Decent Recent TV

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm Started watching the new Line of Duty and noticed an annoying continuity mistake right at the start.

Convoy of cars led by a G31 5 series with a black grille and an E61.

Shot changes to the convoy pulling up and it’s two G31s with chrome grilles.

Stuff that car nerds spot :lol:
It’s worse than that - they swap from a pair of MSport G31 5-series to an E61 SE and a G21 3-series.

I can understand that if they had to shoot some extra scenes after lockdown they might not be able to get the exact same cars, but G31 5s aren’t particularly rare and they could have had some plates made up... most of the other cars have fake plates.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm Started watching the new Line of Duty and noticed an annoying continuity mistake right at the start.

It’s worse than that - they swap from a pair of MSport G31 5-series to an E61 SE and a G21 3-series.

I can understand that if they had to shoot some extra scenes after lockdown they might not be able to get the exact same cars, but G31 5s aren’t particularly rare and they could have had some plates made up... most of the other cars have fake plates.
Just don't watch Line of Duty. It's rubbish!!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Nah, it’s great - though it is possibly a bit close to jumping the shark. Virtually everyone in the force seems to be under OCC control 😂
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The over acting in LoD is hilarious, it actually makes it funny!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

McSwede wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 pm

I don't think its rubbish, its great entertainment but you have to largely switch off your brain and just treat it like those big summer blockbusters. Don't think about it or the whole premise falls apart and they often resort to that lazy writing technique where an intelligent character starts doing stupid things just to advance the plot.

And like @Jobbo says, its so close to jumping the shark, hence why you should disengage your brain and any notion that this is taking place in the real world.

Its great fun, but I do wonder if people proclaiming it the most amazing TV show ever have seen any other TV shows.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I only started watching it because Vicky McClure is in it but I really like it. I think the Irish commander guy has maybe said bent coppers too much this season though :lol:

Watched the first season of True Detective last week and loved it. The second season seems a bit shit though.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Binged four episodes of Resident Alien in the last 2 days. A lot of it is just well done "fish out of water" comedy. But Alan Tudyk's rubber face and some black black comedy really really elevates it. The foot in the bucket... :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

RobYob wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:23 am Binged four episodes of Resident Alien in the last 2 days. A lot of it is just well done "fish out of water" comedy. But Alan Tudyk's rubber face and some black black comedy really really elevates it. The foot in the bucket... :lol:
It's a great series IMO, all decent characters too, no filler.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Apollo 11 is on Sky Documentaries again.

No matter how many time you watch, it’s still awesome...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Started watching Your Honor starring Brian Cranston today. The first 10 minutes of episode 1 are brilliantly done and am a few episodes in now. I don't think its going to be amazing, but is enjoyable fare.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Line of duty.

Biggest disappointment in television history.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Utter horse shit.

Although I’ve been suspecting it’s always going to be a case of the emperors new clothes for quite a few series. They should have put that H nonsense to bed years ago when it was already a paper thin premise and just concentrated on standalone storylines each season imho
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Yeah I found it rather a disappointment also.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Better series finale than the last few series tbf. They've been shocking since at least series 3 - everyone just seems to forget
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... ne-of-duty
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Disappointment seems to be the main response to this online, not that people wanted a balls out action finish to it, but that it just felt like a dump squib and even by their standards, you had to suspend your sense of disbelief. I get that maybe they wanted to show how hopeless things were, so the anti-corruption teams are winding down while the bad guys get to carry on as usual, but just all felt a bit “meh”, like they’d written themselves in to so many corners and didn’t know how to get out of them.
Cheers,

Mike.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am
See above for correctness. 😂
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Love Death and Robots Season 2 is now on Netflix.

I really enjoyed S1, and while art/animation in S2 is great across the board, it wasn't nearly as interesting to watch. "Pop Squad" for me was the highlight.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I know there are a few cycling fans on there so...

Pantani - The Accidental Death of a Cyclist - on Sky Documentaries

2014 film but I hadn't seen it before. Very poignant with lots of interviews with Pantani himself. Overall, I think it's a little flawed as it somewhat glosses over the doping side - it deals with the "50% health test" in 1999 which was the beginning of his downfall but dismissed everything else really (the positive retrospective EPO tests were just mentioned in the post script and immediately dismissed)

But I don't think that matters too much really - it's not a hard hitting expose as such and more a tribute to a cyclist who, for his flaws (and lets face it, who from that era can honestly claim to be flawless) was truly loved by the Italians

9 Starting out 4 minutes back on GC and in the course of a single stage in appalling weather conditions in the mountains, end up 6 minutes ahead out of 10 ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Watching Eurovision and getting wasted, it's traditional.

Iceland were fantastic.