The House Projects Thread

V8Granite

Re: The House Projects Thread

Post by V8Granite »

No sex pond in yours GG, you’ve made a good choice 😎.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That's lovely Harry and should be superb when finished 8-)

On another note, does anyone know anything about party wall agreements? It's just occurred to me that we should probably have been notified by the neighbours in relation to foundation works. Which then prompted me to think that we should also be notifying them in respect of the remediation works to our foundations... :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:46 pm Harry, that's fab - doesn't look in too bad condition either. I spy quite a few of your cars poking into the photos :lol:
The garage was going to be my workshop, my grandad was encouraging me to get power etc put in. Then he went and died and the whole lot went up for sale. You can fit 3 cars comfortably side by side, could probably fit 5 in if you were creative.

It’s where I changed the clutch on the silver compact, and where the mrs’ touring still sits :lol:

I did put an offer in for the big tin shed, to turn into a proper workshop and warehouse, but unfortunately it’s included with the sale of the rest of the land. Will have to speak nicely to the new owners and see if they’ll rent out half of it to me...

We’ll get a concrete pad put down as a parking area when the rest of the groundworks are done, with a view to eventually putting a decent side double garage on. I know my brother in law keeps saying how much he wants a classic car but hasn’t got anywhere to keep on, maybe he’ll go halves on it with me...
Cheers, Harry
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:36 pm I've had an offer accepted on a place in Gloucester. It's got a driveway (that won't just have a smashed up MX5 in it like the last time I had a driveway) and it's got an outhouse with power. There's a small garden that's been paved over so I'll be ripping that up so there is some grass there.

First port of call is getting a sparky to put in more than 1 double socket per room, get a machete to find the back garden, rip up the godawful carpets and put down some new flooring to replace the smashed tiles in the kitchen and hallway. I'm very happy about it.
Three and a half months later, the bank have finally given me the mortgage offer! I'm relieved and excited.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

😎
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Excellent news!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:36 pm I've had an offer accepted on a place in Gloucester. It's got a driveway (that won't just have a smashed up MX5 in it like the last time I had a driveway) and it's got an outhouse with power. There's a small garden that's been paved over so I'll be ripping that up so there is some grass there.

First port of call is getting a sparky to put in more than 1 double socket per room, get a machete to find the back garden, rip up the godawful carpets and put down some new flooring to replace the smashed tiles in the kitchen and hallway. I'm very happy about it.
Three and a half months later, the bank have finally given me the mortgage offer! I'm relieved and excited.
Fantastic! Just got to make sure you’re at the top of the conveyancer’s to do list now...
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:31 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Fantastic! Just got to make sure you’re at the top of the conveyancer’s to do list now...
They're pretty good at moving fast. Unfortunately, when the documents arrived from the Leeds yesterday it had two different purchase prices listed. They valued the house at £170k when the initial agreed price was £175k. I used that to negotiate the price down. This has apparently confused the bank so they've got to get back to me with new paperwork.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Well, after months of waiting we're finally at the stage of concrete being pumped for the underpinning pads. Goes through the garage and utility room so it's squeaky bum time hoping there isn't a leak!

Holes down 2m deep. Apart from about 1ft of topsoil it's all sand below that so I've no idea what was here originally - Timperley was the garden of Manchester in the 1800s, supplying most of the fruit and veg as it's all peat round here. Doesn't sound like that's the whole story though
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:03 am Well, after months of waiting we're finally at the stage of concrete being pumped for the underpinning pads. Goes through the garage and utility room so it's squeaky bum time hoping there isn't a leak!
Don’t worry, they don’t leak they burst like Geoff Capes has had 20 pints of Guineas :lol:

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:03 am Well, after months of waiting we're finally at the stage of concrete being pumped for the underpinning pads. Goes through the garage and utility room so it's squeaky bum time hoping there isn't a leak!
Don’t worry, they don’t leak they burst like Geoff Capes has had 20 pints of Guineas :lol:

Dave!
Yes, I know! :lol:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am
20 pints of Guineas
That's a lot of coins!! :o

I'm going to be completing on 10th December. As I don't have to be out of my current place until 28th, I can sleep in a clean house while I decorate and repair the new one.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Saturday is the final day's work on our Rental place which we're selling

Maintenance guy's doing a few jobs (Removal of Old TV Aerial from the chimney Stack - cause I don't want to Die! and some tiling - cause I have no patience) and while he's at that, I've some odds and sods to finish.

I also need to clean all the Plastic covings from the front and we're good to go.

ON the market on Monday, all going to plan.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

1st 3 piers done and no bursts.

2 more to do on Fri. Got a lot of sand to find a home for!

Hopefully can lose a lot of it in some raised beds we've got planned. Lots to be on with over Autumn and Winter anyway
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s some nice soil. Wherever I dig it seems to be old construction waste or asbestos 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Yeah we've now got a pile of really high quality sand, one of mixed sand/topsoil/organic matter and they've also spread a load of really decent quality topsoil down one side. Perfect for veggie beds.

They've also relaid the armoured cable for the shed in a straight line, at a proper depth and with hazard tape (previous owner just zig-zagged it down the garden about 2" under the surface!), as well as some ducting with pull ropes in and a 25mm water pipe. 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:32 pm (previous owner just zig-zagged it down the garden about 2" under the surface!), as well as some ducting with pull ropes in and a 25mm water pipe. 8-)
Ha. We have some ducting and pull ropes running 1.5mm T&E to the garage by the previous owner. I've just had a new consumer unit installer and an outside tap off to run some SWA out for the shed and garage at a later date.

There was also some exterior lighting wired in 1mm black shotgun cable 2 inches under the lawn then under some paving slabs to a hole in the wall 😂😂
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:56 pm Got a lot of sand to find a home for!
Too use the local vernacular - Too easy maaaate!

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I've decided that the new house will require a name. I shall be manufacturing a sign that says "Leyton" in Aquamarine.
Banal Vapid Platitudes