Decent Recent TV

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Rich B »

It was a lot like “Safe” - which I noticed was the same author. Both entertaining though.
Spoiler
I quite liked the car choices too, clearly Harlan is interested in cars as characters.

The main guys Volvo XC90 - family man, clearly wealthy but not as showy as a RR.

The neighbours RRS - it stood out as “wrong” from the first episode - how could a teacher have that? And the sons brand new car.

Katz’ Volvo - was it an 850R (it had R wheels). Dowdy looking but more than meets the eye - sneaky.

The wife’s i3 - caring but still “premium”

The only one I didn’t like so much was the detectives Audi. It seemed not to fit?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:12 pm It was a lot like “Safe” - which I noticed was the same author. Both entertaining though.
Spoiler
I quite liked the car choices too, clearly Harlan is interested in cars as characters.

The main guys Volvo XC90 - family man, clearly wealthy but not as showy as a RR.

The neighbours RRS - it stood out as “wrong” from the first episode - how could a teacher have that? And the sons brand new car.

Katz’ Volvo - was it an 850R (it had R wheels). Dowdy looking but more than meets the eye - sneaky.

The wife’s i3 - caring but still “premium”

The only one I didn’t like so much was the detectives Audi. It seemed not to fit?
I've not seen Safe but will check it out.

I really liked the ending - I thought that was a brave choice for a show like that. But I had the same reservations about the epilogue.

And agreed, the cars were well chosen.
Cheers,

Mike.
tim

Post by tim »

Final season of Homeland starts again on Sunday!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Season 5 of better call Saul has just landed.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:18 pm Season 5 of better call Saul has just landed.
Supposed to be the best one yet, I'm saving it for my next flight, the last season was pretty good as well.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Last night's Better Call Saul was predictably brilliant. The second episode is on tonight then its weekly every Tuesday.

Again, if you've even a passing interest in the series, I can't recommend the official podcast enough.

First couple of episodes of Homeland have been good too.
Cheers,

Mike.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ascender wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 am Last night's Better Call Saul was predictably brilliant. The second episode is on tonight then its weekly every Tuesday.

Again, if you've even a passing interest in the series, I can't recommend the official podcast enough.

First couple of episodes of Homeland have been good too.
Did you recap last series ? It was a long time ago !
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I am enjoying The Kominsky Method. Scoff Nathan, scoff.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I didn't rewatch Saul (other than the official 5 minute recap on Youtube) and there was only one incident which I couldn't remember the details of - what had caused his trip to the emergency room and the panic about him being made. I vaguely remembered it was something to do with social security numbers and medical insurance... Turns out it was the S4 opener..
In a flashforward following the introductory scenes of "Mabel", 'Gene' collapses at the Cinnabon in Omaha, Nebraska and is taken to the hospital. The doctors affirm that Gene did not suffer a heart attack and is fit to leave. Gene is nervous when the hospital receptionist appears to have problems verifying his drivers' license and Social Security numbers, but she figures out her error and processes them correctly. On his taxi ride home, Gene becomes more uneasy when the driver makes lingering eye contact with him and he sees an Albuquerque Isotopes air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Gene gets out of the taxi before reaching his home and quickly walks away, around the corner and out of the driver's sight.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ok about a year late to the party but I’m watching the F1 Drive to Survive series before the new one comes out in a few days. It’s very odd, not as much interesting behind the scenes stuff as I’d thought there would be, 90% race highlights and seems to be aimed at people new to F1 (but would they want to watch this :? ).
It has some grating things about it, some of the V6 sounds have been edited so much that they’re like a V8. The crash sound effects are just like someone dropping boxes in a recording studio. Croftie and Brudle have had their voices edited so much that it took me a while to realise it was them. There’s also a third commentator who I don’t know but I’ve called him ‘no shit Sherlock’.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Picard

God this is fucking boring.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm Picard

God this is fucking boring.
It's pretty slow after a promising start.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Honestly, aside from the first episode I've been bored stiff. Slow doesn't begin to describe it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've been enjoying Picard, it has been a slow build though.

Anyone been watching Avenue 5? It's really funny.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Only a decade behind the times I know but a friend recommended The Thick of it and Inside No9 and thoroughly enjoying them.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

E46 M3 on wheeler dealers niw
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

tim wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:11 pm Final season of Homeland starts again on Sunday!
Binge-watched the first three episodes; back to its best!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:03 pm E46 M3 on wheeler dealers niw
That ending was cringe.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:03 pm E46 M3 on wheeler dealers niw
That ending was cringe.
i didn’t bother with the actual sale bit, but I still like seeing an M3 going sideways.

It was like seeing an old friend - I knew that car so well.

The V8 sounded so much better though!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Gen 1 Celica on tonight's Car S.O.S. 8-)