Decent Recent TV

Beany

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Beany »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 am Westworld

It’s back tonight

(Actually yesterday in America, and available on Sky NowTV at the same time)
It's pretty good.

I like the ATVs with the 'airless' tyres.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Britian's biggest warship watched the first two episodes and it's very good. Short on flag waving, it gives what feels like decent account of building, crewing and debugging a massive warship.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Agreed, also (incorrectly ;)) discussed in the 'weekend' thread. Really good TV.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Watched the first couple of episodes of Lost In Space and the main guy (the Dad) just reminds me of that awful TGE car/YouTube guy when he has a beard.

We actually enjoyed just pulling it apart and poking fun at it while we watched it.

A bunch of really annoying characters, the kind you're just rooting to come to a painful end...

Rubbish.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I was about to list out what I currently watch, but I think Nathan would have a heart attack so thought better of it.

Let's just call it Basic Average Viewing :lol:

(Billions, Suits, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Empire, Homeland, Big Bang Theory - sorry Nathan)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ash Vs Evil Dead S3

Still bags of fun, lots of great practical effects and set pieces, and as they suspected they might not get renewed, they are winding up to a 'final' finale for the whole Evil Dead saga, it seems.

Finale is this Sunday, and Bruce Campbell is putting Ash away for good.

Which is a shame, but to be fair, while the character is enjoyable, there's only so far you can run with the material and it's been damned fun so far - so ending it on a high seems like a good idea (that, and Campbell is getting older and can only do physical slapstick for so long).

That, and the whole franchise has done pretty well for what started out as a handful of college kids pissing about with rented camera gear, funded by dentists.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:44 am

It’s back tonight

It's pretty good.

Hmm I wasnt blown away by ep1 - last series was gripping. Got to give it time tho :)
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm expecting a couple of episodes as setup of how the new status quo is, before they start tying things together.

S1 had a bit of a slow start, but was mitigated by the fact that they could show off what had changed from the original film, etc...

I'm expecting good things.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 am I was about to list out what I currently watch, but I think Nathan would have a heart attack so thought better of it.

Let's just call it Basic Average Viewing :lol:

Billions
This weeks episode was ridiculous. And I have lost track of the plot.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Broccers wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm
Beany wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:44 am

It’s back tonight

It's pretty good.

Hmm I wasnt blown away by ep1 - last series was gripping. Got to give it time tho :)
Reviews have suggested Ep1 is mostly catch up, laying the land. Ep2 is supposed to be excellent
Simon

Post by Simon »

Started watching Lost in Space

Crikey. If Blue Peter made Sci-Fi programmes, this would be it.

By half way through the first episode I wanted them all dead. Stopped watching. A real low for a Netflix 'own' series.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Current watchingness

Billions continues to be excellent

Designated survivor is decent

Watched a few lethal Weapon - meh

Car stuff - Street Outlaws has just finished. I enjoy that. The don’t even seem to now pretend it’s illegal street racing - obviously they’ve rented the road. But massive V8’s racing is great.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Saw the final part of Britain's Biggest Warship. A wonderful 3-parter - Very insightful and interesting look at the commissioning of HMS Queen Elizabeth. Really well done by the beeb.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Simon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 am Saw the final part of Britain's Biggest Warship. A wonderful 3-parter - Very insightful and interesting look at the commissioning of HMS Queen Elizabeth. Really well done by the beeb.
Nice one, I'll have a look at that. They did a very good three parter on the Stephen Lawrence case, think it's still on iPlayer.

I watched the first three episodes of The Defiant Ones on Netflix yesterday, the story of Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine. Very entertaining :) 100% on Rotten tomatoes if you don't want to take my word for it ;)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Watched a Netflix show called Fastest Car over the weekend. The premise is that it's a race between people with supercars and people who've built they're own fast cars to see who's is fastest, it's garbage :). They have a very loose definition of what a sleeper is and after running the whole series at airfields the final race is on dirt at El Mirage so the only car with 4wd walked away with the win.

Some nice cars though.
An absolute unit
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

Watched the final Meghan Markle episode of Suits. Her exit seemed very contrived and not built up to, almost as if a few episodes from the end, somebody pointed out she would need to be written out. :D

That's another programme (like The Walking Dead) that we will be abandoning after watching since the beginning. There is nothing left to tell that will be worthwhile. Still, it lasted longer for us than Prison Break, or Heroes...
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I'm going to assume I'm the only person here who watches TOWIE.
Simon

Post by Simon »

...and that's not something to be proud of.
scotta

Post by scotta »

240PP wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:57 pm I'm going to assume I'm the only person here who watches TOWIE.
Paging Matty. Ban this imbecile.