The Watches Thread

ShockDiamonds

The Watches Thread

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Used to like this one in the old forum. And seeing as I’ve recently changed watches and no longer have a monumental Super Avenger 2 (pics to follow, attachments are too large on the phone) I’ve put a placeholder. Gone back to the Navitimer, now have a GMT. Lovely style on a blue leather strap.

Who has what?
speedingfine

Re: The Watches Thread

Post by speedingfine »

If I was going to pick a watch that defined why I don't like Breitling watches, that'd be it :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Do you have tiny wrists or is it massive Mark ?
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Carlos wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:06 pm Do you have tiny wrists or is it massive Mark ?
Camera angle probably doesn't help but at 48mm it's chunky enough and being my left wrist it's a tad narrower...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 pm If I was going to pick a watch that defined why I don't like Breitling watches, that'd be it :lol:
Can we get a “like” button added to the forum?
Cheers,

Mike.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 pm If I was going to pick a watch that defined why I don't like Breitling watches, that'd be it :lol:
Why don't you like it? Genuine question. To me, it's epic. And a good deal less shouty than my last one.
John

Post by John »

The Breitlings certainly have a lot going on and I think that is probably the problem for many people.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

John wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 pm The Breitlings certainly have a lot going on and I think that is probably the problem for many people.
It may also be why their recent range announcements is going to result in a cull of the range, and a simpler dial for a lot of the offerings. Having seen the new ones, I don't like. Hence gone for the GMT before they're no longer available new.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 pm
Why don't you like it? Genuine question. To me, it's epic. And a good deal less shouty than my last one.
Because they are mostly worn by douchebags ;) . But seriously, nice watch SD.
M235i
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

I find myself being increasingly drawn to the white face Milgauss. Shame it’s been discontinued.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Racist. ;)

I’ve been lusting after a explorer ii (polar) for the last year or so but the magic spare £6k is proving difficult to come by!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

John wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 pm The Breitlings certainly have a lot going on and I think that is probably the problem for many people.
Yeah that and the size of the thing. It looks like Liberace's alarm clock to me, sorry :D
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I quite like the watch but it makes your wrist look puny and the watch look like a skydivers altimeter. Soz. :mrgreen:
John

Post by John »

GG. wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 pm Racist. ;)

I’ve been lusting after a explorer ii (polar) for the last year or so but the magic spare £6k is proving difficult to come by!
If you really wanted it..... ;)
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Just before Christmas, I finally acquired one of my grails, the Deepsea 'James Cameron'. It was completely unworn and I knew the guy who needed the money so we came up with a deal. I had to sell my ceramic Sub first which was rather easy and I made a small profit :shock: . Prices for Rolex steel sports watches have gone a bit mental lately. The Deepsea is an acquired taste. It's 44mm wide, 18mm thick and weighs 210g, so it's a hefty mofo. But I absolutely adore it. The gradient dial is just amazing and the overall watch feels way more special than my previous Sub. Water resistant to 3900m but I can't even swim :lol: .

M235i
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

GG. wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 pm Racist. ;)

Nice, another leftfield Rolex fan obviously.

Sadly, a service, MOT, new rear tyres and pads on the Exige have put paid to even the remotest likelihood of buying one any time soon!
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

McSwede wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 pm I quite like the watch but it makes your wrist look puny and the watch look like a skydivers altimeter. Soz. :mrgreen:
Don't you wear a massive Oris? ;)
M235i
John

Post by John »

As I posted on the last forum I recently bought a Rolex BLNR after being on the waiting list for almost a year. I was actually on the waiting lists of two Rolex dealers and a couple of weeks after buying my watch the second dealer phoned me and well you can guess where this is going.

A friend also wanted one so I offered it him at list (silly boy) and he turned me down :shock: so I sold it to a grey dealer for a nice but not excessive profit. I know people frown on this but I'm pretty certain if I hadn't bought it someone else would have done the same.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Alex_ wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:02 pm Just before Christmas, I finally acquired one of my grails, the Deepsea 'James Cameron'. It was completely unworn and I knew the guy who needed the money so we came up with a deal. I had to sell my ceramic Sub first which was rather easy and I made a small profit :shock: . Prices for Rolex steel sports watches have gone a bit mental lately. The Deepsea is an acquired taste. It's 44mm wide, 18mm thick and weighs 210g, so it's a hefty mofo. But I absolutely adore it. The gradient dial is just amazing and the overall watch feels way more special than my previous Sub. Water resistant to 3900m but I can't even swim :lol: .

Given the Navitimer is 15mm thick, give or take, 18mm sounds hefty indeed. Presumably you don't wear that with any cuffs?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Alex_ wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:13 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 pm I quite like the watch but it makes your wrist look puny and the watch look like a skydivers altimeter. Soz. :mrgreen:
Don't you wear a massive Oris? ;)
Correctamundo, 49mm but I have the wrists of a prolific and furious masterbater :mrgreen: