Decent Recent TV

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Ascender »

I enjoyed the first few episodes of the final series of Homeland, missed a few, decided to catchup but unfortunately C4 only has the most recent episodes available, so I guess I’ll have to wait it out for it to arrive on Netflix.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My mate Dan got it for me.

Dan Lord.

Same day service. Very useful guy to know.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:29 pm
JonMad wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:43 pm Excellent ending to Homeland.
But now no more Homeland :(
Caught up now.

Half way through the episode I couldn’t figure out how it’s going to end. In the end the ending was very satisfying. In hindsight it was the only way to end the series.

Enjoyed the final season very much.
Just watched it tonight and I found it a very satisfying ending.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Just finished the latest Bosch series. Very good, would recommend 👍
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I’m halfway through Gangs of London now, it’s good but the cars are all wrong and it’s distracting!

Billionaires driving a new E220d or a e60 5 series, top henchmen driving around in a Merc 190e, millionaire crime bosses in a 80s Volvo. It’s all wrong!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm I’m halfway through Gangs of London now, it’s good but the cars are all wrong and it’s distracting!

Billionaires driving a new E220d or a e60 5 series, top henchmen driving around in a Merc 190e, millionaire crime bosses in a 80s Volvo. It’s all wrong!
I tried my hardest to ignore that. Some strange choices!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm I’m halfway through Gangs of London now, it’s good but the cars are all wrong and it’s distracting!

its great when they get the cars right (The Stranger Was a perfect example of this), but it just comes across lazy when they just turn up in any old crap.

Worse still when rich/successful characters turn up in 10 year old exec cars that you just know are about to be trashed in a car chase/explosion.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

unzippy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:10 pm Just finished the latest Bosch series. Very good, would recommend 👍
We've only started watching this a couple of weeks ago and on series 4. It's easy watching.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Carlos wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:38 pm
unzippy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:10 pm Just finished the latest Bosch series. Very good, would recommend 👍
We've only started watching this a couple of weeks ago and on series 4. It's easy watching.
It's pretty true to the books too - they're worth a read.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 pm
McSwede wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:47 pm

its great when they get the cars right (The Stranger Was a perfect example of this), but it just comes across lazy when they just turn up in any old crap.

Worse still when rich/successful characters turn up in 10 year old exec cars that you just know are about to be trashed in a car chase/explosion.
Overall it was good. Kept me busy for a couple of days while avoiding news.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Has anybody been watching the third season of Westworld? I really need to do a rewatch from the start and while I know S2 had its issues, I still enjoyed it, but have read some very stuffy-sounding reviews of S3. I think [mention]Beany[/mention] enjoyed it though?
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 am Has anybody been watching the third season of Westworld? I really need to do a rewatch from the start and while I know S2 had its issues, I still enjoyed it, but have read some very stuffy-sounding reviews of S3. I think @Beany enjoyed it though?
No but if one of you say it's back to like season 1 I will. The second one we gave up on.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Season 3 of Westworld was a lot more straightforward and less up it's arse than season 2, I really rather enjoyed it.

I've also seen some stuffy reviews of S3 but I don't know what these people wanted - they complain that S2 was too complicated for it's own good, and when they make it less silly, they moan that it's lost its trademark mysteries.

It's worth watching, still. Solid 7/10, some missed opportunities in there I feel but still very watchable and enjoyable.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks [mention]Beany[/mention], I'll pick up S3.

Finally got round to finishing season 1 of Killing Eve which I thought was brilliant. Unfortunately we then went on to watch season 2 which I thought was average at best and lost all of the charm of the first one and the quirkiness while having a pretty shit plot.

Season 3 seems to be better than 2 so far, but I can't help think this is maybe one of those shows that should have known when to quit and is surviving on its S1 reputation and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's involvement.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Oh and just because we're also rewatching The West Wing, I've just reminded myself that the final 5 minutes of "Two Cathedrals" with Brothers in Arms playing is probably the finest use of music & visuals I've ever seen in an episode of any TV show.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. Not sure how I missed this on BBC in 2015 but anyway it's now on Prime and I think it's fantastic. A pair of 19th century magicians squabling in an England at war with Napoleon. Good characters, interesting story and some funky magics.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. Not sure how I missed this on BBC in 2015 but anyway it's now on Prime and I think it's fantastic. A pair of 19th century magicians squabling in an England at war with Napoleon. Good characters, interesting story and some funky magics.
Yes, I enjoyed that. I spent a happy 2 hours with the house to myself last night watching Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio from last year. It’s in HD on YouTube if anyone is interested, proper broadcast quality.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 am Has anybody been watching the third season of Westworld? I really need to do a rewatch from the start and while I know S2 had its issues, I still enjoyed it, but have read some very stuffy-sounding reviews of S3. I think @Beany enjoyed it though?
I thought Westworld S3 continued the downward slide that's been a feature since season 1 ended. I won't be watching S4 if such a thing is ever made.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Simon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 pm My mate Dan got it for me.

Dan Lord.

Where does Dan Lord stay these days?
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:11 pm
Simon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 pm My mate Dan got it for me.

Dan Lord.

Where does Dan Lord stay these days?
Proxy bastard keeps moving. Maybe try and find his kat, but tpb your best bet may be go for the duck duck.