Decent Recent TV

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Ascender »

I'm just going to wait until all of Mr Robot is available to watch the final season. I did start a re-watch with the wife who enjoyed it, but the day after asked when we were going to watch the next episode of "Dr Computer." I mean, honestly... she has a degree and everything, so I've no idea what's happened.
Cheers,

Mike.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Richard wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 pm Everyone seemed to think Peaky Blinders was the absolute, ever-loving tits but I am two episodes in and struggling to see the appeal. Should I persevere?
It’s beloved by total, total wankers. That’s reason enough for me to not bother watching
Harsh but true. My mate was in it and I'm not interested
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ascender wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 am I'm just going to wait until all of Mr Robot is available to watch the final season. I did start a re-watch with the wife who enjoyed it, but the day after asked when we were going to watch the next episode of "Dr Computer." I mean, honestly... she has a degree and everything, so I've no idea what's happened.
S1 is great
S2 is hard work
S3 is almost as great as S1
S4 is off to a good start.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Witcher trailer :!: :!: :!:

Much improved from the previous trailer, fingers crossed this could actually deliver....
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fingers crossed indeed. But where are the cat's eyes?
More importantly, where is Dandelion??
I hope it's not all Geralt being Grimdark, some of my favourite parts of the books were the banter between Geralt's party.
Being partway through the games it's also hard not to think Henry Cavil sounds like a lightweight compared to Doug Cockle's gravel.
The book ending of the whole Ciri saga is a bit out there too so not sure how that will played, not that we need worry about that for hopefully another five seasons.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just saw David Attenborough’s latest program. Excellently produced as always, just getting a bit tired of every segment concluding with death of the subject matter due to climate change.
How about not having a sig at all?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Matty

Post by Matty »

Mr Robot Episode 5 was glorious. Almost no dialogue, and really well shot. So far, this season has been very, very good. Hope it ends just as well.
RobYob wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:52 am Fingers crossed indeed. But where are the cat's eyes?
I hope it's not all Geralt being Grimdark, some of my favourite parts of the books were the banter between Geralt's party.
Being partway through the games it's also hard not to think Henry Cavil sounds like a lightweight compared to Doug Cockle's gravel.
The book ending of the whole Ciri saga is a bit out there too so not sure how that will played, not that we need worry about that for hopefully another five seasons.
His eyes are usually 'normal' in the books.
Dandelion is in the trailer, walking alongside Geralt on his horse (can't remember his name in the books, though).
7 seasons have been planned to do the full story.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Giri/Haji

Watched the first ep of this last night. Hooked straightaway. Fair play to the Been (and I think Netflix?) for committing to something where the first 30mins of the first episode is almost entirely in Japanese and set in Tokyo. I also loved how, 3/4 of the way through, it cut to animation as well. It's all built on an interesting premise, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it to see how it pans out, and hoping it can keep it up the good standard of the first ep.
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:46 pm Just saw David Attenborough’s latest program. Excellently produced as always, just getting a bit tired of every segment concluding with death of the subject matter due to climate change.
It makes me depressed watching how upset he gets at how shit the human race is so i don't watch his programs any more

His Dark Materials on the beeb, enjoyed the first episode, it could have potential. The daemons look ace, just a shame its not in 4k ...
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Frayed

Watched this as it was on.... really quite good I thought.

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:16 pm
RobYob wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:52 am Fingers crossed indeed. But where are the cat's eyes?
His eyes are usually 'normal' in the books.
Dandelion is in the trailer, walking alongside Geralt on his horse (can't remember his name in the books, though).
7 seasons have been planned to do the full story.
I stand corrected, shows how well the books and games have mixed together in my head.

Geralts horse/s were always 'roach.

Seven sounds very promising, hopefully it can all hang together for that long.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mr Pish wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:06 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:46 pm Just saw David Attenborough’s latest program. Excellently produced as always, just getting a bit tired of every segment concluding with death of the subject matter due to climate change.
It makes me depressed watching how upset he gets at how shit the human race is so i don't watch his programs any more

His Dark Materials on the beeb, enjoyed the first episode, it could have potential. The daemons look ace, just a shame its not in 4k ...
Watching episode 2 now. The death due to climate change starts right away this time round...!
How about not having a sig at all?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Matty wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:16 pm Mr Robot Episode 5 was glorious. Almost no dialogue, and really well shot. So far, this season has been very, very good. Hope it ends just as well.
Yep, just watched that one. Tense. Very cool.
Left over crest; tightens.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:35 pm Giri/Haji

Watched the first ep of this last night. Hooked straightaway. Fair play to the Been (and I think Netflix?) for committing to something where the first 30mins of the first episode is almost entirely in Japanese and set in Tokyo. I also loved how, 3/4 of the way through, it cut to animation as well. It's all built on an interesting premise, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it to see how it pans out, and hoping it can keep it up the good standard of the first ep.
I was hooked after the first one. Really enjoyed it. Less so after the 2nd/3rd due a couple of characters/actors we really didn't buy into. I'll 2atch more to see if it gets better but really lost interest after a positive start.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:04 am Also Dublin Murders is pretty good so far. Like all BBC or ITV drama's (or in this case, I think a Joint Production with RTE) it has the potential to either a. get ridiculous or b. fizzle out but it's promising. I used to live right next to her house in the series and used the same Dart station so it take me back
In the end, it did neither!! :lol:

The main story arc had a twist at the end I didn’t see coming. And the 3 parallel supporting stories have been left open for, presumably for another series.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Living With Yourself

Dark Comedy starring Paul Rudd x2 on netflix. Don't want to give too much away but we enjoyed it, ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting. Has a similar feel to one of those indie sci-fi movies like Safety Not Guaranteed.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:13 pm Living With Yourself

Dark Comedy starring Paul Rudd x2 on netflix. Don't want to give too much away but we enjoyed it, ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting. Has a similar feel to one of those indie sci-fi movies like Safety Not Guaranteed.
Great shout.

Watched 1-6 through the week (v short aren’t they?) and will do the last 2 tonight. Very funny (with some “wtf, is that now or looking back? Right, got it now) moments...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Loving Watchmen and am now re-reading the comics as there's clearly loads of callbacks to the original. The Trent & Atticus soundtrack is absolutely brilliant too.

Can't help but watch Thick of It on something approaching a loop at the moment, its just so quotable with magnificent swearing throughout, almost like poetry in places.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:31 am Loving Watchmen and am now re-reading the comics as there's clearly loads of callbacks to the original. The Trent & Atticus soundtrack is absolutely brilliant too.
Episode 3 was attack of the blue dongs, I imagine that may preview return of the big Doc. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole brick call sequence, very clever writing. Episode 4 this evening.

and for those unaware of the all caps thread, new Rick and Morty is very funny.