Decent Recent TV

speedingfine

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by speedingfine »

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

A bit behind the curve but I have started watching the Walking Dead with the kids.

Just started S3 and 9 nightmares out of 10 so far 😀
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Even further behind the curve, I started the Sopranos last night... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:42 am Even further behind the curve, I started the Sopranos last night... :lol:
I love the Sopranos. Me and Mrs McSwede have binge watched it many times. It's superb.

Gommorah on SKY is also well worth watching.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’m playing serious Catch-Up with Box Set TV. Gammorah is on the list but we’re already planned Killing Eve, then The Wire after Sopranos
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 am I’m playing serious Catch-Up with Box Set TV. Gammorah is on the list but we’re already planned Killing Eve, then The Wire after Sopranos
Killing Eve is a bit shit IMO. Nevermind same postcode as others mentioned, not even same galaxy 😁
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That's one my other half has been going on about - Female Protagonist I suppose...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Killing Eve is very good for the 1st series imo. Then reasonably good for S2, then ok for S3 and S4 is a bit meh.

1st series is definitely worth a watch.
mik

Post by mik »

McSwede wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:18 am
dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 am I’m playing serious Catch-Up with Box Set TV. Gammorah is on the list but we’re already planned Killing Eve, then The Wire after Sopranos
Killing Eve is a bit shit IMO. Nevermind same postcode as others mentioned, not even same galaxy 😁
Mr mik and I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of KE, but we collectively lost all interest - haven’t seen any of the new series.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

McSwede wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:00 am
dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:42 am Even further behind the curve, I started the Sopranos last night... :lol:
I love the Sopranos. Me and Mrs McSwede have binge watched it many times. It's superb.
Best show ever IMO. Just got the mrs to watch it this week and now she’s pretty hooked.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:32 am
McSwede wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:18 am
Mr mik and I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of KE, but we collectively lost all interest - haven’t seen any of the new series.
Jodie whatsherface's accent bugged me too then I realised I was because it's just like Constantine from Muppets Most Wanted 😂

mik

Post by mik »

Watched Derry Girls S3 E1 yesterday. First 2 seasons were great, but couldn’t get into this one at all.

Someone has clearly polled public opinion as they seemed to have decided that “if people like X, then they are going to love 10X”.

10 seconds of some irrelevant 90’s tune squeezed in every couple of minutes. You like it when Clare gets in a complete panic, and her face contorts as she runs out of breath trying to get her point out? OK - we’ll do that every 3 minutes.

Etc etc.

Meh 🙁
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Really enjoyed Derry Girls Ep1- yeah it’s daft but I don’t care, makes me laugh. That’s all the counts.

Anyhoo Tony Hawk - Until the wheels fall off

Like a lot of us, I had a Skateboard as a kid but was never really a boarder (I was more a BMX’er - Eddie Fiola was my hero) and I knew a bit more of the earlier, 70’s history of skateboarding. Lords of Dogtown etc but I really enjoyed this.

I didn’t know about his Dad’s role in organising competitions and the association etc. and it must be said, Rodney Mullen is a strange character 😂

Very interesting and well worth a watch, even if you never skated. Even the other half stayed up way past her bedtime to watch it.

9(00) after 12 years of trying out of 10
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:26 am Really enjoyed Derry Girls Ep1- yeah it’s daft but I don’t care, makes me laugh. That’s all the counts.

Anyhoo Tony Hawk - Until the wheels fall off

Like a lot of us, I had a Skateboard as a kid but was never really a boarder (I was more a BMX’er - Eddie Fiola was my hero) and I knew a bit more of the earlier, 70’s history of skateboarding. Lords of Dogtown etc but I really enjoyed this.

I didn’t know about his Dad’s role in organising competitions and the association etc. and it must be said, Rodney Mullen is a strange character 😂

Very interesting and well worth a watch, even if you never skated. Even the other half stayed up way past her bedtime to watch it.

9(00) after 12 years of trying out of 10
what channel is it on?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sky Documentaries Rich
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:04 am Sky Documentaries Rich
👍🏻
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:46 am Watched Derry Girls S3 E1 yesterday. First 2 seasons were great, but couldn’t get into this one at all.

Someone has clearly polled public opinion as they seemed to have decided that “if people like X, then they are going to love 10X”.

10 seconds of some irrelevant 90’s tune squeezed in every couple of minutes. You like it when Clare gets in a complete panic, and her face contorts as she runs out of breath trying to get her point out? OK - we’ll do that every 3 minutes.

Etc etc.

Meh 🙁
I think that's possibly a touch harsh but, having watched it last night I would say I think it's past its best. It seemed too contrived and the setup less natural than previous series. It thrived, like the Inbetweeners, on just hitting the right references of teenage years. But the 1st one at least has gone beyond that.

Tommy Tiernan was still funny as though.

We watched Hullraisers after and that seemed promising.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I've been rewatching The Walking Dead during covid times and it was pretty damn great at its peak. I'm up to Season 7 now where the world starts to open up a bit and you have Negan and the saviours. I seem to remember giving up on it in the next season or two when it went a bit shit, so lets see if its as bad as I remember!
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:10 pm
mik wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:46 am Watched Derry Girls S3 E1 yesterday. First 2 seasons were great, but couldn’t get into this one at all.

Etc etc.

Meh 🙁
I think that's possibly a touch harsh but, having watched it last night I would say I think it's past its best. It seemed too contrived and the setup less natural than previous series. It thrived, like the Inbetweeners, on just hitting the right references of teenage years. But the 1st one at least has gone beyond that.

Tommy Tiernan was still funny as though.

We watched Hullraisers after and that seemed promising.
S3E2 is fabulous :lol: so maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for E1 :?:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

It was funny wasn't it...

"My Wife left me..."

"Jesus what must the other fella look like..."

:lol: