Decent Recent TV

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Ascender »

jamcg wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm Did the zoom based reunion episode ever show over here?
Nope, you'll need to just get it from a torrent site.

Parks and Rec is just great fun and stands up to rewatches so well. We're just going through Always Sunny again which is kind of the polar opposite - its bad people behaving badly whereas Parks is lots of nice people being well intentioned.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I shall have to see if I can find Parks and Rec and give it a watch. What channel was it on originally?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

It's on Amazon atm. Have tried a couple of episodes but haven't really clicked with it. Although we are now onto the final series of Schitt's Creek so will be looking for more comedy to go with a helping of Cobra Kai.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've just finished a watch through of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It took me ages to get into but I love it now.

Also watching Fringe for the first time. It's pretty decent.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Have really got in to The Expanse now and it is as good as everyone has been saying, so thanks for that recommendation.

Fringe really is good stuff and another one of those shows which has always flown under the radar.
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Wandavision

Well, that was boring. Perhaps they'll actually make it have...some kind of plot, other than 'ooh, Wanda is living in a fantasy world AND SOMEONE IS OUTSIDE IT OH NO' but after two episodes I literally couldn't care less.

Edit: office nerd chat are going OH BUT THE REFERENCES THAT EXPLOSION NOISE WITH THE TOASTER IS ALL ABOUT...(etc) - yeah, cool. References for deep Marvel lore nerds. But when is the show going to get, you know, interesting beyond being a pastiche of nostalgia? :?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I got the feeling that Wandavision would be a bit niche. It looks like it was inspired by a very specific run of Vision comics.

I’m hoping for something like Legion which I really enjoyed.

Finished Fringe this morning. It was a great show. Felt like they were using Olivia and cortexiphan as a bit of a deus ex machina by the end but I really liked the Matrixish change in direction in the last season.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I wasn't that fussed by the 1st ep of WandaVision, but thought it picked up well in the 2nd. I understand it starts to get going in the 3rd ep.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I think the first episode of WandaVision was "wtf", but I thought it really built on the premise and hit its stride in the second episode which was loads of fun. I think its great stuff like that gets made tbh.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just saw this advert for the first time on UK tv

Hmmmm...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:42 pm Just saw this advert for the first time on UK tv

Hmmmm...
😂 Shows how many snowflakes don't understand where there food comes from.
mik

Post by mik »

Anyone else watching “The Great” on C4?

Mrs mik started watching it and I was like “whatevs” but it’s actually very funny.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-great
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 am Anyone else watching “The Great” on C4?

Mrs mik started watching it and I was like “whatevs” but it’s actually very funny.

We have aye - it is indeed very bloody funny. I must admit the first one seemed far more dark and with not much humour, and I thought it had been badly described, but it's levelled out a bit now. It's one of the best things C4 have had on in a very long time.
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am
mik wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 am Anyone else watching “The Great” on C4?

We have aye - it is indeed very bloody funny. I must admit the first one seemed far more dark and with not much humour, and I thought it had been badly described, but it's levelled out a bit now. It's one of the best things C4 have had on in a very long time.
Huzzah!
tim

Post by tim »

Huzzah! Indeed, this is brilliant TV.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

McSwede wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 am
dinny_g wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:42 pm Just saw this advert for the first time on UK tv

Hmmmm...
😂 Shows how many snowflakes don't understand where there food comes from.
Lack of knowledge about how food is produced is a general issue tbh. Shame that the only people who ever tried to educate were smug arseholes like Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall :lol:
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I wouldn't say Hugh F-W was a smug arsehole to be fair. Oliver is a different kettle of fish!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He turned the "escape to the country" townie lifestyle into a career :lol:.

I've heard some grim stories about him too but they're second hand from a friend of a friend who worked at his cookery school so not sure how true they are.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I Remember years ago on the F Word IIRC when Ramsay usually grew some animals in his garden for meat... You'd see his kids play with turkeys or pigs and the next day they were on the plate. Then the day after the show there was a load of abuse towards him and the usual Ofcom complaints as people couldn't handle seeing animals culled :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the latest adaption of The Stand? I don't mind it so far and certainly don't agree with the many critics panning it. It feels a bit like The Witcher again where people (mostly critics, you'd have thought they might have a few more brain cells!) seem to be unable to comprehend time shift as a direction/story technique. It's not perfect but it's watchable, thus far.