Simon

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Simon »

^^ :)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. Not sure how I missed this on BBC in 2015 but anyway it's now on Prime and I think it's fantastic. A pair of 19th century magicians squabling in an England at war with Napoleon. Good characters, interesting story and some funky magics.
Woke up to find this downloaded. Then had to search to find out why and who.
Just enjoyed watching the first two, drunk Dave says thanks🤣
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

unzippy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 pm
RobYob wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. Not sure how I missed this on BBC in 2015 but anyway it's now on Prime and I think it's fantastic. A pair of 19th century magicians squabling in an England at war with Napoleon. Good characters, interesting story and some funky magics.
Woke up to find this downloaded. Then had to search to find out why and who.
Just enjoyed watching the first two, drunk Dave says thanks🤣
:D

For something different the 2nd Series of Aussie Lego Masters has just finished and had some excellent challenges and builds. Family has all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

duncs500 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:40 pm
dinny_g wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:36 pm The Last Dance

Netflix documentary on Michael Jordan and the 80/90’s bulls.

My boy’s the big NBA fan but I’d you like your sport, even if you’re particularly a basketball fan, it’s well worth a watch
I'm not into basketball at all, but it is bloody brilliant anyway.
Yep, I'm not a BB fan but thoroughly enjoyed this.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:50 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:40 pm
dinny_g wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:36 pm The Last Dance

Netflix documentary on Michael Jordan and the 80/90’s bulls.

My boy’s the big NBA fan but I’d you like your sport, even if you’re particularly a basketball fan, it’s well worth a watch
I'm not into basketball at all, but it is bloody brilliant anyway.
Yep, I'm not a BB fan but thoroughly enjoyed this.
My sporting hero and GOAT

The famous finale recreated by a very talented chap on a video game, with real commentary
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The Trip to Greece

More of the same, enjoyable
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

zx6rkiller wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:44 am Giri/Haji
Netflix series, plot can be summarized in 3 words : Yakuza in London
Entertaining story (but not very surprising), good acting, nice mix of Japanese and Scottish accents.
Liked it, 8 out of 10 cut of pinkies
Enjoying this - I know it shouldn't be a shock but the girl from Trainspotting has grown up :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Re-watching Watchmen as my wife wasn't interested in it first time around but has heard its "supposed to be quite good" from people on the Internet, so is now admitting I might have ben right. Its even better this time around, knowing the pay-off and all the extra stuff from the Peteypedia.

Have also started watching Game of Thrones from the start as it was pretty damn good before they shot their load prematurely and ruined the ending. I suspect its also another series which will be much easier to follow now that you can binge them - I remember a few seasons starting and it was like LOTR where I had no idea who was who, why they were doing what they were doing or wtaf was going on in general.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Finally got around to watching the last season of Homeland. Very strong season this one, with episodes 11 and 12 being particularly excellent.

Shame to see it go but it's ending on a high at least.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Rewatching How I met your mother from the beginning. Very funny and bingeable season 1, with the impending sense of doom that it will get unfunny around three series from the end IIRC.

Robin: You guys are the world leader in handgun violence, your healthcare system is bankrupt, and your country is deeply divided on almost every important issue.

Ted: ...Your cops are called "mounties."

From 2005, in a sitcom.

:?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Has anybody seen The Leftovers? Damon Lindelof did it and now that he's back in favour with Watchmen (after serving time on the do-not-watch-list for how Lost ended up) a lot of people are saying its a great show which didn't get the praise it deserved.
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Finished the sopranos last week, white lines isn’t really filling that void 😂

Second Series of F1 is also good, better than the actual F1 to be fair!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Foz wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 pm Finished the sopranos last week, white lines isn’t really filling that void 😂

They should make a full series just of Gunther 😂
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ascender wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:14 pm Has anybody seen The Leftovers? Damon Lindelof did it and now that he's back in favour with Watchmen (after serving time on the do-not-watch-list for how Lost ended up) a lot of people are saying its a great show which didn't get the praise it deserved.
I watched the first series - thought it was good but never caught any more.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Foz wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 pm Finished the sopranos last week, white lines isn’t really filling that void 😂

Just seen ep1 of White Lines. Does it improve?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:14 am

i didn’t get past the first one. The fit one from the inbetweeners movie either had awful acting or writing. I couldn’t decide which.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Finishing Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown now that it’s back on Netflix. Some of it’s quite sad now. Talking to Iggy Pop about surviving their youthful exuberance and the bit in Scotland with A.A. Gill for example, but it’s still great TV.

It’s always funny to hear someone from outside talk about Scotland, they always see it in a much grander way than we do :lol:
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Foz wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 pm Finished the sopranos last week
The Sopranos is fantastic. I've binge watch all of it a few times now. Lots of great characters!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:14 am

i didn’t get past the first one. The fit one from the inbetweeners movie either had awful acting or writing. I couldn’t decide which.
Much like you I am unsure what it's trying to be - murder mystery, soft pron, 90s dance music, drugs, dogs or comedy - the last scene with him handing a harpoon back in hospital didn't make think I'll binge this one.

May be wrong tho as couldve been a pilot.