Decent Recent TV

Richard

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Richard »

I’ve been watching The Crown

I had previously assumed it was only for girls and gays, BUT it turns out it’s pretty good. If you find yourself in a situation where “erindaws” wants to watch it, don’t be put off
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Anyone watched this
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Anyone watched this
Is it related to this?

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Similar.

It's ok if you're not wanting to be entertained much but followed Alex Roy years ago.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We've been rewatching Spooks which is on BritBox and is frankly, as bloody entertaining as I remember.

James May's Japan programme is very good, whole family are enjoying watching that.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am We've been rewatching Spooks which is on BritBox and is frankly, as bloody entertaining as I remember.

James May's Japan programme is very good, whole family are enjoying watching that.
Binge watched the James May program over the last 2 nights, very entertaining. How mental are those Samurai swords, the look of panic on the makers face when he thought he was going to touch the blade! :shock:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am
Ascender wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am We've been rewatching Spooks which is on BritBox and is frankly, as bloody entertaining as I remember.

Binge watched the James May program over the last 2 nights, very entertaining. How mental are those Samurai swords, the look of panic on the makers face when he thought he was going to touch the blade! :shock:
Watched first two episodes and thoroughly enjoying it, I remember watching something on YouTube about making swords like that and the polishing process works its way down the abrasives to rice paper.

So May's fingerprint would undo a few weeks work! Apart from the risk of him severing a finger.

The "DON'T EAT THE FOOD" train was ridiculous.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm Anyone watched this
It's in my pile of things to watch but not got around to it yet. Any Good?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

RobYob wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:14 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm Anyone watched this
It's in my pile of things to watch but not got around to it yet. Any Good?
It wasnt terrible :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Richard wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 am I’ve been watching The Crown

I had previously assumed it was only for girls and gays, BUT it turns out it’s pretty good. If you find yourself in a situation where “erindaws” wants to watch it, don’t be put off
On recommendation from someone else I started watching it as i was struggling for something to watch. My initial expectation of "It'll be shit" was totally unfounded and ive now watched the whole 3 series. Quite enjoyable.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Don't Fuck with cats - Netflix. Could only happen in america. Well worth a watch though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

RobYob wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am

Watched first two episodes and thoroughly enjoying it, I remember watching something on YouTube about making swords like that and the polishing process works its way down the abrasives to rice paper.

So May's fingerprint would undo a few weeks work! Apart from the risk of him severing a finger.

The "DON'T EAT THE FOOD" train was ridiculous.
I don’t think May would be stupid enough to run his finger across the blade so reckon you must be right about the fingerprint messing up the finish of the sword. Which when you think about the purpose of a sword, it’s kinda stupid.

I finished the program last night, think I can sum up most of Japan as fastidious to the point of self harm. Different kind of wiring though, the fact that they can spend their whole life doing a single job.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Finished it this morning... really enjoyed it.

Star of the show was Yujiro though. They should give him his own show. Send him to Glasgow, Newcastle, Blackpool, Barry and film his experiences - would be hilarious...😂
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The Outsider

Watched Episode 1 last night. Looks like it might be pretty good.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

scotta wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm Don't Fuck with cats - Netflix. Could only happen in america. Well worth a watch though.
You know it happened in Canada, right? And partly in France and Germany.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 am
scotta wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm Don't Fuck with cats - Netflix. Could only happen in america. Well worth a watch though.
Actually, my favourite part of the whole story is that the “internet nerds” were ultimately pointless. The police would have identified him at exactly the same point that they did if none of them existed.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 am
Actually, my favourite part of the whole story is that the “internet nerds” were ultimately pointless. The police would have identified him at exactly the same point that they did if none of them existed.
i watched it last night - I thought the same - the guy told them his name, they achieved Pretty much nothing!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Finished Watchmen over the weekend, what a brilliant show. Struck a great balance between referencing the source and making it's own story.
An absolute unit
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

A bit late but as it's apparently not long till season 2 is released, it's worth pointing out that Das Boot (2018) is well worth a watch. Great acting and it retains the atmosphere of the original. I don't watch that much telly but I'm glad I made an exception for this.
scotta

Post by scotta »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:30 am Finished Watchmen over the weekend, what a brilliant show. Struck a great balance between referencing the source and making it's own story.
Ive not been able to get passed the first couple. Found it very slow.