Decent Recent TV

dinny_g

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:42 pm You can never tell with rich folk though. There's always stories like how Warren Buffett drives a 6 year old mid sized Cadillac.
Random useless fact - Warren Buffett owns Colonel Kilgore's Original Surfboard from Apocolypse Now
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:08 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm Started watching the new Line of Duty and noticed an annoying continuity mistake right at the start.

Convoy of cars led by a G31 5 series with a black grille and an E61.

Shot changes to the convoy pulling up and it’s two G31s with chrome grilles.

Stuff that car nerds spot :lol:
car continuity errors drive me nuts, and badly chosen cars for characters that the character would clearly never own.

Then there's when they can't afford to trash an expensive car, so they just use a 15 year old BMW/Merc because it looks posh. I was watching "Inheritance" (shit) the other day, it had a multimillionaire main character get in his e65 7 series, as soon as he got in it was clear it was going to be crashed.
I suspect most people wouldn't notice anything but the badge, so they've achieved the objective of making it look like s rich person for into a posh car, whether it is a barely running three generations old one or not.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

scotta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:50 pm Watched the couple of episodes that are up for this - scary stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... ised-crime
I watched one of those. That guy who'd had the shit kicked out of him and had his toes hammered 🤯😱Wow.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

McSwede wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 pm
scotta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:50 pm Watched the couple of episodes that are up for this - scary stuff

I watched one of those. That guy who'd had the shit kicked out of him and had his toes hammered 🤯😱Wow.
I’ve watched both, pretty full on! Thought I read somewhere there was going to be five episodes.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

240PP wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm
McSwede wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 pm

I’ve watched both, pretty full on! Thought I read somewhere there was going to be five episodes.
Yeah there are supposed to be 5 so not sure when the rest will follow.

Gang on gang trouble is always going to be extreme but yeah, pretty full on. Still dumb as fook though. The sentencing didn't seem to make much sense mind
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Frank of Ireland

Bonkers but hilarious all the same.

You’ll never look at General Hux the same way again... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Just finished Breaking Bad. A bit of a binge - started on 3rd Feb so that’s about 68 episodes in 73 days.

Probably need to watch El Camino now. And then Better Call Saul?
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm Just finished Breaking Bad. A bit of a binge - started on 3rd Feb so that’s about 68 episodes in 73 days.

don't bother with el Camino!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I didn’t hate El Camino, don’t remember much about it either though.

Better Call Saul is definitely worth watching though.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

JonMad wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm Just finished Breaking Bad. A bit of a binge - started on 3rd Feb so that’s about 68 episodes in 73 days.

Funnily enough the Mrs and I started on BCS yesterday, I couldn't convince her to perservere with BB after she watched a few with me. Hoping Bob Odenkirk's slightly easier going character keeps her watching.

It's funny how Bryan Cranston and Bob Odenkirk both had very funny short roles in How I met your mother and a scheduling clash resulted in Jonathan Bank's character being expanded.

Snackmasters quote enjoying this, seeing Michelin starred chefs try and replicate industrial scale fast food leads to some interesting experiments in technique.
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:59 am I didn’t hate El Camino, don’t remember much about it either though.

I recall El Camino tying up a few things nicely but not really being too important.

Better Call Saul I started watching, but straight after binging BB. Honestly by that point I was a bit tired of the tension and so left it. that was...a good few years ago now. I might come back to it sometime.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I've been rewatching 24 on Disney+ as the episodes are a nice length and easy enough to almost have on in the background while doing other things. Its blown my son's mind though that a series like that would be aired weekly over, 5/6 months. With only limited chat online, no spoilers etc.

Its also an annoyance to see many of the Cisco IP phones aren't even plugged-in during the first series. That sort of thing bugs me. See also monitors not connected to PCs.
Cheers,

Mike.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Beany wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:31 am
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:59 am I didn’t hate El Camino, don’t remember much about it either though.

I recall El Camino tying up a few things nicely but not really being too important.

Better Call Saul I started watching, but straight after binging BB. Honestly by that point I was a bit tired of the tension and so left it. that was...a good few years ago now. I might come back to it sometime.
Watched El Camino last night. That's a good summary. Like an extended couple of episodes at the end of the last BB series.

Might take a little break before binging Better Call Saul.
Left over crest; tightens.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mate of Easttown

Slow burner but the first thing I did was see if Episode 2 could be downloaded so I suppose that’s a good thing.

Winslet is very convincing as the American cop
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm Started watching the new Line of Duty and noticed an annoying continuity mistake right at the start.

Convoy of cars led by a G31 5 series with a black grille and an E61.

Shot changes to the convoy pulling up and it’s two G31s with chrome grilles.

Stuff that car nerds spot :lol:
Same mistake in the new episode, must have been filmed at the same time.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Not sure it's a mistake as such. I think its down to covid interrupting filming and they couldn't get all the same cars again for finishing some shots.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I figured all the shots of the cars driving were filmed at once as that tends to be how it works.

Hadn’t considered that they wouldn’t be able to get the same cars because of the COVID break though.

That makes sense.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Taskmaster - latest series. Last night's episode was superb. One of the funniest moments in all the series, and I was crying with laughter. Could barely breathe. :lol:

Mike Wozniak is a very, very funny man.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:53 pm Taskmaster...

He was in Man Down which was superb
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:42 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:53 pm Taskmaster...

He was in Man Down which was superb
I think he wrote it or was involved in the writing.

The task is now on YT