Retro MTB fans

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Retro MTB fans

Post by Rich B »

I know there’s a few of you on here, I stumbled across a great shop in Tring near Aston Hill yesterday that has a load of beautiful classic 1990s high end bikes on display around the shop.

Apparently the owner has a collection of hundreds - The teenage shop assistant was probably a bit confused by the 3 of us drooling over them, but these were the dream bikes of our early years!

Various GTs, Pace, Intense...

plus something none of us could identify - custom/homemade/any ideas?

ZedLeg

Re: Retro MTB fans

Post by ZedLeg »

There are bits of that green one that make me think it’s a Santa Cruz but it doesn’t match any that I know of.
An absolute unit
seb

Post by seb »

The green one is a Sintesi Bazooka isn't it?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Slightly related. Having my old Cannondale F600 (2001 model) rebuilt as a pop-to-the-shops bike. Solid front forks (original air sus borked) and a few new bits.

Must admit I'm a bit excited!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

seb wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:12 pm The green one is a Sintesi Bazooka isn't it?
good skills - looks like it!
seb

Post by seb »

As I recall they were generally orange, but I recognised it instantly, it was one of the more common early full-on DH bikes you'd spot at races in the late nineties :)
ste

Post by ste »

Nice. 8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:23 pm my old Cannondale F600 (2001 model)
Sort of related but I was doing some digging around Wikipedia at 90's bikes and was surprised to hear how Cannondale came into being. (I didn't know)

2 lads develop and improve on GM's IC Engine running ammonia as fuel. Decide to fund the project by selling their own inventions and innovations (rather than looking for Venture Capitalists), they start selling Bike Bags and Panniers / Carriers they've perfected, visit various Bike Shows and the rest is history.

As for the IC engine that run's on bullsh1t, it's now successfully in use in countless MK2 MR2's ;) :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…