Decent Recent TV

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by JonMad »

Matty wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Ascender wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:23 pm So Mr Robot... what do we think about the hat theory now that the truth is out about Elliot’s childhood?
It would make sense. I can't think of anyone else around him who isn't confirmed to be real. Gotta be honest, that 'torture' scene in Ep8 didn't go anywhere near as expected :lol: no messing around. Consistently impressed with this season though, it's been one of the best.

Ep8 spoilers (minor ones):
Spoiler
I couldn't remember where that Irish fella came from! Had to Google it, back from Ep2. "A few of them might have shat themselves" :lol:
Ep9 was great as well. Hat theory? No, don't tell me, I'll google it if I want to find out.
Left over crest; tightens.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Ascender wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 am Have started Man in the High Castle on Prime, its off to a promising start.
You just started Season 1? 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

JonMad wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 am
Ascender wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 am Have started Man in the High Castle on Prime, its off to a promising start.
You just started Season 1? 8-)
Yeah, I wrongly assumed it was $hit based on the usual Amazon series' that they keep pushing promos for, but am actually really enjoying it. Nearly finished Season 2, although I'll be honest, I'm still none the wiser about how the Japanese Trade Minister is doing what he's doing.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Watchmen Episode 8

I really need to watch that again, slightly more sober... :? :lol:

Christ that was confusing...

Still brilliant though... 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:32 pm Watchmen Episode 8

I really need to watch that again, slightly more sober... :? :lol:

Christ that was confusing...

Still brilliant though... 8-)
Gone into full headfvckery hasn't it, but nice to see the Big D back even if it was.... messy.

The piano cover of Life on Mars was literally perfect.

Watching Watchmen back to back with Rick and Morty certainly keeps up the surreality, new R&M is excellent too.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Another brilliant episode of Watchmen, its all coming together nicely, I think we just need to know what the big clock is going to do when its turned on now?

I think this is my favourite show of the year alongside Chernobyl - they've both set an incredibly high bar. As have Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross with the soundtrack work on Watchmen as well as Waves & Bird Box which have all been released in the last few weeks.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Guy Martin’s Great Escape

Usual fare from Guy but always enjoyable.

The MI9 stuff from the war was fascinating.

Sending RAF pilots into missions with:

a Passport sized photo stashed into their pocked flap so local resistance could make them fake papers if they were shot down...

Compasses in their buttons and pens

Uniforms that turned inside out into civilian suits

Pocket Handkerchiefs that turned into Maps WHEN YOU PISSED ON THEM

:shock:

Genius!! 8-)

EDIT - just about to start at 11:00 on C4👍🏻
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Silicon Valley I didn't realise they were ending it. Very disappointing to realise it was the finale whilst watching it
Real-life Females
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:46 pm Guy Martin’s Great Escape

Usual fare from Guy but always enjoyable.

The MI9 stuff from the war was fascinating.

Sending RAF pilots into missions with:

a Passport sized photo stashed into their pocked flap so local resistance could make them fake papers if they were shot down...

Compasses in their buttons and pens

Uniforms that turned inside out into civilian suits

Pocket Handkerchiefs that turned into Maps WHEN YOU PISSED ON THEM

:shock:

Genius!! 8-)

EDIT - just about to start at 11:00 on C4👍🏻
Really enjoyed it even with the extra swearing!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Nathan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:43 pm Silicon Valley I didn't realise they were ending it. Very disappointing to realise it was the finale whilst watching it
I really enjoyed SV. I think the story of them snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was getting a little tired, but I still really enjoyed it - they had some fantastic fringe characters. It shall be missed.

Also, Season 4 of The Expanse dropped today. By coincidence, I ordered something of Amazon and they offered me free prime for 99p for the weeks, which should be just enough time to binge the show in glorious 4K.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Matty wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm Also, Season 4 of The Expanse dropped today. By coincidence, I ordered something of Amazon and they offered me free prime for 99p for the weeks, which should be just enough time to binge the show in glorious 4K.
No 4k here but the quality of The Expanse certainly hasn't dropped with the move to Amazon Prime, in any respect.

If you've been enjoying it up till now, I think Season 4 will put a smile on your face.

Solid 8/10
Spoiler
A very mild spoiler, but I was quite disappointed that 'mecha-miller' didn't shrug in a way that is totally him, as he does in the books, which makes Millers head itch a bit - that section was quite a bit cut down in length, which is understandable I suppose
Last edited by Beany on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

We've been rewatching Band of Brothers for the umpteenth time and it's as awesome as it ever was. It really is superb!!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks for the Guy Martin recommendation, whole family loved it as they always do with his stuff. I do wonder if there's any subject he could pick and not be totally engaging about?

In to the final season of The Man In The High Castle and really enjoying it although still no idea how its going to play out in the final set of episodes.
Cheers,

Mike.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Ascender wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:56 am Thanks for the Guy Martin recommendation, whole family loved it as they always do with his stuff. I do wonder if there's any subject he could pick and not be totally engaging about?

In to the final season of The Man In The High Castle and really enjoying it although still no idea how its going to play out in the final set of episodes.
Our Guy in Japan was awesome too👌
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Looks like I've missed a few of his specials, so will check those out over the festive break 🙏🏻

Am trying to avoid Twitter today as I get the feeling its absolutely rammed with Watchmen spoilers for the finale which aired in the US last night. I wonder if we'll find out who Lube Man is?
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Beany wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 am
Matty wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm Also, Season 4 of The Expanse dropped today. By coincidence, I ordered something of Amazon and they offered me free prime for 99p for the weeks, which should be just enough time to binge the show in glorious 4K.
No 4k here but the quality of The Expanse certainly hasn't dropped with the move to Amazon Prime, in any respect.

If you've been enjoying it up till now, I think Season 4 will put a smile on your face.

Solid 8/10
Well I've done 7 episodes - the more I watch the show, the more it feels like a televised Mass Effect. Which is no bad thing, but there's a lot of crossover in the stories.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ascender wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:39 pm Looks like I've missed a few of his specials, so will check those out over the festive break 🙏🏻

Am trying to avoid Twitter today as I get the feeling its absolutely rammed with Watchmen spoilers for the finale which aired in the US last night. I wonder if we'll find out who Lube Man is?
Wise to ovoid spoilers for the time being, it's a great ending.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

unzippy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm
Our Guy in Japan was awesome too👌
Indeed it was... 8-) Watched both last night. What an amazing country...

Watchmen - Finale. Brilliantly mad as a box of frogs but a great end to the series. Great set up for a second part too...
Spoiler
Anyone know the novel - does the egg work???
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

McSwede wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:21 pm We've been rewatching Band of Brothers for the umpteenth time and it's as awesome as it ever was. It really is superb!!
I thought I'd watched Band of Brothers years ago but I started watching it a couple of days ago and I can't remember any of it! Up to episode 5 and really enjoying it.
Last edited by Zonda_ on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:55 am
Watchmen - Finale. Brilliantly mad as a box of frogs but a great end to the series. Great set up for a second part too...
Spoiler
Anyone know the novel - does the egg work???
The Watchmen TV series appears to ignore any of the DC tie-in comics published since the original graphic novel (which ended with Dr M's exile and Rorschach's death) Tbh I didn't know of these tie-ins until a wiki search 5min ago.

So in answer to the spoiler, who knows? :D

The Witcher starts end of this week, going to be a busy Holiday of TV!