The House Projects Thread

Simon

Re: The House Projects Thread

Post by Simon »

Yeah that's just to help reduce the power understeer...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Weight distribution Caymen achievement unlocked.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:23 pmCaymen
ummm
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Drain under kitchen sink started leaking, so ended up taking it all apart and refitting. Doesn't leak anymore, but OMG the gunk I cleaned out of the pipes. :cry:
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm Drain under kitchen sink started leaking, so ended up taking it all apart and refitting. Doesn't leak anymore, but OMG the gunk I cleaned out of the pipes. :cry:
The common stuff which turns into a horrific smell is amazing.

Baby pooh, animal pooh, Quavers filled human vomit, rotting animals etc all pale into significance against accumulated washing machine powder gunge in the vomit inducing race.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:11 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm Drain under kitchen sink started leaking, so ended up taking it all apart and refitting. Doesn't leak anymore, but OMG the gunk I cleaned out of the pipes. :cry:
The common stuff which turns into a horrific smell is amazing.

Baby pooh, animal pooh, Quavers filled human vomit, rotting animals etc all pale into significance against accumulated washing machine powder gunge in the vomit inducing race.

Dave!
Aye, disgusting. We've just cleaned our traps and pipes under the kitchen sink due the this. Started doing a wash cycle once in a while just with a dishwasher tablet in. Apparently helps with the smelly goo.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Welcome to my world 😂
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

jamcg wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:07 am Welcome to my world 😂
You’re probably elbow deep in “flushable” wipes on a weekly basis :lol:

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Nah I only do stuff in houses, bollocks to getting knee deep in sewers 😂
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

You crossed my mind as I was sat on the floor trying to piece it all together again. Was idly musing that the tap and sink could be replaced (wouldn't be a stretch as they're a bit tired) and with it all the under-sink plumbing. But cost avoided for now.
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I had a broken pipe in the flat last summer, no idea how and luckily it went behind the fridge rather than in the floor. Had the plumber come in and replace it - the whole place stank of concentrated Eau De Merde for hours. I was gagging the whole time!

My shower has a hair trap just inside the plug. Cleaning that out is also gag inducing so after the first experience I just resorted to nuking it with loads of caustic soda which worked a treat.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:36 am
You crossed my mind as I was sat on the floor trying to piece it all together again. Was idly musing that the tap and sink could be replaced (wouldn't be a stretch as they're a bit tired) and with it all the under-sink plumbing. But cost avoided for now.
Keep an eye on it, rubbers don’t like coming apart and back together again so it might start dripping in a couple of days- if it does, leave the rubbers in place and wrap them in about 5-6 turns of ptfe tape
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

jamcg wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:39 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:36 am
Keep an eye on it, rubbers don’t like coming apart and back together again so it might start dripping in a couple of days- if it does, leave the rubbers in place and wrap them in about 5-6 turns of ptfe tape
Cheers, good to know. They were quite mucky, so I cleaned them before reassembly.
---
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I met up with the Local Estate Agents at our Rental Property today and it is now on the Market. :D Long tortuous journey I won't bore / depress you with but it's for sale.

I have one small job scheduled in for next week (Broken Tile right at the Chimney Stack which can leak ever so slightly into the loft space in very heavy rain) but it's done. I'm hopeful of getting the asking price as properties are moving quickly on the street and whereas a few that have sold will need fairly extensive modernisation, we've done that to ours first (New Heating System, Radiators, Light Fittings, Decorated top to bottom etc.) It's move your furniture in, ready to go.

So if you you know anyone in the market for a 1960's built 3 Bed Semi Detached in a quiet Northamptonshire Village, lemmie know...

Fingers crossed for a quick sale
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The projects are progressing, the patio took a while with delays for Covid tests, snow and torrential rain... really happy with it though, it's already been used more than the old one did even when the weather was good. I'll need to get new furniture and then work my way down the garden when I have more money.

Front door is painted and nearly ready to fit.

I'm still waiting on the metal railings for the drive...

the projects keep coming - then there's the endless little snagging bits...
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Rich, that looks fantastic 8-)
M235i
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Looks excellent. How long is your garden? It looks a decent size.
---
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 pm Looks excellent. How long is your garden? It looks a decent size.
Ooh - a competition!

I guess 37m
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm in, but think you're being a bit optimistic. I'm saying 30.
---
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That looks great Rich. Next door have done something similar it I love how it becomes a proper extension of space from the house.

19 meters.

What's the prize btw?
Cheers,

Mike.