Decent Recent TV

Maurice

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Maurice »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 am
scotta wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm Don't Fuck with cats - Netflix. Could only happen in america. Well worth a watch though.
You know it happened in Canada, right? And partly in France and Germany.
Actually, my favourite part of the whole story is that the “internet nerds” were ultimately pointless. The police would have identified him at exactly the same point that they did if none of them existed.
The most disturbing part of the entire thing was that guy’s pronunciation of “fusilier”.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:49 am The Outsider

Watched Episode 1 last night. Looks like it might be pretty good.
2 down - getting even better. Well worth checking out
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 pm
dinny_g wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:49 am The Outsider

Watched Episode 1 last night. Looks like it might be pretty good.
2 down - getting even better. Well worth checking out
Just realised this is based on the fairly recent Stephen King book. I added this book to my SK collection at Christmas, though have not had a chance to start it yet. A quick google suggests this is Sky Atlantic only? (I also want to see 11/22/63 but don't have Hulu either, which that was on iirc).
Left over crest; tightens.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

So long as it doesn't go "the Dark Half" then it should be good.

11/22/63 as a book was brilliant - I haven't seen the series either
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
tim

Post by tim »

I was quite excited to see Treadstone appear on Amazon Prime, a spin-off from the Bourne movies.

I was quite annoyed to find it's utter shite.

Have recently burnt through Season 1 (22 eps!) of New Amsterdam, also on Amazon Prime. Feel good telly, with investible characters that's a bit cheesey but better for it.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

tim wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 am I was quite excited to see Treadstone appear on Amazon Prime, a spin-off from the Bourne movies.

Have recently burnt through Season 1 (22 eps!) of New Amsterdam, also on Amazon Prime. Feel good telly, with investible characters that's a bit cheesey but better for it.
That's that one deleted from my list, thanks for saving me some time. I knew it was too good to be true tbh.

Thanks for the recommendation on New Amsterdam, the trailer/promo keeps popping up and looks interesting although my brain seems to insist its Matthew Fox from Lost when clearly it isn't.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Just a heads up that Star Trek: Picard starts next week. Looking forward to this.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

The show that goes wrong, is really dumb.
But I laughed quite a bit.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Richard Hammond’s Big - I thought it would be crap like his previous Discovery offerings but I found the VW factory really interesting. Mind boggling really.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:35 pm Richard Hammond’s Big - I thought it would be crap like his previous Discovery offerings but I found the VW factory really interesting. Mind boggling really.
Trying to find it somewhere as we don’t have Discovery.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

The Expanse brilliant ending to Season 4, seriously. Tempted to go and binge the books now to find out what happens.
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 pm The Expanse brilliant ending to Season 4, seriously. Tempted to go and binge the books now to find out what happens.
Totally worth it. They're great page turners.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 pm
RobYob wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 pm The Expanse brilliant ending to Season 4, seriously. Tempted to go and binge the books now to find out what happens.
Totally worth it. They're great page turners.
Thanks, next ten thousand miles of audio books sorted.
tim

Post by tim »

COBRA on Sky is even worse than Treadstone. Actually watch the first one just to experience how shit TV "drama" can be, then erase it from your mind forever.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Cheers Tim - I was tempted but not now. A lucky escape it seems
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Just getting back into Giri/Haji. Watched a couple when it first aired, but we had toehr series ont eh go at the time and never really gave it much chance. I saw something this week about it becoming available on Netflix now and it prompted me to give it another go. 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. It's a slow burner, and I like the way, for example, that ep4 cut to being purely flashback as to how some of the key characters ended up where they were.

Because of the sheer quantity of content that's solely in Japanese it very much feels like a foreign series, that has some bits set in London. And even then, the London settings are considerably more grimy than typically portrayed.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

tim wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 am I was quite excited to see Treadstone appear on Amazon Prime, a spin-off from the Bourne movies.

Tried watching this on Sat. Saw some decent critics reviewed so gave it a chance. Was actually fairly well hooked in the opening of ep1, but then massively lost interest after that. Gave up after 10-15minutes - which is when I restarted watching Giri/Haji ^^
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Saw S01E01 of The Crown and yeah, this could be good.

Anyone watched the second series of Jack Ryan? The first was entertaining enough but very predictable. Maybe that the series of books through and through, I've never read any of them (though I understand they are chock full of technical detail).

Will have a look at New Amsterdam, thanks for that recommendation.
Left over crest; tightens.
tim

Post by tim »

S2 of Jack Ryan was merely ok - not as good as the first. Not terrible though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

How many turbots?