Decent Recent TV

mik

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by mik »

JonMad wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:02 am Virgin River - wife-friendly; it rolled along; great accents; bonus points for all the big 4x4s
Tried 3 episodes but couldn’t gel with it. Too.....Mercun. :?

It’s a Sin on C4 is proving marvellous however. Great characters, nicely shot, gritty topic and lots of 70’s and 80’s vehicles. Not an easy watch, but compelling.
mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 pm
It’s a Sin on C4 is proving marvellous however. Great characters, nicely shot, gritty topic and lots of 70’s and 80’s vehicles. Not an easy watch, but compelling.
Just watched the final episode.

Emotion. Much choke.

Genuinely superb. :geek:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 pm

Emotion. Much choke.

I watched the final three episode with Mrs McSwede. Superb stuff.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 pm

Emotion. Much choke.

It's harrowing but brilliant.

Don't watch it if youve had a bad day home schooling :lol:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

The Great Escapists on amazon with Richard Hammond and Tori Belleci off Myth Busters.

Silly but gets better with a few rums. I see Aquadrome is the script writer...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

unzippy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 pm The Great Escapists on amazon with Richard Hammond and Tori Belleci off Myth Busters.

Silly but gets better with a few rums. I see Aquadrome is the script writer...
I didn't make it past the first 5 minutes.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Halfway through The Serpent on BBC iPlayer, another dark drama that you don't want to turn off.

Based on a true story of a prolific con man and murderer on the Hippie Trail of Thailand, Nepal, India etc during the 70's. I'm surprised I've not come across it before.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Umbrella Academy was a good family watch in our house, waiting for the next series.
Expanse I have just started the fourth season - starting to loose interest, seems to of slowed down pace, side story/arcs have thinned out, hoping things pick up as 3rd season declined towards the end.
Watched the Le Mans film at the weekend, a good film for petrol heads, but my wife thought it was dull and stopped watching after 15 minutes.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Started watching SnowPiercer on Netflix. I'm still undecided 3 episodes in.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

Delphi wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:07 pm Started watching SnowPiercer on Netflix. I'm still undecided 3 episodes in.

I ended up loving it. Only noticed afterwards that dreads guy is Daveed Diggs from Clipping. It's not my usual cup of tea but crunchy urban horror themed hip hop is a real grower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRP5uAuDAr4
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Dead Pixels series 2 is very funny is you're at all aware of nerdy gamer stuff.

Looking forward to watched series 2 of Staged as well.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Clips from Yellowstone keep cropping up in my Facebook feed.

Is it any good??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Matty wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm
RobYob wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:45 am So the Expanse wrapped up the season a bit more soberly than I expected. I actually really liked Naomi's drawn out struggle against the sabotaged ship and the others trying to get to her over muliple episodes. Made the distances feel much more substantial as they should. Pretty much the antithesis of late GoT seasons simply teleporting characters around to speed things along.

Once S6 finishes next year I will have to read the books, been enjoying the series too much to want any spoilers.

Definitely my favourite series in a long time.
I enjoyed it, but not as much as the previous seasons. I don't find Naomi to be anywhere near interesting enough to carry that much of the story. That part felt a little drawn out. Not having them together was always going to be a challenge given their dynamic was part of what made the show what it was.

It's no spoiler to say that we all knew they had to write out Alex in some way - and I guess it's as good as we could have hoped for given it was a last minute change. Still, I did like his character, flaws and all, so it's a shame he was (allegedly) a bit of a creep in real life.
Finished this last night and its hard to make my mind up as to how I feel about it. At times I really enjoyed the different storylines, but I also missed their chemistry together. At times I found Naomi a really PITA, but others I really enjoyed what she was doing. I agree though, I do really like how there's that feeling of distance and time which GoT established and then decided to just throw out the window near the end.

I'm not a massive fan of sci-fi but I've loved this show and think the visuals are fantastic so can't wait for the final season.

I noticed all of Battestar Galactica was on iTunes for £20 so have picked that up, another show which gets raves reviews which I've never seen.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:48 pm Clips from Yellowstone keep cropping up in my Facebook feed.

Is it any good??
Very high score on IMDb which is usually a good indicator. I’ll give it a look later.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

👍🏻
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:00 am I noticed all of Battestar Galactica was on iTunes for £20 so have picked that up, another show which gets raves reviews which I've never seen.
It's a while since I watched the whole lot but it is pretty good stuff. The final seasons weren't the strongest although it wasn't the spectacular fail that GoT pulled out.

I remember the opening movie length episode had an absolutely epic battle with amazing effects for the time. Tempted to go back for a rewatch now.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Finished The Boys S2 - I was getting a bit bored by Ep6 and thought it was maybe losing direction, but have to say it picked right up at the end. Very enjoyable and the next series looks really promising.

Watched the first Ep of Lupin last night - made sure to switch it to French and pop the subtitles on (can't stand over-dubbing). Both enjoyed this one hugely, so I hope the rest of the series lives up to it.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

tim wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:57 pm Anyone watching the batshit mental S3 of Tin Star?
Not yet.

Just watched season one - fantastic stuff. I's always assumed Tim Roth was a yank!

Season 2 - significantly shitter but I'll persevere as I've heard season 3 is better. .
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
tim

Post by tim »

S3 is ridiculous, but worth watching precisely because of it! They should have stopped at the first one really.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The first one was fairly stupid to be honest - I left it at that because I just couldn't believe they'd find a way to make another story out of it that was going to be anything other than sillier. Roth was still entertaining of course.