The Watches Thread

Alex_

Re: The Watches Thread

Post by Alex_ »

mik wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:18 pm Can’t see any of your images Alex.

(Barry)
Are you sure mik? I can see them using Chrome on my phone and laptop.

EDIT: can also see them in Firefox (private window).
M235i
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nope - I can't see them either.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Must be a Safari thing, doesn't work on the wife's iphone.
M235i
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I couldn’t see them, so I copied the links and could open them from the url. I don’t think Dropbox links display properly on here.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:53 pm I couldn’t see them, so I copied the links and could open them from the url. I don’t think Dropbox links display properly on here.
Interesting. Worked before using JL's raw=1 trick
M235i
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve looked at the AnOrdain stuff before - dials look amazing. Was only vaguely aware of Paulin - that looks nice.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

mik wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:13 pm I’ve looked at the AnOrdain stuff before - dials look amazing. Was only vaguely aware of Paulin - that looks nice.
When it's safe to do so, you should visit the Paulin store on Great Western Road, they sell some cool stuff. One of the sisters who owns Paulin is married to the Lewis who owns Anordain. Shame it's covid or you could visit Anordain to see them make the enamel dials and how many they throw away due as the failure rate is quite high.
M235i
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Alex_ wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:59 pm

Love it Alex.

I love both of your blue Grand Seikos.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

@Coaster1 cheers mate :) .
M235i
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Got a new watch. It actually arrived on Wednesday but I've only just had the time to unbox it at leisure and enjoy removing the tags, setting the time and sizing it.
Spoiler

I find my G-Shock a bit bulky under a cycling jersey cuff. When I spotted these were £6.70 on Amazon, I couldn't resist. The last one I had was replaced by the G-Shock when the battery ran out but as well as being a bit bulky the G is less readable, heavier, and has functions I don't need.
F91W: best watch ever?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

DW5600 for me Jobbo. Got a new bezel coming for mine today ❤️
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I have a G2900 Chris. Yours is nicer. Just checking the model revealed that mine has an e-Data Memory, whatever the fuck that is - I've had it for a long time and never bothered checking what it does.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Just ordered a Casio GMA-S2100

I've always liked the 2100 "Casio-oak", but they're pretty big.

This is a new, smaller version and I really like the black/bronze colour scheme...

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:27 am Got a new watch. It actually arrived on Wednesday but I've only just had the time to unbox it at leisure and enjoy removing the tags, setting the time and sizing it.
Spoiler

I find my G-Shock a bit bulky under a cycling jersey cuff. When I spotted these were £6.70 on Amazon, I couldn't resist. The last one I had was replaced by the G-Shock when the battery ran out but as well as being a bit bulky the G is less readable, heavier, and has functions I don't need.
That's the watch I got specifically to go backpacking in South America (wanted something unattractive to thieves). Ah, if watches could talk. 8-)
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:33 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:27 am Got a new watch. It actually arrived on Wednesday but I've only just had the time to unbox it at leisure and enjoy removing the tags, setting the time and sizing it.
Spoiler

That's the watch I got specifically to go backpacking in South America (wanted something unattractive to thieves). Ah, if watches could talk. 8-)
Just needs a NATO 😉
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

DaveE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:38 pm Just ordered a Casio GMA-S2100

I've always liked the 2100 "Casio-oak", but they're pretty big.

This is a new, smaller version and I really like the black/bronze colour scheme...

Jody on Just One More Watch has done a video on it - and he’s wearing a very you T-shirt, Dave:

I have to say the one you’ve bought looks great.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Thanks Simon, I'll have a watch of that later

I'm guessing it's a review of the full sized version?

Look forward to see what the smaller one is like when it comes...
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

He mentions the small one but doesn’t have one in his hand. Worth watching anyway.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:33 am
Spoiler

Hurrah, a watch in this thread that I have too 😀
Left over crest; tightens.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Just watched that video Simon

Completely agree about the "Why make it a women's watch?" point

It doesn't bother me that it's marketed that way (in so much as it didn't stop me ordering one)

I saw something the other day though about watchfinder dropping the gender alignment on watches, and I totally agree. What does it matter? If you like a watch, wear it!