undecided about whether we're going to keep watching.
An absolute unit
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

Westworld S2 Ep2 was indeed fantastic.
Delores has gone full megalomaniac! Although I thought it was Maeve who had all the Jedi mind trick superpowers?

Great that they are continuing the flashbacks, even though we now know they are flashbacks.

When are they going to bring back the now-armless Armistice psycho blonde outlaw? She was the best side character in the S1 finale, especially in the only after-credits sequence of the entire series so far.
Beany

Post by Beany »

David_Yu wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 pm Westworld S2 Ep2 was indeed fantastic.
Delores has gone full megalomaniac! Although I thought it was Maeve who had all the Jedi mind trick superpowers?

Dolores doesn't have Jedi mind tricks, but if someone resurrected you from the dead like it was no big thing, you'd probably start taking her more seriously too...
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I've just started the final episode of Altered Carbon. I loved the book and the series hasn't disappointed. There was also lots of gratuitous nudity which was most pleasant.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Watched the first two; enjoyed that. :twisted: 8-)

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

We've started watching Lost in Space, it's silly but I don't mind that, TBH I'll watch almost any space based scifi.

I hadn't spotted that the next series of the Expanse was out, one of my favorite shows of recent years so looking forward to tucking into that one.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Last series of Detectorists is being re-shown on BBC2, starting last night. Check it out if you haven't already seen it - it's simply one of the best written British shows ever. Last night's first episode perhaps one of my favourites.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Anyone still watching The Americans? Halfway through its final ever season at the moment and one of the most brilliant and under-rated (or under-seen perhaps) series of recent times.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Err, why is The Expanse S3 not on my Netflix? :shock:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 pm Err, why is The Expanse S3 not on my Netflix? :shock:
Apparently the streaming rights were bought by Amazon, but I have Prime and I haven't seen it in the schedule. Various sites list UK air dates as tbc.

So I guess it's either be patient, or free the signal ;)

Episode 4 was great. Disassemble.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Amazon? WTF? It was a Netflix original.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 pm Amazon? WTF? It was a Netflix original.
sauce
Can't say it makes sense to me.
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:20 pm
duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 pm Err, why is The Expanse S3 not on my Netflix? :shock:
Apparently the streaming rights were bought by Amazon, but I have Prime and I haven't seen it in the schedule. Various sites list UK air dates as tbc.

So I guess it's either be patient, or free the signal ;)

Episode 4 was great. Disassemble.
Aye, they seem to be ensuring a couple of good set pieces an episode - all killer, no filler. Hope it moves on to the Abbadons Gate stuff soon though.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:03 am
David_Yu wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:03 pm Watched the final Meghan Markle episode of Suits. Her exit seemed very contrived and not built up to, almost as if a few episodes from the end, somebody pointed out she would need to be written out. :D
Yes it was indeed a very clunky, crowbar'ed-in storyline, wasn't it. But hey - Suits is just snack TV these days, and has been ever since the will-Mike-get-caught arc was solved. I was actually pleased to see they've renewed it for Season 8 because the thought of them doing a rushed "OK we've run out of time, let's have everyone end up with everyone and it's all good now" would have been a bit hard to swallow.

But I still enjoy it - they're all nice and pretty, they get a bit shouty then make up each episode, and it doesn't make my head hurt too much.
Last episode was terrible :lol: two of the key characters (one of which was central to the whole show) leave, but lets spend 45 mins promoting the Jessica spin off and leave 5 mins to cram in a wedding.

At least Scottie (Abigail Spencer) made an appearance, she's awesome in every sense. Same for Katrina (Amanda Schull) who is being made a full-time cast member, which was long overdue.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am
Nathan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:09 pm I'm still a big fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Most of it is irrelevant because I'm nearly vegan but I give it serious airtime.
One of the few things I miss from having an actual TV service in the house, we used to have Food Network as our background noise channel. Very rarely think to stream any of it though.
Food Network - the only channel worth watching in Aus, fact.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:16 amStarted catching up with Jessica Jones on Netflix as well.
I was pretty disappointed, picked up fantastically while there was a reappearance from Season1 but that was it's only saving grace IMO.

Enjoying season 5 Agents of Shield.

Also have found Dead Set On Life with Matty Matheson, enjoying that too. He had a heart attack at 29, that's epic abuse :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division