Decent Recent TV

RobYob

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by RobYob »

Lost in Space series 2 has appeared on Netflix and I quite enjoyed the first episode. Might try and inflict some Sci-fi adventures on the kids who are showing dangerous levels of non-nerdiness.

The new trailer for Westworld S3 has reminded me to have another go at watching series 2.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Anyone watched the second series of Jack Ryan? The first was entertaining enough but very predictable. Maybe that the series of books through and through, I've never read any of them (though I understand they are chock full of technical detail).
Same as tim - ok, not as good as the first.
WRT the books, I'm pretty sure I've read all of them and the off shoot featuring Jack Jnr. Neither of the Amazon seasons relate to any of the books published so far.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

tim wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:58 pm S2 of Jack Ryan was merely ok - not as good as the first. Not terrible though.
This pretty much sums it up - there were times when I persevered with it. Shame after the very good first season.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

RobYob wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 am Lost in Space series 2 has appeared on Netflix and I quite enjoyed the first episode. Might try and inflict some Sci-fi adventures on the kids who are showing dangerous levels of non-nerdiness.

The new trailer for Westworld S3 has reminded me to have another go at watching series 2.
I need to rewatch Westworld ahead of S3.

Was Lost in Space S1 any good? I think I saw the first episode or two but my eyes nearly rolled out of my head on a number of occasions so I ditched it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I abandoned Lost in Space but started where I left off a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I’ve just seen a few minutes of a new Wheeler Dealers, they bought an old tired Piaggio Ape 50, showed it being plasticoated and then showed it finished. WTF? Isn’t the whole point of WD that they show what they do?! They showed none of the process at all!

No wonder Ed (and the other guy) left.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Star Trek Picard wasn't bad at all.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Picard was great, Lost in Space is getting worse, scenes from Aliens and now Star Wars!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Finally got around to bingeing the rest of Stranger Things and ermagerd it is teh awsumz!

Very much looking forward to S4.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:31 pm I’ve just seen a few minutes of a new Wheeler Dealers, they bought an old tired Piaggio Ape 50, showed it being plasticoated and then showed it finished. WTF? Isn’t the whole point of WD that they show what they do?! They showed none of the process at all!

No wonder Ed (and the other guy) left.
I think that's literally the reason Ed left because they had planned to cut all of that stuff out!
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:41 pm Star Trek Picard wasn't bad at all.
I've not seen any Star Trek since Wrath of Khan. Will that hamper my enjoyment of this?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Some knowledge of The Next generation would be useful, It's basically a direct follow up to the last TNG movie. It looks like it might tie in to Voyager as well. The first episode was great.

We've been watching The Rain, it's a Danish post apocalypse kind of show about a couple of kids trying to find their dad after a virus he may have had something to do with has wiped out most of the population. We're really enjoying it.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

What Zed said. I don't class myself as a trekkie, and enjoyed it.

Also, apparently it's really upset some Star Trek nerds, and that makes me enjoy it more, because fuck Trekkies.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm What Zed said. I don't class myself as a trekkie, and enjoyed it.

Also, apparently it's really upset some Star Trek nerds, and that makes me enjoy it more, because fuck Trekkies.
How?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 pm
Beany wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm What Zed said. I don't class myself as a trekkie, and enjoyed it.

How?
Because they're Trekkies and they're never happy with anything that isn't TOS or TNG.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:02 pm

How?
Because they're Trekkies and they're never happy with anything that isn't TOS or TNG.
I enjoyed it, the only niggle was Data looking so much older.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I watched Homecoming on Prime over the last week or so.

It stars Julia Roberts who’s working as a therapist at a centre for helping rehab American soldiers back into civilian life. But, is everything as it seems??

No, it’s not

But also, it leads you towards thinking it’s all very strange, but it turns out it’s just a bit weird

Maybe don’t bother
Last edited by Richard on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, I don't recall if that was covered in any lore, because as noted, I'm not a trekkie.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 pm
Beany wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:02 pm

How?
I enjoyed it, the only niggle was Data looking so much older.
Enjoyed it, mostly scene setting episode, but that's not usual for Star Trek to start slow (DS9 took ages to really get going and the first few TNG episodes were slow along with Enterprise basically commiting suicide by being a bit crap until the WW2 episodes). Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine in Voyager) is already credited in IMDB so there is likely to be a Voyager tie in. Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis also credited too so we know they'll be more TNG cast making appearances. Hoping that more Voyager cast members will return and fill us in on the 20 years that have passed since the return home. Would love to see Avery Brooks reprise Sisko but it looks unlikely, shame he was class in the role, so maybe some of the DS9 crew too, Kira, Bashir, O'Brien, Dax and Sisko junior would all make good additions and they have a good opportunity to do this and even set the scene for an original timeline spinoff with new cast.
Yes, I may be a bit of a Trekkie.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Panorama
Britain's Killer Motorways?
What would you do if your car broke down on a motorway with no hard shoulder? Many experts think you would be in danger. Hundreds of miles of motorways are being made 'smart' - turning a hard shoulder into a live lane. Reporter Richard Bilton speaks to the families of crash victims and asks whether Britain’s motorways are becoming death traps.
Less
Duration29 minsFirst shown8:30pm 27 Jan 2020Available for 11 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -motorways