Decent Recent TV

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by JonMad »

Enjoying my Breaking Bad catchup and now into Season 2. S02E02 was intense (the one in the desert with Tuco and his old man).
Left over crest; tightens.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

My own long overdue BB catchup last year was well worth it. Outstanding TV. However I was sated after 4 seasons and haven't bothered with the 5th although I read the synopsis.

The Great continues to live up to its name, Huzzah!

Yoblettes and I have nearly finished season 2 of The last air bender and I'm enjoying that a much as annoying else I've seen in ages.

Staged season 2 starts well, I don't know why but I thought Michael Palin being told to "Fuck off" was absolutely hilarious. 8-)
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Resident Alien

Good but a weird mix of silly and serious.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
mik

Post by mik »

Has anyone mentioned “Behind Her Eyes” yet?

6 part Netflix series : an hour per episode.

Enjoyed it - despite some seriously wooden acting by the male lead character. 7.5 spooky coincidences and twisting plots out of 10.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yeah I liked it, but the last episode left me down, especially considering
Spoiler
what happens to Adam
There's talk of a Season 2, but I'm not sure where they could go with it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Just finished Parks & Rec. That was very good TV and I liked the way they wrapped it up. Not on the same level as Schitt's Creek, but excellent anyway.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I watched all of Agents of Shield recently. It was pretty good, the later series were very clearly taking ideas from other shows (mostly Fringe and Archer) but a decent enough sci-fi show.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:55 pm I watched all of Agents of Shield recently. It was pretty good, the later series were very clearly taking ideas from other shows (mostly Fringe and Archer) but a decent enough sci-fi show.
I enjoyed the early series a lot but kinda lost track of AoS after that shattered earth series. Anything good come after?

Have been enjoying Upload. About halfway through series 1.
Funny cameos from X-Files smoking man.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

RobYob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:10 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:55 pm I watched all of Agents of Shield recently. It was pretty good, the later series were very clearly taking ideas from other shows (mostly Fringe and Archer) but a decent enough sci-fi show.
I enjoyed the early series a lot but kinda lost track of AoS after that shattered earth series. Anything good come after?

Good old CSM!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Both the last two seasons were pretty good, the last season has a quite clever time travel plot line and some funny themed episodes as they skip through time. Definitely worth finishing it if you liked it up to the point you were at.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Both the last two seasons were pretty good, the last season has a quite clever time travel plot line and some funny themed episodes as they skip through time. Definitely worth finishing it if you liked it up to the point you were at.
Cool thanks, shall add them to the catch-up list.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Agreed, I liked the "Costume Drama" stuff set in the different decades. Nicely finished too.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

You made me think Season 2 was already out with that! But not yet. Really enjoyed Upload.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Must watch that and Agent Carter, I've never seen an episode of either, but having rewatched some of the Marvel movies this week while on enforced rest, I forgot just how entertaining they were.

I'm nearly finished Hannibal and have really enjoyed it. It looks absolutely stunning and Mads Mikkelsen is incredible in it. I think if you're going to watch it, its worth knowing before you go in that its "its own thing" as I found it hard sometimes to not be trying to second-guess what happens to some of the characters based on the books and movies. I do find the dialogue a bit hard to hear at times, not sure if its a bad mix on Amazon or if its deliberate. But well worth checking out if you've never seen it.
Cheers,

Mike.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Cheers, that one passed me by although I've read all the books.
Foz

Post by Foz »

The crown is currently killing time post work chaos.

Just started S3

Wonder if the Prince Andrew Noncing *allegedly and Megxit are S4/5 material 😕
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

We just finished S4.

They may as well have had Charles shouting "a horse, a horse....!" they turned him into such a Richard III type caricature. Makes you cringe even more than Gillian Anderson's ludicrous Thatcher portrayal!
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
mik

Post by mik »

Bit of a tangent but I watched the Billy Monger comic relief feature on BBC1 tonight. I’d followed his progress on Twitter, so knew the general story, but I am not ashamed to say that still choked up a couple of times. Quite a boy BM with admirable resolve 8-)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:44 pm Bit of a tangent but I watched the Billy Monger comic relief feature on BBC1 tonight. I’d followed his progress on Twitter, so knew the general story, but I am not ashamed to say that still choked up a couple of times. Quite a boy BM with admirable resolve 8-)
I need to watch that, he's a properly inspirational boy and I can imagine this won't be an easy watch!

Must watch The Crown though, I've never seen an episode. There's just so much good TV to get through at the moment.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Binged Drive to Survive in the last day and a bit. I'm not the keenest follower of F1 so I quite enjoyed the dramatised and easy to digest retelling of last year's season.

Watching the slow mo replays of Grojean's accident it was stunning to see the Dr. Ian Roberts run at the flames (in an open helmet!) and his body recoil at the heat, then he presses back in to help Roman over the wall.